WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ca. Proposition's 2020 that pass / fail

Tank

Reaction score
With all the concern over the pres. race, the propostions have kind'a fell off the radar.

All though most are still to close to confirm

Prop 17 passed and prop 20 failed!!

So 17 will allow felons to vote. And 20, which was going to start the process of reforming the horrendously failed ab109 prop 47 and prop 57 (basically hold criminals a little more accountable and slow the mass flood of early release / zero accountability of criminals) has failed.

FOR FUCK SAKE California voters are as dumb as the day is long!!! It never ceases to amaze me how fucking stupid Ca voters are. Complain about drugs, vagrancy, shit in the street, crime rates out of control but vote like this! WTF????

AT least 22 passed so I can still get my grub hub and get a ride home from dinner when I'm tipsy.

HB2LHC

Reaction score
With all the concern over the pres. race, the propostions have kind'a fell off the radar.

So 17 will allow felons to vote. And 20, which was going to start the process of reforming the horrendously failed ab109 prop 47 and prop 57 (basically hold criminals a little more accountable and slow the mass flood of early release / zero accountability of criminals) has failed.

FOR FUCK SAKE California voters are as dumb as the day is long!!! It never ceases to amaze me how fucking stupid Ca voters are. Complain about drugs, vagrancy, shit in the street, crime rates out of control but vote like this! WTF????

AT least 22 passed so I can still get my grub hub and get a ride home from dinner when I'm tipsy.

Dude im with you. WTF!!!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

And 19 passed.....which garauntees all inherited properties that are passed down thru familes are re-assessed and charged property tax at full market assessed value. Bullshit

El Rojo

Reaction score
And 19 passed.....which garauntees all inherited properties that are passed down thru familes are re-assessed and charged property tax at full market assessed value. Bullshit
There’s gotta be a way around that....

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
What about the one that allows discrimination in hiring?

stevesdcb

Reaction score

Just great, at the rate Gavin & crew are releasing convicts, now they are allowed to vote. Most of them are to dumb to register however, with voter registration tables set up at Probation & Parole departments across California they will vote. With our tax dollars, the Dems always working every angle.

HotRod82

Reaction score

Too bad you're going to need a bulletproof Uber to get home.

Tank

Reaction score
Holy shit! that piece of shit passed too!? Man, that is fucked up.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

The really sad part is that majority of the general population have no idea how 109, 47, 57 and all the prcs stuff effects them. They believe that because they my not have a record that they won't be effected.

I shake my head every time I think about the hoops our LEO has to go through.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

I think the downfall of prop 20 was the DNA swab for misdemeanors. I know I didn't like that part, still voted yes. But so many people voted no.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thats even a kick in my nackers. My grandma doesnt have too long left (lets be real here), her and my grandpa built their Burbank house a mile away from Disney studios on a cul-de-sac back in the 60's and is one of the very house in Burbank that has an attached 4 car garage. Valued at over $1.3 right now. When grandma does pass, its REALLY gonna suck!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thats even a kick in my nackers. My grandma doesnt have too long left (lets be real here), her and my grandpa built their Burbank house a mile away from Disney studios on a cul-de-sac back in the 60's and is one of the very house in Burbank that has an attached 4 car garage. Valued at over $1.3 right now. When grandma does pass, its REALLY gonna suck!
Transfer it out of her name NOW.

thetub

Reaction score
The really sad part is that majority of the general population have no idea how 109, 47, 57 and all the prcs stuff effects them. They believe that because they my not have a record that they won't be effected.

I shake my head every time I think about the hoops our LEO has to go through.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

and another big blow George Gascon former San Franshitco DA just got elected as DA now in LA...

Jackie Lacey is out.

hes the most liberal shithead out there...

cops have there hands full now...

Kalifornia is looking to be the next San Franshitco

thetub

Reaction score
Im gonna talk to my dad tonight ad make sure its in a trust of some sort. It may already be that Im just unaware of. If not, since my dad is the executor of the estate, I know they will get that done ASAP.

I believe primary residence passed to children are exempt up to 1 million dollars...

got to get the details.

it strictly goes after investment properties and vacation homes.

they pulled the wool over dumb peoples eyes again... and hose draggers went along with them...

pricks

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
and another big blow George Gascon former San Franshitco DA just got elected as DA now in LA...

Jackie Lacey is out.

hes the most liberal shithead out there...

cops have there hands full now...

Kalifornia is looking to be the next San Franshitco

I don't think people even realize how bad that is. He is one of the major factors that created the landslide of turning SF into the shit hole it is. You think L.A. is bad now. Mark my words...STAND BY

PlanB

Reaction score
I believe primary residents passed to children are exempt up to 1 million dollars...

got to get the details.

it strictly goes after investment and vacation homes.

they pulled the wool over dumb peoples eyes again... and hose draggers went along with them...

pricks

I will have to look into this. My moms home is in a Trust right now, but I am not sure that protects it from Prop 19. It is her primary residence though. Thanks for the heads up.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Its a "one time" benefit the way I see it - It allows those 55+ to move anywhere in CA and do it up to 3 times, and purchase more expensive properties paying only the valuation difference. But.....hanging on to property within a family is screwed. Has to be occupied as a primary residence or its taxed full tilt.

The thing is - you can already move between most counties and keep your prop 13, so it's not an issue. This is just a way to cash in on properties that family owned and passed down

thetub

Reaction score
Its a "one time" benefit the way I see it - It allows those 55+ to move anywhere in CA and do it up to 3 times, and purchase more expensive properties paying only the valuation difference. But.....hanging on to property within a family is screwed. Has to be occupied as a primary residence or its taxed full tilt.

The thing is - you can already move between most counties and keep your prop 13, so it's not an issue. This is just a way to cash in on properties that family owned and passed down

yup you can already do it... they duped people so bad... they are the lowest scum on earth

this was one way around prop 13

people are so stoopid they just fu-ked themselves

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Prop 19 is a mixed bag of tricks it seems...

A "yes" vote supports this constitutional amendment to:

* allow eligible homeowners to transfer their tax assessments anywhere within the state and allow tax assessments to be transferred to a more expensive home with an upward adjustment;

* increase the number of times that persons over 55 years old or with severe disabilities can transfer their tax assessments from one to three;

* require that inherited homes that are not used as principal residences, such as second homes or rentals, be reassessed at market value when transferred; and

* allocate additional revenue or net savings resulting from the ballot measure to wildfire agencies and counties.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You need to make it appear as though you are going to use it as a primary residence. I think that's the way around it

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Thankfully this is not 100% correct. *phew*

How would the ballot measure affect inherited properties?
In California, parents or grandparents can transfer primary residential properties to their children or grandchildren without the property's tax assessment resetting to market value. Other types of properties, such as vacation homes and business properties, can also be transferred from parent to child or grandparent to grandchild with the first $1 million exempt from re-assessment when transferred.[1]

The ballot measure would eliminate the parent-to-child and grandparent-to-grandchild exemption in cases where the child or grandchild does not use the inherited property as their principal residence, such as using a property as a rental house or a second home. When the inherited property is used as the recipient's principal residence but is sold for $1 million more than the property's taxable value, an upward adjustment in assessed value would occur. The ballot measure would also apply these rules to certain farms. Beginning on February 16, 2023, the $1 million amount would be adjusted each year at a rate equal to the change in the California House Price Index.

MSum661

Reaction score

Daaaaaaamn!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Thankfully this is not 100% correct. *phew*

How would the ballot measure affect inherited properties?
In California, parents or grandparents can transfer primary residential properties to their children or grandchildren without the property's tax assessment resetting to market value. Other types of properties, such as vacation homes and business properties, can also be transferred from parent to child or grandparent to grandchild with the first $1 million exempt from re-assessment when transferred.[1]

The ballot measure would eliminate the parent-to-child and grandparent-to-grandchild exemption in cases where the child or grandchild does not use the inherited property as their principal residence, such as using a property as a rental house or a second home. When the inherited property is used as the recipient's principal residence but is sold for $1 million more than the property's taxable value, an upward adjustment in assessed value would occur. The ballot measure would also apply these rules to certain farms. Beginning on February 16, 2023, the $1 million amount would be adjusted each year at a rate equal to the change in the California House Price Index.
Its exactly as I described - See highlighted text 2nd paragraph. You have to use the home as a primary residence, or show that you do.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Its exactly as I described. See highlighted text 2nd paragraph. You have to use the home as a primary residence, or show that you do.

Now that we have that all settled...

:p

Either way, the bill was written to fool the sheeple. And it looks like they did a good job of it. Score one for Rod.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Now that we have that all settled...

:p

Either way, the bill was written to fool the sheeple. And it looks like they did a good job of it. Score one for Rod.

1604525712761.png

Last edited:

Sherpa

Reaction score

BigBore has this partially correct: with exception to one issue: there's currently only 13 counties participating in prop 60-prop-90 which created the 55+ and over
tax basis carryover to a different home.......... so it's not a one-fix all situation.

Personally, for myself and my family, I'm stoked about prop 19 passing.......... NOW I CAN MOVE TO ANY COUNTY IN CALIFORNIA I WANT AND CARRY OVER MY
TAX BASIS ON MY HOME...........

--Sherpa

Mototrig

Reaction score

California voters are dumb? Or California Government figured out how to rig it.....I say both are believable

spark2678

Reaction score

I bought my parents house 10 years ago and enjoy the befits of the tax assessment being $4500/y instead of almost $10/yr. In my case, and probably the majority, this passing would not have affected me due to the below in red. It does suck it passed for those that use it as a vacation house or secondary. Just another sneaky way to squeeze more out.

"In California, parents or grandparents can transfer primary residential properties to their children or grandchildren without the property's tax assessment resetting to market value. Other types of properties, such as vacation homes and business properties, can also be transferred from parent to child or grandparent to grandchild with the first $1 million exempt from re-assessment when transferred.[1]"

"The ballot measure would eliminate the parent-to-child and grandparent-to-grandchild exemption in cases where the child or grandchild does not use the inherited property as their principal residence, such as using a property as a rental house or a second home. When the inherited property is used as the recipient's principal residence but is sold for $1 million more than the property's taxable value, an upward adjustment in assessed value would occur. The ballot measure would also apply these rules to certain farms. Beginning on February 16, 2023, the $1 million amount would be adjusted each year at a rate equal to the change in the California House Price Index.[1]"

thetub

Reaction score
BigBore has this partially correct: with exception to one issue: there's currently only 13 counties participating in prop 60-prop-90 which created the 55+ and over
tax basis carryover to a different home.......... so it's not a one-fix all situation.

Personally, for myself and my family, I'm stoked about prop 19 passing.......... NOW I CAN MOVE TO ANY COUNTY IN CALIFORNIA I WANT AND CARRY OVER MY
TAX BASIS ON MY HOME...........

--Sherpa

thats a good way to look at it , but why not ALL property types?

why exclude investment and vacation homes or should I say change the way it was before this passage?

its a good thing partially , but people who own vacation homes and business properties not so much

and are you sure its anywhere in California like you say?

any info on that?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It’s time to do like the libs do when they don’t like the outcome of a proposition (like 187) have a judge declare it unconstitutional and tell the libs to suck it.

Sherpa

Reaction score
as for why not all property types I can't answer............. however, think about it this way: If someone is older, and wants to passdown a vacation home, commercial property, or whatever, instead of going through motions like that, how about adding the person they want to pass along the property to onto the deed........ once your name is on it
and later you can remove the original owners names, you just assumed the property. keep paying the low tax rates.....
I dunno...

I do know that the original tax-carryover for 1-time only for only 55 years and older, was only permitted to be used in reciprocal counties which approved the list. that list
held 13 counties........... quite a few in southern calif, some not-so nice to "move to"........... Santa Clara county is on the list (And I would consider moving to Gilroy-Morgan HIll, and still work in the bay area............. however, given the opportunity to relocate back to Chico or close-by, I'd rather do that.

--and previously, Butte County wasn't on the list.........

DLC

Reaction score
This is just a sideways money grab and an attempt to strike down prop 13 in a round about way. They key here is to discuss things before your elders pass, I’m sure there is a loop hole maybe being added to title, forming a family trust, or a corporation.

the best way is to get it out of the individual name.

PlanB

Reaction score
This is just a sideways money grab and an attempt to strike down prop 13 in a round about way. They key here is to discuss things before your elders pass, I’m sure there is a loop hole maybe being added to title, forming a family trust, or a corporation.

the best way is to get it out of the individual name.

I am going to be talking to a lawyer to find out how to handle my mom's house.