WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cal coast RV parks...

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
What are the best ones pismo and above? Looking to do a week stay this winter. Or any bitchen lakes. Need full hooks and room for 40' trailers/mo ho's. Looking for ideas.

thanks!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Bump. I'd like to hear about some as well.

Singleton

Reaction score
What are the best ones pismo and above? Looking to do a week stay this winter. Or any bitchen lakes. Need full hooks and room for 40' trailers/mo ho's. Looking for ideas.

thanks!

40' will be the issue. Most Ca state parks are 34' or less. So remove and stickers / model numbers that might indicate length. Also tag axle RV's will not get into state parks with the size limit restriction.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You should make it into Pelican Point. Its right near the golf course

Also look at the RV park near Seacliff state beach in Aptos CA (near Santa Cruz)

40 is a tad big for Pillar Point in HMB but I have seen them go in there. Its also crowded usually.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
40' will be the issue. Most Ca state parks are 34' or less. So remove and stickers / model numbers that might indicate length. Also tag axle RV's will not get into state parks with the size limit restriction.
Most state parks have green lines painted at the kiosk when you pull in [emoji6] they don't look for stickers anymore.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Morro Bay has a few cool parks that I think take larger rigs, I tried a few between Monterey and Pismo and most have a 26ft max. Pismo Coast in amazing, make a reso now, if it's full try Oceano, a little out of the way but a decent park.

Flying Flags RV is not on the coast but a great park.

sirbob

Reaction score
Can you still park overnight in a Walmart parking lots ? I know they to allow that - at least you can fit a 40 [emoji12]

AFUEL7067

Reaction score
Called Pelican.. they said 36 max.

We are trying to figure out where as of now.. be cool to be close enough to do a day trip into San Fran, but kick back in a beach town and get drunk daily.

San Francisco RV Park takes Big Rigs front row is ocean view took my 45 foot there many times .

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Morro bay state park is really cool park, full hook ups and it's off season for them so not super busy. Not sure about length exactly. I have seen some larger MoHo's in there and their spots are all pull through.

My problem with Pismo coast village is that the spots are pretty narrow and the sites are only about 20' wide so everybody is really stacked in there if you have pop outs with that 40'er you guys are gonna be crammed in there tight!

There is also a Pismo state campground like 300' south of there that looks nice but I have never been in it and have no idea about any info on it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Then there is San Francisco RV park in Pacifica as mentioned. Plenty of room for big rigs

Not that I would consider it a vacation spot nor beach town but it is big and has a view. There are some beaches to the south. Plus its close to city:thumbup: (bars, food, entertainment)

I know you can get 40 ft in Pillar Point but its always crowded there

HMB to Frisco is a short drive just not during commute hours. :p. Actually the farther north you go the less traffic. HMB actually has traffic. Pacifica has less traffic

When I think beach town I think HMB and Santa Cruz/Aptos. Santa Cruz is kinda far from SF though

work2ski

Reaction score
Morro Bay has 2 state parks, Morro Strand sucks (IMO). The "State Park" is awesome! Hidden behind large trees that block the wind, walking distance to the bay, short bike ride to town. Large, wide open park. I don't think there will be a size issue.

North of SF along the coast. check MacKerricher

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yep. That's a Glamis sized RV.

Winchester Bay in Oregon might accommodate you, but I'm not sure how much fun that will be in the winter.