WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA DOJ agents at border-state gun shows

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Be careful out there...they’re watching purchases - even ammo and mags - and popping folks as they cross the border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yellowboat

Reaction score
They have done that for years, they got the idea from new jersey. No clue why this is legal.

pronstar

Reaction score
They have done that for years, they got the idea from new jersey. No clue why this is legal.
Yeah I agree, this is more police-state a bit that should be unacceptable.

Supposedly the organizer of the Lake Tahoe gun show INVITED the CA DOJ to his show. What an asshole.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Well fuck him. I have bought tons of mags at the show in Reno. Many of which were not legal to bring back in to ca... Which is why I left them at my uncle's place in Carson.

Most of my hunting fire arms use rarer cal. You are not walking into the average gun store and finding 257 weatherby mag in 110 grains, 17 Remington mag 16 ga or 28 ga in any type of variety or quantity.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Hopefully the recent federal decision on California's mag limit will be upheld in the appellate court.

DLC

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the new latest and supposed to be greatest magazine BAN is but if the magazines are dissembled. Then the are not a magazine. You can pin a 30 rounder to only hold 10 rds.

ammo is a different story.

still sucks to have big brother watching

pronstar

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the new latest and supposed to be greatest magazine BAN is but if the magazines are dissembled. Then the are not a magazine. You can pin a 30 rounder to only hold 10 rds.

ammo is a different story.

still sucks to have big brother watching
You may want to brush-up on your CA gun laws...CA DOJ says mag parts/kits are absolutely regulated (see below).

But...I dunno why someone doesn’t sell 20-round PMAGs as “458 SOCOMM mags” because you can only fit 7 458 rounds into a standard 20-round PMAG.
You’d effectively have a 20-round 5.56 mag that’s labeled as a 7-round 458 mag

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaMagazines

Further clarifications from the Department of Justice, which do not appear in the print of CPC 12020, are:
"Assembling" is equivalent to "Manufacturing", according to the DOJ. While common usage would consider the prohibited act of "manufacturing" a magazine to involve folding sheet metal and making a new magazine, the DOJ feels that assembling a magazine from pre-manufactured parts does constitute manufacture. This has not been contested; it is probably wise not to contest it.
Individual magazine parts are not regulated; complete magazines and "kits" are. California does not have constructive possession; disassembled magazines do not constitute magazines. It was once legal to do whatever you wanted with a magazine as long as the parts were disassembled; however, on Jan 1st 2014 the law changed. Summary: You could bring any single part of a magazine safely, but now bringing disassembled mag parts into the state may constitute a "rebuild kit", even if one or two parts are withheld.
Relevant text of CPC 32311 is that you can't be "any person in this state who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large capacity magazine conversion kit", defined as "For purposes of this section, a “large capacity magazine conversion kit” is a device or combination of parts of a fully functioning large-capacity magazine, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine".

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Wow that some good info!

I didn’t realize they banned kits.

thanks for the info. I haven’t bought anything in a while. One more reason to jump out of California!

pronstar

Reaction score
Wow that some good info!

I didn’t realize they banned kits.

thanks for the info. I haven’t bought anything in a while. One more reason to jump out of California!
One thing I leaned before I escaped...it’s definitely in your best interest to know CA gun laws

DLC

Reaction score
I have given up on Ca.
What stuff I have in Ca is all ca legal. I have brought any stuff in question over to a free country call Arizona.

It’s not worth playing a game to get an extra 10 /20 rounds for plinking when I can do it legally in AZ.

DLC

Reaction score
Ca gun laws change so fast it’s crazy!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Fortunately I have family in AZ. If... BIG IF... I go to a gun shop or show out there, I drive it immediately to my family's house for safe keeping. NO WAY would I EVER bring any of that scary stuff into Cali. Think of the kids people.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Fortunately I have family in AZ. If... BIG IF... I go to a gun shop or show out there, I drive it immediately to my family's house for safe keeping. NO WAY would I EVER bring any of that scary stuff into Cali. Think of the kids people.
It's like I always say, 15 rounds in a 10-22 is scary, but my m1 with only 8 is not. Which would you rather face?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's like I always say, 15 rounds in a 10-22 is scary, but my m1 with only 8 is not. Which would you rather face?
I always thought that about slugs in a Mossberg, or a .44 mag. It's not the number of shots, it's the number that hit.