WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cactus Marine & RV - Lake Havasu - Reviews?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I always thought they were ahead of their time when I was a kid..
I never gave them the time of day until after I had my toon. I think they're bad ass now. Someone on fb once compared hurricanes as being the suburbans of the water wheras toons are just e450 tanks lol

I had my eye on this one before it sold. Only downside was that it was an i/o and not an o/b like I'd like to have.
IMG_20190712_204405.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just when I thought this thread was starting to cool off, ol’ River Dave comes in and stirs the pot. LOL

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Cactus was ordering all the twins in advance and the Rep Dan is buddies with Preston so he was getting special treatment lol. Lots of games played at forest Gump marine.
Forest Gump marine has hardly any orders in now and barely run the factory for 4 days a week they have issues there. And then they send out the email on Twins going up another 20k lmfao that's God damn crazy.
Im ordering up a Sylvan Twin which is all new coming out soon. F Forest Gump Marine. Good luck with them Overpriced Twins now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure what Forest Gump
marine is?[/QUOTE]
Forest River Marine. Yes, the same Forest River that does the RV's. I think that's the first time I've ever known ol' RD to not know something about boats.:D

Andy B.

Reaction score
Like I said bikinis and toons someone on here I know has a pic of a woman on a toon scantily clad post it up !:D

warlock250

Reaction score
[QUOTE="warlock250, post: 3370689, member: 14468]Nobody else in that town sells what they sell. Jr's and Horizon sell a 1/2 of what they got a year lol. Lots of work doing it from where I sit.

That might be true, but Preston has sold more twin engine Toons than anyone in the country.

So volume wise on hin’s You might be right.. but dollars wise those twin rigs are what a 1/4 million bucks? When they announced their production allotment for the west coast Preston said “I’ll take all of them.”

I wouldn’t go making it sound like he or JR are small time programs.[/QUOTE]Forest Gump Marine only makes like 25 twins a year so I don't believe Preston got all of them lol. Horizon does not order many boats at all. They might need to step up and get some skin in the game. Making 5% on a Twin isn't worth shit. What kinda business is that. Seriously 5%. That doesn't pencil out at all.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Well as they say opinions are like assholes everyone has one and yours is of no concern to me.

Doesn’t appear so. Sorry you feel you got cheated with your lack of negotiation skills. ;)

Andy B.

Reaction score
Just got done with dinner Mead was awesome today!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That might be true, but Preston has sold more twin engine Toons than anyone in the country.

So volume wise on hin’s You might be right.. but dollars wise those twin rigs are what a 1/4 million bucks? When they announced their production allotment for the west coast Preston said “I’ll take all of them.”

I wouldn’t go making it sound like he or JR are small time programs.
Forest Gump Marine only makes like 25 twins a year so I don't believe Preston got all of them lol. Horizon does not order many boats at all. They might need to step up and get some skin in the game. Making 5% on a Twin isn't worth shit. What kinda business is that. Seriously 5%. That doesn't pencil out at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what he marks them up or doesn’t? I’m not a dealer. I just happen to be talking to Jim from JR and he told me Preston purchased all the twin rigs..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That's literally what I want. Have you ever owned or driven a hurricane, Steve?

If not, can you buy one and let me know your honest review on one please? Lol

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
lol,... after what has happened.....ahhhhh, no...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This is the weirdest thread I think I have ever read on rdp..

You have warlock250 aka Todd who is one of the owners of Cactus, saying in this thread he doesn’t work for Cactus.. (That doesn’t even make sense?)

Steve has posted all over this site that he bought that boat for 59.9 (I have read it multiple times, because I thought that was a smoking deal for a toon with a 250).

Then coming back saying he didn’t say that.. it’s 45+ a trade in..

Then reverting back to the 59.9.

Lavey29 digging in on that fact and almost taking it personally, which is bizarre because why would he care what Steve paid..

Steve putting up boats and talking about putting them together to make a 17’ wide deal.. lol

It’s all over the god damn place.

You guys need to relax.
thanks for getting my back dave….the boat is advertised for 59.995... what part is so fuc'n hard to understand???????????????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's my findings....I have never seen , or heard of dealers posting new stuff for sale that inclides tax and fee's... put if and when they do, it's right in the add...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Glad you were able to clarify your posting errors. Pretty obvious you paid well over 59k for the godfrey. Why you repeatedly post 59k is very misleading when you factor in prep, tax , trailer and any other options. Saying you dont know exactly what you paid is complete bullshit also. Every boat sale has a final contract with final numbers and your signature on it so you know exactly how much you were given for a trade in and what you paid in difference. Some of us were born in the dark but not last night. For those of us that shopped around we know exactly what the local havasu dealers were asking for their products.
pretty obvious you can't prove what you just post,..and also, pretty obvious you just have an axe to grind with cactus...my paper work says 59,995.00...including trailer ..

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Back to reviews,

had my boat serviced this week and everything went smoothly. All work done and completed when promised. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so is it safe to post here now.... this section was really getting traction...then the shit storm....

any waay update....still very happy with Cactus,..and Scott and crew have been awesome

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade.
If warlock wants to be nice i might be giving him some money:)
His call

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade.
His call
I might be having a toon sale...coach...and a godfrey...both triple axle, one runs 45 and the other about 52-55 mph

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade.
His call
also, I could take yours trade in and if I don't like it just sell it...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
First time I was at cactus he wanted me to buy the evinrude.
I said no
You seem to like it
How's the oil consumption?
I went from Windsor to the avi and back on 17 gals fuel...probley 1/2gal of oil??? no idea really....when brand new they are supposed to use more oil????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
First time I was at cactus he wanted me to buy the evinrude.
I said no
You seem to like it
How's the oil consumption?
IMHO, the Evinrude is way better than the honda….the Evinrude is 500hrs to the first service...

what toon do you have???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
oh, and I have titles for both toons and trailers in hand...

satellitemike

Reaction score
So where is the bidding going to begin on the toons?
Even thou I don't need it Ill start the bidding at 40k for the Godfey
Lets get these sold as Steve has had them way too long for his MO.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
godfrey
I also have title in hand
Did you get my pm?
LOL.... yes, and I did write a reply,...so I went back and found.....I never hit the submit ...so it was just setting there...but same as my reply to your PM, why not just put a bigger motor on your toon???? it would be easy ….put a merc 300 on it and call it a day...what does your wife say....I could take her out on my toon for a couple weekends...….you know... to see how she likes it...:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as you probley read on RDP, I paid over 100k, plus trailer, tax, set up, and delivery....LOL....:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also, I just bought the triple axel trailer, got it last Friday...

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Went to see Scott per warlock.
He was out of town but Manny(very helpful) worked with us and took pics of our toon for possible trade or consign
Sat in the famous 2ff Coach toon. Looked nice but too big for our needs
Also saw the new Yamaha 425. It's GINORMOUS!

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Went to see Scott per warlock.
He was out of town but Manny(very helpful) worked with us and took pics of our toon for possible trade or consign
Sat in the famous 2ff Coach toon. Looked nice but too big for our needs
Also saw the new Yamaha 425. It's GINORMOUS!
Yeah, That coach was huge...didn't seem that big at all with the windshields..

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
pretty obvious you can't prove what you just post,..and also, pretty obvious you just have an axe to grind with cactus...my paper work says 59,995.00...including trailer ..

Hey 2FF, I see you have your toons for sale. Interesting price points also which I saw posted with your add:

How much are they?

excellent question...here's where i'm at on the blue godfey, I'm at right about 70k all in otd with the triple axel trailer..so I would say that I would at least need to get 55k, that would have me loosing 15k...but, if I trade it in for 55k, I would get about 5 k in tax credit...

How much are they?

on the coach, also triple axel trailer.... i'm in it about 90k...so same 15k discount 75k...

I thought I would try and help you out so I called Cactus RV for you to see if they would take them in trade but no one answered the phone. I emailed your buddy Warlock for you but got an auto reply that said "out of town". I drove by the shop but the lights were out and the door was locked. Strange, I was really trying to help you out. Hey do those toons come with the full Cactus Gold Star Lifetime Service Warranty also? Asking for a friend. Good luck with the sale you dumb mo fo.

Last edited:

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?????CAN YOU FUCKING GO AWAY ….PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem stressed everything ok? Why dont you just go relax with your Cactus buddy Scott and have a beer. Hey do you have the title for those toons in hand? Again asking for a friend.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Steve this guy is a clown. We all know it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not yet. Might as well wait for 2020 models now.
Our friends just bought a toon from Preston and we talked to him a couple times. He keeps asking about us so wife and I just need to get together and go back there
I like preston,.. all the deals I've done with him were painless...he'll write you a check for your toon and your done...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey 2FF, I see you have your toons for sale. Interesting price points also which I saw posted with your add:

How much are they?

excellent question...here's where i'm at on the blue godfey, I'm at right about 70k all in otd with the triple axel trailer..so I would say that I would at least need to get 55k, that would have me loosing 15k...but, if I trade it in for 55k, I would get about 5 k in tax credit...

How much are they?

on the coach, also triple axel trailer.... i'm in it about 90k...so same 15k discount 75k...

I thought I would try and help you out so I called Cactus RV for you to see if they would take them in trade but no one answered the phone. I emailed your buddy Warlock for you but got an auto reply that said "out of town". I drove by the shop but the lights were out and the door was locked. Strange, I was really trying to help you out. Hey do those toons come with the full Cactus Gold Star Lifetime Service Warranty also? Asking for a friend. Good luck with the sale you dumb mo fo.

WTF??

WildWilly

Reaction score
In recent weeks a couple local dealers had boats on display with big signs "Bank Repo" that I assumed came from there lol