WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CAL CITY CLOSED

Mikes56

Reaction score
A few of us were going to take the CanAms to Cal City for the weekend. I just called their Command Post. The officer said the riding area is closed by order if the Governor.

This is really pissing me off!

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
A few of us were going to take the CanAms to Cal City for the weekend. I just called their Command Post. The officer said the riding area is closed by order if the Governor.

This is really pissing me off!
Sooner or later the masses will realize this is a Manufactured crisis. Then the realization that manipulation and control were the primary objective.
This will all be realized as people's routines and lifestyles are altered or taken away.
don't stop going to the desert... go to a different part and ride you bikes Buggies sxs what ever it is.... go camping, be with your crew.

STOP WATCHING the news and look outside.... the sky is NOT falling !! How many people do you know that have this Covid -19. please compare that to how many people you know that DONT have it....

let that be your compass to reality vs the manufactured propaganda and nonsense that is spewed on the airways 24/7.

Cheers...flame away..

Report Edit Delete

RVRKID

Reaction score
Wonder how long until Jawbone, Rasor Rd and Hodge Rd follow suit?

Meaney77

Reaction score
I was told by a few friends that Spangler is still open....not totally sure how they arent part of the closures but I am sure its a matter of time.

And totally agree about the social distancing thing what a better place to put some distance between people than out in the middle of no where.

just_floatin

Reaction score
EBDA1A7D-65E1-4566-90DD-5F1D9590B04E.jpeg

Your ad here

Reaction score
Sooner or later the masses will realize this is a Manufactured crisis. Then the realization that manipulation and control were the primary objective.
This will all be realized as people's routines and lifestyles are altered or taken away.
don't stop going to the desert... go to a different part and ride you bikes Buggies sxs what ever it is.... go camping, be with your crew.

STOP WATCHING the news and look outside.... the sky is NOT falling !! How many people do you know that have this Covid -19. please compare that to how many people you know that DONT have it....

let that be your compass to reality vs the manufactured propaganda and nonsense that is spewed on the airways 24/7.

Cheers...flame away..

Report Edit Delete
An annual flu that has been blow out of proportion and the government is taking advantage of the situation. Right now Americans are a frog in a pot of water that's slowly having the heat turned up... we will be cooked to death and not even realize it. What we needed was to be put in a boiling pot of water. We would've jumped out and figured a solution real quick... not saying wait for it to get real bad but have the water boiling from the beginning.

gqchris

Reaction score
Wonder how long until Jawbone, Rasor Rd and Hodge Rd follow suit?

I dont go places that are heavily patrolled such as Cal City, Glamis and Ocotillo. It seems these places are more than primitive and thats what they are closing. In my eyes, they cant close a whole fucking desert. Just find somewhere distant and enjoy.

This is beyond fucking stupid and I cant believe we are even at this point with closures. WTF is happening here.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Cheers...flame away..

Report Edit Delete
To a big degree I agree with you.
I don’t see a problem with surfers surfing or a fisherman fishing, or a dirt biker ripping it up.
My wife is in healthcare, the amount of positives is growing daily.
It’s getting scary down there. Not from msn, from her perspective of 25 years doing it.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I've been saying from the beginning - the more people who get this (and not die) the better. Look at the numbers globally, statistically insignificant number of deaths. If your card gets pulled, too bad for you (or me as I am high risk) but shutting the world down makes no sense whatsoever. The blowback when this is over is going to be huge.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
To a big degree I agree with you.
I don’t see a problem with surfers surfing or a fisherman fishing, or a dirt biker ripping it up.
My wife is in healthcare, the amount of positives is growing daily.
It’s getting scary down there. Not from msn, from her perspective of 25 years doing it.

A big Shout out to Mrs. Gelcoater !!! thank you

People are going to Die from this....

What Im getting at is when whole neighborhoods are dying off because of a virus, Its time to panic. Were not there yet.. I don't think were gonna get there . Sitting in your house glued to the TV is exactly where the GOV want you. Preferably tuned into some pre recoreded naritive. You can see that across the syndicated channels... they say the SAME thing verbatim. My thoughts and prayers go out to all impacted from this virus. Not only are people losing loved ones , their losing their way of life and may not realize it.

People , we don't need the GOV to take care of us.... Really , you all have managed to get this far in life.... think about it...

J&k beer can

Reaction score
I've been saying from the beginning - the more people who get this (and not die) the better. Look at the numbers globally, statistically insignificant number of deaths. If your card gets pulled, too bad for you (or me as I am high risk) but shutting the world down makes no sense whatsoever. The blowback when this is over is going to be huge.

i agree with this..

but will add..
its going to make it hard for folks to get out from this economic down fall they are making it.. that's way worse then this virus..
the ban needs to be lifted so things can back to normal sooner then later..

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Cheers...flame away..

Report Edit Delete
So

my gf who is a RN in a covid19 unit is just crazy. Hmmm

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
So

my gf who is a RN in a covid19 unit is just crazy. Hmmm

All women are crazy bro... but that s another thread....

I don't see in any of my post's the word crazy, so don't manipulate or add the words to evoke a reaction... your statement above is as bad as the Media blowing things out of proportion.

People will die.... Ive said and believe that. There will be HOT spots in denser populated areas. that's just the laws of nature. This is not pretty and as I said for Gelcoater... I will say for you " A shout out to your GF for going in every day.... " God bless them all!!! crazy or not ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I’m stuck on our sites , mine is closed but others are open I’m moving to a open site but if I was home and not healing up with my neck I would be out in my can am I’m dieing to go back to the dunes and zoom around .

Reactions: DWC

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
The Cal City MX Track got shutdown. The weasel promoter that runs the road to mammoth called code enforcement on them, as well as calling code enforcement on the Perris MX track.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
i agree with this..

but will add..
its going to make it hard for folks to get out from this economic down fall they are making it.. that's way worse then this virus..
the ban needs to be lifted so things can back to normal sooner then later..

Honestly, I'm surprised that the members here aren't talking more about this - the impact of lost jobs, reduced work, slashed wages - all the economic results of shutting the USA down for weeks

World Wars didn't do this. Past events never did this. Nothing has shut the USA (or world) down completely like the world's political leaders have.

450grip

Reaction score
The Cal City MX Track got shutdown. The weasel promoter that runs the road to mammoth called code enforcement on them, as well as calling code enforcement on the Perris MX track.
Myron fawked himself.
2X promotions been put on blast.

450grip

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm surprised that the members here aren't talking more about this - the impact of lost jobs, reduced work, slashed wages - all the economic results of shutting the USA down for weeks

World Wars didn't do this. Past events never did this. Nothing has shut the USA (or world) down completely like the world's political leaders have.
The already dwindling middle class(before this virus silliness) is now circling the drain. This is going to be a very interesting summer.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Blame it on the other mouth breathers. If people would just go out in small groups and stay away from each other it wouldn't be a problem. But they can't. And that's why we don't have nice things.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Why is is so essential to go to designated areas to ride?
Sorry but I don't get it.
I have never rode in the areas you all ride in I'm used to riding at Blackrock Desert, Sulphur, Vernon to Lovelock in northern Nevada.
we just drive to Lovelock or Gerlach and 4WD to where ever we want to go riding off of a turn out on a dirt trail and ride in the open desert no trials, ya know cross county ride. it will give ya a little challenge.

Last edited:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
If we really lived in a "free society", residents would have been provided all of the facts of this disease and then allowed to make their own decision on how to respond to it. Clearly American's don't have real freedom anymore.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
The already dwindling middle class(before this virus silliness) is now circling the drain. This is going to be a very interesting summer.

Or uninteresting depending how hard individuals are impacted...

gqchris

Reaction score
Why is is so essential to go to designated areas to ride?
Sorry but I don't get it.
I have never rode in the areas you all ride in I'm used to riding at Blackrock Desert, Sulphur, Vernon to Lovelock in northern Nevada.
we just drive to Lovelock or Gerlach and 4WD to where ever we want to go riding off of a turn out on a dirt trail and ride in the open desert no trials, ya know cross county ride. it will give ya a little challenge.

The same reason people go back and forth to the Channel and Pirates and no where else. They like to be with all the other sheep!

Ill never get it. But I guess im in the anti social social club. lol

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
The same reason people go back and forth to the Channel and Pirates and no where else. They like to be with all the other sheep!

Ill never get it. But I guess im in the anti social social club. lol
This post was about popular areas to ride, but now they are closed due to the corona flu, so why cry about it? just find other places to go out in the open. they are out there just like Nevada deserts. ya don't have to be a loner, just tell the sheep to meet out in the open Desert somewhere. Enjoy life ,think out side the box. LOL

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I camped in Cal City last weekend Didnt see a ranger the whole time I was out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
I camped in Cal City last weekend Didnt see a ranger the whole time I was out there

My same buddy who was there last week when BLM closed it down said the only changes out there was that the ranger station, bathrooms, and track was closed but their was still people out riding.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I think we're still going. Anyone know if it's posted "closed" or barricades put up?

Singleton

Reaction score
I think we're still going. Anyone know if it's posted "closed" or barricades put up?

have not verified, but saw this while drinking coffee

Attachments

• 35EC0D20-A738-4F30-B31A-7B6C258D3ADE.png
    35EC0D20-A738-4F30-B31A-7B6C258D3ADE.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 135

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I was camped off 20 mule team about 5 miles west of 395 There wasnt any barriers or signs where I was at

76sanger

Reaction score
Wait until they, " the governors" start shutting down gas stations in the name of limiting travel. Always a possibility! I sure hope not.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Wait until they, " the governors" start shutting down gas stations in the name of limiting travel. Always a possibility! I sure hope not.

One step closer to THUNDERDOME...HAHAAhaaaa 2 Go in 1 come out.....

Groper

Reaction score

Spent four days in Mother G last weekend and the same NO Rangers, nada a one, weird !!

Mikes56

Reaction score
We're trying to find somewhere to go that won't piss anyone off or is illegal.
I just read the BLM website and the wording they are using is "improved campsites" are closed. Sounds like the open desert is okay to camp on. Of course the BLM Field Office phone number is constantly busy. Probably off the hook.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
The majority of Cal City near the actual city is private property. Is it just the BLM land closed or "all" of Cal City that is closed off?

I actually own 10 acres out there (not a wise investment as of now)

1586459590915.png

Groper

Reaction score
I just read the BLM website and the wording they are using is "improved campsites" are closed. Sounds like the open desert is okay to camp on. Of course the BLM Field Office phone number is constantly busy. Probably off the hook.
"Improved Campsite" Graded, Concrete Slabs and Posted designated camping areas, the rest of the desert is wide open and with all this rain it should be awesome ;)

yz450mm

Reaction score
Johnson Valley after all this rain will be epic. It's supposed to stop raining up here tomorrow, and 68 and sunny for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Unless they closed 20 mule team heading out of the city, i'd venture to say that the open desert areas out there are still open. There is that station at Borax Bill, so may be they could see you coming in there and stop you on the road. We usually go off Rutgers and 20 mule about 3-5 miles in

Ol Man

Reaction score
So, this is the map of Cal City city limits. I would think that is the only area they can enforce.