WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cabo Fishing

JBS

Reaction score
The wife and I will be in Cabo the first week in July. I thought it would be fun to get a fishing charter for a day. Either for just the two of us or a small group if the charter puts it together. Really no idea on costs and what is available.

Who has been?

Recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

SHEP

Reaction score
We went to Cabo earlier this year and chartered a 42' sail boat to go whale watching and snorkeling. I think Captain Ron or Bob was the charter or captain, he is the only American captain that does it down there. Anyhow, great day out on the ocean and he provided lunch, apps, tons of beer, snorkels and fins. Might be something else to look at if you don't want to do a full day of fishing.

SHEP

530RL

Reaction score
Geez Jeff,

You should have spent more time in the garage. That guy sitting in the corner chair has three boats down in Cabo.....

707dog

Reaction score
Been twice...depending what Your Fishing For There's A Daily Limit And Tags/flags That Go Along With it. Our first trip join a small charter boat with some other we didn't know that once the boat it self catches all it tags for the day fishing is over went back empty handed, sunburnt n drunk and bummed that we couldn't stay out the rest of our 3 hrs. Our 2nd trip down spent the money got our own boat for the day ($350-400) me and my dad split it not including all the daily license n mumbo jumbo the require. Within the first few hrs my dad hooked a smaller marlin and a OK sized Dorado. Nothing for hrs of driving around then On the way in hooked a marlin on my pole. ..45 mins of fighting came up with a 155lb beauti...made for a great dinner for a couple nights at the resort even shipped some back home...so to sum it up might be worth getting your own charter if the fishing is good or slow...it was our dream fishing trip so worth every penny

Reactions: JBS

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We chartered a boat like 15 years ago and the only thing I caught was a hangover...lol

It was a very expensive boat ride...haha

BTW....do you two ever stay home. Who is watching the baby this time?:D:eek:

PVHCA

Reaction score
We chartered a boat like 15 years ago and the only thing I caught was a hangover...lol

Uncle Phil and Uncle AJ have the baby sitting duties that weekend.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Attachments

• bad_babysitter83b731.jpg
    bad_babysitter83b731.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 25

JBS

Reaction score
Geez Jeff,

You should have spent more time in the garage. That guy sitting in the corner chair has three boats down in Cabo.....

Geez. Been meaning to drop by again

JBS

Reaction score

Uncle Phil and Uncle AJ have the baby sitting duties that weekend.

We will be home this weekend :D

Phil and Aj thanks so much.

But Aunt Kelli Les sister will be keeping her.

Looking forward to getting away on an adult trip :)

spectra 224

Reaction score
El budster has been around for for a good number of years! Always liked the name. All I can add is do your homework! I went out for a spendy boat ride last year because the vu ides wanted a big marlin and all I needed was a small tuna or Dorado!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

minijeep

Reaction score
I went about a month and a half ago, we chartered a 32 from REDRUM. We did a full day and was about 1100 US. We caught two marlin that trip. Keep in mind this isn't the best time to fish down there, October is the prime month. So you maybe better off catching a buzz on the beach and relaxing although it's always great when you catch something!

pkbullet

Reaction score
Pisces charters seems to handle the majority of the business in the marina. Just a side note, if you have a chance to stay at the Hacienda it is amazing.