WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA school sit out Oct 18. Anyone?

wet hull

Reaction score
We are going to participate in protest of the vaccination for out daughter. Its a no call no show deal. Will be interesting how many other parents at my daughter school protest. We will probably get in trouble as we already got a letter for truancy. Missed 3 days this year chasing fun in Havasu.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We are going to participate in protest of the vaccination for out daughter. Its a no call no show deal. Will be interesting how many other parents at my daughter school protest. We will probably get in trouble as we already got a letter for truancy. Missed 3 days this year chasing fun in Havasu.
There are several districts and schools that are trying to make it a "teacher appreciation" day so it makes some students and parents think twice about it as the poor lowly teachers are the ones that are going to get hurt by this.

Guess they should have stood up to their union's bullshit.

wet hull

Reaction score
There are several districts and schools that are trying to make it a "teacher appreciation" day so it makes some students and parents think twice about it as the poor lowly teachers are the ones that are going to get hurt by this.

Guess they should have stood up to their union's bullshit.
Hadn't heard that twist. Her teacher loves us. She is a boater as well. She willl understand.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
22FE8BB0-E59C-4A45-96DC-7F32C57CD054.jpeg

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Good this is going to happen .
All my kids are out of school otherwise they would be home

Wedgy

Reaction score
Should be all across the country, to show unity on the subject. It’s amazing and so sad what is going on in this country currently.
Hell yeah Brother. Time for a Stampede!
Cali K-12 schools are going to lose mllioins if there is follow through. Paid per student by the State on daily ADA. Average Daily Attendance. Each 1000 kids out will be Death by a Thousand cuts, to ADA.

California TEA and Administrators, School Boards, think Parents are simply The Dairy Workers who care for their, "Herd."

Hit them where it hurts. Don't stop.. Savage. I Iike it.

azsunfun

Reaction score
from what i have read mothers around the country are planning this, hope it comes true, but one day wont work, half the students out for a week would send a message, since s.f. schools took 3500 student loss redoing the budget planning on those students not returning.😂

4Waters

Reaction score
It's for the teachers as well. We are in-between a rock and a hard place, my Daughter (high school) has a test on Monday and that teachers grading has tests as 70% of their grade so a zero will destroy her 4.0.

Remember that if you call your kid out that defeats the purpose of this, it has to be un-excused. My son is in 5th grade and he will be getting the day off.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I encourage you all to participate.

We recently switched to home school. It’s difficult but possible.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
It's for the teachers as well. We are in-between a rock and a hard place, my Daughter (high school) has a test on Monday and that teachers grading has tests as 70% of their grade so a zero will destroy her 4.0.

Remember that if you call your kid out that defeats the purpose of this, it has to be un-excused. My son is in 5th grade and he will be getting the day off.
Commie teachers are doing this by design, trying their best to continue everyone’s submission. 🖕🏼 Them.

But I agree... needs to be more than one day. Should be a permanent pull out until the other side caves with their mandates.

TCHB

Reaction score
Go Mater Dei! It is like 1955 there. If you do not follow the rules you are gone.

Wedgy

Reaction score

4.0 is awesome. Yeah, that would suck. I say make up test, that much of the grade at stake. Right thing to do. They're doing harm to us/Kids, not doing good.

I made a deal 2nd trip up to the Counselors office at OG, with my Senioritis Senior to match the 3.5 I managed to eek out my last year is HS. He'd be the first to lead the walkout. Have her read what the signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged to sacrifice.

IMO&E. If walkouts work, and schools take huge ADA hits, either repeatedly, or on an ongoing basis: Will Cali Districts let the scores all of the different measures of Academics just slide? Wouldn't put it past them. In a 37 year career, I have never seen more Administrative, Bureaucratic, spite, grudges, fraud, incompetence, and retribution, by Administrators, than when I was employed in the Cali school system. Not saying all are this way. Many nice people and good ones I admire and had the pleasure of working with.
However. Punishing Parents and the Kids hurts Academia more if all the Academic scores tank.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
4.0 is awesome. Yeah, that would suck. I say make up test, that much of the grade at stake. Right thing to do. They're doing harm to us/Kids, not doing good.

I made a deal 2nd trip up to the Counselors office at OG, with my Senioritis Senior to match the 3.5 I managed to eek out my last year is HS. He'd be the first to lead the walkout. Have her read what the signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged to sacrifice.

IMO&E. If walkouts work, and schools take huge ADA hits, either repeatedly, or on an ongoing basis: Will Cali Districts let the scores all of the different measures of Academics just slide? Wouldn't put it past them. In a 37 year career, I have never seen more Administrative, Bureaucratic, spite, grudges, fraud, incompetence, and retribution, by Administrators, than when I was employed in the Cali school system.
However. Punishing Parents and the Kids hurts Academia more if all the Academic scores tank.
You can only make up the test if it's an excused absence and that would defeat the purpose.

azsunfun

Reaction score
no entrance exams for college? seniors graduating without going to government education camps in 2020, and now its a problem? you are the parents take charge.

Reactions: DWC

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I support this. They need to be reminded they work for you not the other way around.

Just say NO to all their demands. what are they gonna do give you detention?

I would laugh if they said my kid would get a bad grade because of this. I would tell them we need to have a parent teacher conference where I would remind them how much of our time they wasted last year. Then it would be a fight about him doing the assignment. It would be more trouble than it’s worth for them

240Hallett

Reaction score

So how about a partial day off for the daughter? That test isn’t gonna last all day…

LhcBrad

Reaction score
I am all for this but... I think the schools will cook the books and have it show no absences or very few for that day. Or if they were honest, and showed the truth, the Media would not mention it. The only way to get this point across is to pull your kid for good when the vaccine is mandated.
One day wont make a difference.

Last edited:

USMC2010

Reaction score
I would have my kid home schooled if this were happening when he was young.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Forget the students at UCLA jumping in.
That graveyard flu that's hit has swept through the dorms with no sign of easing up.
Maynards in his 8th day of a death cough and fever.

TCHB

Reaction score
This was me in the day. my dad would have never ever stay home from school because of the school shots.
53EC4FE8-A2D0-4533-B7B5-4D80D5C74F32.jpeg

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I mentioned it to several of my high school classes and not a single student seemed to be aware of it. I dont think they will get much of a turnout statewide at all.
Bigger question by far, is how many police, fire, med., truckers etc will take part. That is what will make people take notice.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, my way smarter than me daughter came out yesterday afternoon and said even if you call me out so I can make up my assignments we still send a message, so we are going to call her out and it turns out there is a lot of parents doing the same for their high schoolers.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Switch your kids to home school. Trust me you can’t do any worse than most of the Teachers.
/\ This and protect their health (mental too) at all costs. This is from some we know. She posted it and it’s gone viral.

E89908A3-D922-47A5-8A4B-1DC888B792F9.jpeg

HBCraig

Reaction score
We are out of town. Errrrr, we have a doctor's appointment to get his shoulder checked out. ;)

Wonder just how much money they will lose with a good portion of then missing. The important question is will schools make the kids stay out from school for a full two weeks if they call in "sick" and then make them show a negative test.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I don't think this will carry the results that anyone expects it to. The Gov (who decides funding for schools) is pushing the vaccine. What makes you think they would punish schools for the actions of "anti-vaxxers"? It'll probably result in additional funding for some sort of program or study to determine why this happened, and then more funding in an attempt to prevent it later. The state doesn't care.

Singleton

Reaction score
I asked my wife and her answer was ‘no’ since our daughter has her IEP assessment today and if she misses that, it f’s up she speech and language SE For the rest of the year.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We are out of town. Errrrr, we have a doctor's appointment to get his shoulder checked out. ;)

Wonder just how much money they will lose with a good portion of then missing. The important question is will schools make the kids stay out from school for a full two weeks if they call in "sick" and then make them show a negative test.
You can’t call in sick. Call in to say that you are keeping them home due to the mandate. Calling in sick the school still gets money.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I asked my wife and her answer was ‘no’ since our daughter has her IEP assessment today and if she misses that, it f’s up she speech and language SE For the rest of the year.
My kids IEP teacher (director) was making sure she stayed home today.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You can’t call in sick. Call in to say that you are keeping them home due to the mandate. Calling in sick the school still gets money.
I'm told that in Ventura County, school funding is determined by enrollment as opposed to daily attendance (due to the Covid situation). That way the schools don't take a huge hit every time they make groups of kids do a 10 day quarantine, which is frequent.

We're not keeping the kids out, as they have missed too much already. I AM going to the protest at Ventura County school headquarters in Camarillo CA today between 9-11