WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cable Pull Skiing

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Did some cable pull h20 skiing a few days ago here in the keys

Been 3 years and both shoulders replaced since I’ve skied ….wild hair and my wife challenged me….apparently….

all went well, shoulders are bullet proof but my ass, calf and hammy hurt like hell.

Cable pull water skiing friggin awkward. 22 mph max, maybe distance of 50 yards. Then try to get enough speed and momentum to get yourself into a whip and continue back the other way when the cable returns. Ultimate disappointment when I couldn’t get the return

rrrr

Reaction score
There are two wakeboarding facilities near me, one is in Little Elm next to Lake Lewisville, and the other is part of a large park in Allen, just north of Plano.

Both facilities have multiple jumps, rails, and other features. I've checked them out, and it looks like getting up is pretty easy. The rider stands on a platform, a handle comes up on a rack, the rider grabs it and it hooks into the traveling cable. The rider is launched and off they go.

It costs $40 for a two hour session, and I think it's a good deal. A lap around the park takes a couple of minutes, and the challenge features have various degrees of difficulty.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Even when I pulling children on doubles we’re above 22….. that’s about knee board speeds based on weight of the rider….

slalom skier bigger guy is minimum 30 mph…

—Sherpa

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Did some cable pull h20 skiing a few days ago here in the keys

Been 3 years and both shoulders replaced since I’ve skied ….wild hair and my wife challenged me….apparently….

all went well, shoulders are bullet proof but my ass, calf and hammy hurt like hell.

Cable pull water skiing friggin awkward. 22 mph max, maybe distance of 50 yards. Then try to get enough speed and momentum to get yourself into a whip and continue back the other way when the cable returns. Ultimate disappointment when I couldn’t get the return
Too bad there’s no water there to ski behind a boat on 😜

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
There's "Wakeboard Island" at the Blue Water Resort. Pretty sure it's closed for COVID, but should reopen when this shit is over.

b5739bcd1f81e7480432f5fde4a7735b.jpg

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
There are two wakeboarding facilities near me, one is in Little Elm next to Lake Lewisville, and the other is part of a large park in Allen, just north of Plano.

Both facilities have multiple jumps, rails, and other features. I've checked them out, and it looks like getting up is pretty easy. The rider stands on a platform, a handle comes up on a rack, the rider grabs it and it hooks into the traveling cable. The rider is launched and off they go.

It costs $40 for a two hour session, and I think it's a good deal. A lap around the park takes a couple of minutes, and the challenge features have various degrees of difficulty.

We’ve got Texas Ski Ranch south of Austin. It’s actually a bitchin complex with ax throwing etc lol

Sherpa

Reaction score
…on what octane?

Lol…. If I pour in a can of 104 into a half/full fuel tank that started out as 87, and got it all mixed in good, I think I could touch the water with my hand when turning ala Mike Mack body slide…!
Except at that point I’m more “lawn dart” than
Smooth charisma skier dude.. so I’d say the octane was 97.6 by then. Lol

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I've ridden Little Elm a bunch of times. Texas Ski Ranch is a pretty good one, and there's one in Conroe a little N. of Houston. Texas has quite a few of them. There was talk about putting one at Lake Bartlett a few years ago, but never came around. A water park in Gilbert was started, but does not seem to be going anywhere either. The OP is riding what's called a 2.0 cable that goes back and forth, like the one at Bluewater. They can be tough at the turn when learning. The others mentioned are large cables that go in a circle. Lot's of fun IMHO. Never seen anyone ride a ski. I've ridden a surfboard once, and generally ride a wake skate.