WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ca has tax up again !!

boatpi

Reaction score
a Lost State, July 1 the next phase of the massive gas tax hits again, with almost$.06 cents per gallon on top with that text already even more for diesel!

TCHB

Reaction score
I just found out Tustin in Orange County has a lower sales tax than Havasu. I bought something recently and could not believe it.

Watch out if you register your new RV in AZ!!!! It will hurt.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I bought gas in AZ last week for $3.75. My local 76 Station was $3.97 and they knock off $0.20 if you get a car wash. Not bad, then there’s the weather. :D

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Paid 3.39 for regular at the Costco in Elsinore on the way home tonight

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
But the mindless dronesheep that believe the BS they are spoonfed, perfectly OK? :)

Whoa Hoss, not ALL of us that are still in Commifornia like what’s happening. There’s a shit-ton of us outside of the big suck city’s that WISH we had the other party’s ear. State of Jefferson is trying to help, but until we get traction we have to keep eating Gavin’s crap-sandwiches...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Im sufferin right alongside, gangster. :)

Whoa Hoss, not ALL of us that are still in Commifornia like what’s happening. There’s a shit-ton of us outside of the big suck city’s that WISH we had the other party’s ear. State of Jefferson is trying to help, but until we get traction we have to keep eating Gavin’s crap-sandwiches...

TCHB

Reaction score
Nice day of golf in Williams.
Fuck all the unions that push there stupid agenda and tell there membership to vote for these leaders and ballet measures !
The other side of this is:
The business promises the unions that it will use their labor if they get their endorsements!!!! Yes this is the way it works.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
OPINION: With Business Fleeing, California Doesn’t Look So Golden
January 7th, 2019
CA-State-Capitol-e1527787389241.jpg

Pedestrians walk past the California State Capitol building in Sacramento, California, U.S., on Thursday, March 30, 2017. (Photo: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
What California export is most appreciated by the rest of the states? Its world-class wines? Silicon Valley’s transformative technology? The Central Valley’s prized almonds and pistachios? How about companies, and the jobs that leave with them?

We’re not talking about California institutions such as Trader Joe’s and In-N-Out expanding into other states. This is about companies quitting California because the cost of doing business has become too dear. They’re fleeing as never before, relocating where they’re appreciated rather than wrung dry by government.

Sacramento needs to make sweeping changes to the income tax system. One of the executives cited the state’s “repressive tax system” as a reason to stay away.

Stifling regulation: “California’s regulatory environment is the most costly, complex and uncertain in the nation,” according to Vranich, and it’s gotten worse — California has the worstregulatory environment in the country.

Economic shackles: California has ranked 48th in the Cato Institute’s Freedom in the 50 States report every year since 2011. The Fraser Institute ranks California 47th in economic freedom. That’s a slight improvement over its next-to-last ranking for the four previous years.

Unaffordable housing: Nearly nine out of 10 (88 percent) business leaders surveyed said the high cost of housing, as well as the steep costs of commercial and industrial real estate, keeps them out of California.

Legal jeopardy: The worst “judicial hellhole” in the country? California, according to the American Tort Reform Foundation, regained its top ranking on that list this year. It matters. The previous year’s report said “an all-time high” of 85 percent of survey participants “said that a state’s lawsuit environment is likely to impact their company’s decisions about where to locate or expand.”

Overall quality of life: McKinsey & Company has placed California dead last in this category. Residents are underscoring the ranking by leaving in waves. Meanwhile, many who remain wish to leave. Executives are not eager to expand or relocate in what is perceived to be a withering state.

After years of watching businesses abandon California, Vranich is, for the first time, actively recommending companies leave the state. He’s also telling “companies thinking of moving to California” to “consider doing a U-turn” and reboot in “business-friendly states.” Policymakers have to get a handle on this slow-motion disaster before it begins rolling downhill so fast it can’t be stopped.

Kerry Jackson is a fellow with the Center for California Reform at the Pacific Research Institute, a nonprofit group advocating for limited government.

The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of The Daily Caller.

it's all GOOD!!! California will bring in more illegals to hand out free shit to...
we'll just tax the remaining businesses....
let's just Tax the government agencies.... that should do it.... they got LOTS of Cash!!! and they pay taxes...
Smart Politicians..

TCHB

Reaction score
Next time you see a commercial that says Endorsement by xxxxxxxx. You will know why! It does just happen.

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
With almost 60 years in the land of fruits-n-nuts, I’m not ready to leave yet and surrender...
40+ years in the trades (union), yeah they sell the crap to the membership (if you’re swallowing it).
RMarion, its all 100% true unfortunately. Keep you’re eyes open for a “lack of representation” court case.

hawgty55

Reaction score
You can have the smog I mean weather! This is where ill be filling up.
Screenshot_20190618-215933_Chrome.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I bought gas in AZ last week for $3.75. My local 76 Station was $3.97 and they knock off $0.20 if you get a car wash. Not bad, then there’s the weather. :D
In Tucson today it was $2.35 so I dunno where you bought in AZ but you got bent over.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
a Lost State, July 1 the next phase of the massive gas tax hits again, with almost$.06 cents per gallon on top with that text already even more for diesel!

Pfftttt that’s nothing. Wait until January when it can go up an additional .75 cents.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Pfftttt that’s nothing. Wait until January when it can go up an additional .75 cents.

Based on what, inflation? Only if the Fed cuts rates during a time of economic expansion.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I get it, but I came back to CA this week and local stations are about 3.50-3.70. I left Havasu and paid 3.19 I think on my way out....thats the closest I've seen the 2 prices ever....so WTF is really going on with gas prices in Havasu is what I want to know lol

boatpi

Reaction score
Regular at Sams in Vegas is $2.84, diesel at $3.03.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Based on what, inflation? Only if the Fed cuts rates during a time of economic expansion.

Inflation isn’t tax Rodney. The Carbon credits scheme we are already paying for could raise gas that much.. it probably won’t be that high though.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Inflation isn’t tax Rodney. The Carbon credits scheme we are already paying for could raise gas that much.. it probably won’t be that high though.

Read the law. The excise tax can be adjusted for inflation in January 2020.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
$2.79 in Parker yesterday...$3.79 in Long Beach today.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I get it, but I came back to CA this week and local stations are about 3.50-3.70. I left Havasu and paid 3.19 I think on my way out....thats the closest I've seen the 2 prices ever....so WTF is really going on with gas prices in Havasu is what I want to know lol
I paid $3.20 in Havasu last Sun.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Californian population with money is the problem in HAvasu. And Havasu knows it and charges accordingly.

BABBA6CB-5D59-4E82-98B7-712C1F7A6DC4.jpeg

Go up the road to Bullhead, same gas from the same suppliers and you are paying 40 cents less. Wasn’t like that before.

8614D0FD-5D75-4005-9096-9B9EFB467B92.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Guys.... but the weather. Where can you surf in the

Californian population with money is the problem in HAvasu. And Havasu knows it and charges accordingly.

View attachment 765902

Go up the road to Bullhead, same gas from the same suppliers and you are paying 40 cents less. Wasn’t like that before.

View attachment 765903

Exactly. I only buy gas at Smith’s or Loves when they are on my route. Most everywhere else is significantly more expensive.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
With almost 60 years in the land of fruits-n-nuts, I’m not ready to leave yet and surrender...
40+ years in the trades (union), yeah they sell the crap to the membership (if you’re swallowing it).
RMarion, its all 100% true unfortunately. Keep you’re eyes open for a “lack of representation” court case.
Welcome to RDP:)

Maestro

Reaction score
Usually buy at Smith's but filled up at terribles in Parker as it was significantly lower

BONER

Reaction score

Hey Buddy, atleast you didn't go Blue last Election because of the Californians.....

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Gas is expensive in Havasu but who cares!!! If push the throttles down the price goes out the window.
I filled up at the Mini Market on Avalon and Kiowa. I could have drove around and found it cheaper but its close to the house and I can dump my trash on the way out of town.