WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA speeding ticket question

dspracing

Reaction score
So my wife scored herself a speeding ticket a month or so ago in California. Week or two later, she got her Arizona drivers license.

Assuming she should follow the typical route, pay the ticket and take traffic school????

Do the points transfer? Does she even need to do the traffic school?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
So my wife scored herself a speeding ticket a month or so ago in California. Week or two later, she got her Arizona drivers license.

Assuming she should follow the typical route, pay the ticket and take traffic school????

Appear in court, pray the cop doesnt show, you instantly win. Otherwise your "out" is just asking for traffic school.

Although I think with covid there arent any court sessions right now and some desk person is just going to handle your case and give you traffic school anyways. Bummer.

Do the like 8 hour class and pay your ticket. My wife got like a 87 in a 65 a few months ago. Was only like $300 all said and done. No points.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
How fast over the posted limit?
California shares d.l. stuff with Arizona.
Don't fight it.
There making folks take a 16hr zoom platform behavior course if you fight it and lose..
Ask me how I know this..

dspracing

Reaction score
Appear in court, pray the cop doesnt show, you instantly win. Otherwise your "out" is just asking for traffic school.

Although I think with covid there arent any court sessions right now and some desk person is just going to handle your case and give you traffic school anyways. Bummer.

Do the like 8 hour class and pay your ticket. My wife got like a 87 in a 65 a few months ago. Was only like $300 all said and done. No points.
Same boat, she was going 89 in 65.

grumpy88

Reaction score

Court is in session my friend is chp and goes once a week

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I just did traffic school online for a speeding ticket, doesn't get any easier.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Courts are in session again and points will not carry over to Arizona if she got the ticket and gave the officer her California driver's license.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
There's only 5 states that don't share drive license info..
California will send info to Arizona

I asked for traffic school with az d.l and judge gave me 2 week lose driving privileges in Cali and 16hr behavior zoom class.. everyone in the class was the same deal tired to fight it or asked for something and got dbl screwed.
Pay it online and do school if they offer it..

dspracing

Reaction score
Courts are in session again and points will not carry over to Arizona if she got the ticket and gave the officer her California driver's license.
That's kind of what I figured would be the case from a logistical perspective but not sure how to verify.

dspracing

Reaction score
I believe +20mph over disqualifies you for traffic school
That's what I had thought also. In fact 20 over is reckless driving in some states. When the citation came she did have the traffic school option listed though.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
That's what I had thought also. In fact 20 over is reckless driving in some states. When the citation came she did have the traffic school option listed though.
If it has the option listed just check the box and pay it and do the traffic school online. Ive done it a few times when i shouldn't have had the option for school but they listed it on the citation.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Fight it by mail. Use as many extensions as they allow, and at the end of that send in bail $ and request a trail by written declaration. If that does not work and you are found guilty you can request a new trial and ask for traffic school.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Fight it by mail. Use as many extensions as they allow, and at the end of that send in bail $ and request a trail by written declaration. If that does not work and you are found guilty you can request a new trial and ask for traffic school.
absolutely dont do this..
pay the fine and do the traffic school there letting you and move on..

I think courts are making up for lost revenue from all the covid leniency that was going on..
read my post #12

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I think courts are making up for lost revenue from all the covid leniency that was going on..
read my post #12

Why not? You are relying on the cop to respond within a certain period. If they don't, case dismissed. The fine is the fine, you are just getting two attempts at a desirable outcome.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Why not? You are relying on the cop to respond within a certain period. If they don't, case dismissed. The fine is the fine, you are just getting two attempts at a desirable outcome.
This the best way to handle it. You are just using the process and sometimes it will work for you.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

How'd she get her Az DL if you're still looking for a rental house?
Try the fight by mail if the time/effort is worth the ~$300.
I do believe that DL info sharing is one of the few Az/Ca laws that coincide.

dspracing

Reaction score
How'd she get her Az DL if you're still looking for a rental house?
Try the fight by mail if the time/effort is worth the ~$300.
I do believe that DL info sharing is one of the few Az/Ca laws that coincide.
Her license is linked to the lot we are building on.

Wouldn't mind saving the $300 but my real concern is making sure she doesn't get any points.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Wouldn't mind saving the $300 but my real concern is making sure she doesn't get any points.
Kinda thought that but didn't know they'd do it with just a lot addy. Cool.
Btw...might be checking with you soon for some radius rods. Dunno yet if 10 or 12mm since mines a '17. 👍👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Kinda thought that but didn't know they'd do it with just a lot addy. Cool.
Btw...might be checking with you soon for some radius rods. Dunno yet if 10 or 12mm since mines a '17. 👍👍

Do you still want a radio/comms parts list Zig? If so I had a couple questions about what you were desiring for features.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The catch with fighting it by mail, is that if you lose and request a new trail, you have to show up in person. In person you can ask for traffic school.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

read my post #12

I have won 2 trial by written declaration cases for chp speeding tickets. Do as LOF says and when its all done if you win they refund the $$$.

Local pd shows up for court CHP not so much it seems based on the companies that will do this for you.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do you still want a radio/comms parts list Zig? If so I had a couple questions about what you were desiring for features.
Jess, Si Señor.
Been thinking a few routes, then I sleep on it and think another way..... and so on🤪🤣 So I really haven't come to a conclusion on that stuff.
Will you be in Havasu anytime soon? I've wanted to check out your worn out ol' Rzr and see how you've done certain things to it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Jess, Si Señor.
Been thinking a few routes, then I sleep on it and think another way..... and so on🤪🤣 So I really haven't come to a conclusion on that stuff.
Will you be in Havasu anytime soon? I've wanted to check out your worn out ol' Rzr and see how you've done certain things to it.

Yep. This weekend (kinda a busy weekend but may have some time), and Wed-Sun of next week. Just let me know.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It all depends where she got to ticket. There are certain areas that the CHP officers love to get overtime and go to court. In those instances and depends where it’s at a lawyer is your best route. The declaration route will not work.

D19

Reaction score
It all depends where she got to ticket. There are certain areas that the CHP officers love to get overtime and go to court. In those instances and depends where it’s at a lawyer is your best route. The declaration route will not work.

True out on the 40. I used a lawyer once out of Barstow who said 9/10 times CHP will show up for the OT and they did in my case.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
True out on the 40. I used a lawyer once out of Barstow who said 9/10 times CHP will show up for the OT and they did in my case.

I'm 2 for 2 on case dismissal for tickets on the 40 via fighting by mail.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
not the same anymore..
I just did(may 2021) all that you are guys suggesting with a lawyer and judge did not care and
hammered me . I should just paid it and be done.. they are offering your wife traffic school have her take it and be done..
my woman got a ticket jan 2021 did traffic school and paid fine.. all done easy.. i should have done the same..

everyone in class (28 people) that wanted traffic school or tried to fight it or other reason got hammered with suspensions and behavior class.
its all about revenue now..

also did the court class that was on the approved list and when i turned in paperwork judge did not approve and made me take new class thats the only one they use now.

Last edited: