WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cabo for Christmas. School Me!

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
So the wife and i decided to forgo the traveling and hustle and bustle of a traditional christmas with multiple families and decided to head to cabo for a week instead.

What are the must do items/attractions?

No reservations available for El Farallon unfortunately, what's the next most memorable restaurants?

Things we are going to do: day trip to Todos (should i rent a motorcycle or car), arc boat trip, flora farm visit, san jose cabo art walk.

Im a sailor as well, does anyone know of a company that i can rent a boat for a half day and do some sailing?

What else do we have to do/see? Office, mango, cabo wabo? We are staying near the marina and are foodies as well. Open to high end dining down to the road side stand that cannot be missed if there is one.

Read al the cabo threads on RDP but wanted to start one in case things have changed since covid, hurricanes, etc.

What say ye?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
If you find a boat rental company that rents boats without a Captain, please post it.

rivergames

Reaction score
-1/2 day on Panga to fish. (unless you really like fishing, then I'd do a full day)

-Boat ride (or rent jet skis) out to arch

-Taxi over to where the rodeo used to be and horse back ride down the the beach and back

-The Giggling Marlin for Drinks

-Get Breakfast at The Office

-Spend an afternoon at The Mango Deck and watch all the games they play on the sand

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Chileno bay is the snorkel beach about 7-8miles out of town I usually rent a car. Water isn’t tropical that time of year low 70s I like to panga fish out San Jose with Gordo banks fishing.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Pices- full day fishing charter
Mariscos mazatlan- pescado sarandiado
Boat rentals- you are illegal in mexico cant rent your own boat for the day 😝
Fish tacos - los claros
Breakfast brunch- Mamas Royal Cafe
Dinner- El Peregrino
Beach club- Hotel Corazon beach club. They dont charge for cabanas, get the sushi hangout on the beach all day margaritas are the best, sushi is fresh.
Food- stick to seafood cant go wrong everything is fresh. Cabo is not really the place for traditional mexican dishes.

Christmas best weather, whale mating season they’re everywhere, water is warm your gonna love it.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
A bottle of tequila, a few limes, all the Cerveza you can carry in an ice chest, and a pair of lounge chairs sound like a must-do.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
We were there last year a week before Christmas. Stayed at hotel right next to marina. They had a cool boat parade one of the nights with a bunch of boats decked out in Christmas lights. Weather was gorgeous. Did an evening booze cruise and saw whales and sunset.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I haven’t been there since the 80’s. At least the Giggling Marlin is still there we did the obligatory upside down photos. I doubt some other place called “The Trailer Park” is still there. I recall it was like BBQ or something.

My brother has been down since, it’s completely modern and upscale now apparently. (Or at least compared to the 80’s).

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Bar - Monkey Business, Cabo Wabo for cover bands at night, The Saloon and pay for the fire show downstairs
Restaurant - Misiones De Kino, Las Guacamayas, Taco Loco across from Giggling Marlin
Snorkeling trip - They go past the arc, snorkeling in Chileno Bay is whatever, but all you can drink and lunch, music and dancing on the way back to the marina
Fishing - half day seems solid unless you're going way out, we just usually just catch some dodos and take it straight to a restaurant
Beach bars - Mango deck and the Office but the people selling shit become a pain in the ass real quick

We went in early December a few years ago and they are all decked out for Christmas. The marina area is all decorated. The Squid Roe staff is wearing Squid Roe Santa hats (I had to buy one).

raysmuffler

Reaction score
Rosa Negra restaurant was the best food and entertainment I have been to in some time. Just there couple weeks ago. The food was oustanding but the party atmosphere and table side fireworks display was over the top. Definately worth the $25 cab ride to get there, you won't be disapointed.
RosaNegra show.jpg

dribble

Reaction score
For high end dining do Edith’s but make your reservations before you leave. X 3 on
Salvatores. Do the breakfast buffet at Mango Deck.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Ediths for a real top end dining experience.

Mi Casa for awesome Mexican food, I usually go a few times as everything on their menu is epic.

Trailer park was still there last time I was there, but named something else.

The Office is a fun place to hang out for a day.

Cabo Wabo for the shows, Giggling Marlin because upside down shots yo!

Salvitore G is decent italian if you get the craving for it, personally I thought it was meh, but my other family stroked out about it lol...

The Rissalena runs a great day drinking tour (4hrs) to Angel Bay to snorkel, super fun! I go every year I go down.

Bails

Reaction score
it's been 15 years or so since I've been there. The two top things for me was the fishing and the ATV tour.

WAAZ

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and find this spot. Great place to pre/post func. Sometimes we pre-func there and end up staying all night.

62C6661B-C891-4F7C-8828-66F7E620060E.png

bigdawgmini

Reaction score
Chileno bay is the snorkel beach about 7-8miles out of town I usually rent a car. Water isn’t tropical that time of year low 70s I like to panga fish out San Jose with Gordo banks fishing.
Eric does a great job!!