WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Dems Want the Name, Address of Everyone Who Signs a Recall Petition

RodnJen

Reaction score
Maybe it is because the State recognizes their need for social services and just wants to help.;)

KevinR

Reaction score
“ But there’s nothing for signers to fear. “ 🤣🤣🤣

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
well, the law IS the law...
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

It is a persistent thing in California...here is the historical record.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Can you point out WHERE it allows the general public, or contestants access to this info?

As a so called liberal, you should be aghast at the potential privacy implications and the lack of freedom and liberty by the chilling affect of releasing this data.

Clearly, you are a leftist, which is not liberal.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
we don’t need an ID to vote
I am unaware of this. I always seem to need to show an ID.
And, yes, looks like it is somewhat difficult to recall an elected politician...a 110% threshold of required, and a sampled representation to validate the signature set mean there are technical hurdles as well. This is kind of a trap for petitions that garner false or erroneous signatures, in case some fool falsifies the address/ID info and it becomes part of the sample.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I am unaware of this. I always seem to need to show an ID.
And, yes, looks like it is somewhat difficult to recall an elected politician...a 110% threshold of required, and a sampled representation to validate the signature set mean there are technical hurdles as well. This is kind of a trap for petitions that garner false or erroneous signatures, in case some fool falsifies the address/ID info and it becomes part of the sample.
Speaking of traps, lol.
You just stepped into one and these guys are about to rip you apart😂

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Speaking of traps, lol.
You just stepped into one and these guys are about to rip you apart😂
I thought I felt something coming on. Maybe just an old psychedelic molecule still circulating and hitting a synapse...IDK.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
you are a leftist
how so? I posted factual information then restated it's evidence. if I am assessed as left merely by not being right, that is evidence of something outside my attributes.

Can you point out WHERE it allows the general public, or contestants access to this info?

As a so called liberal, you should be aghast at the potential privacy implications and the lack of freedom and liberty by the chilling affect of releasing this data.
Ok. There seems to be confounding logic in your proposition. On one hand, you seem to advocate to allow the general public access to this info, then on the other you infer ghastly consequence for doing so. Do I read you proposition correctly?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yow! That is an absolute.
With every bit of meekness I can muster I would like to collect your thoughts: Will you explain? By many measures, there are strengths that far outweigh the weaknesses.

You were not around the last 4 years for Rod’s “Failed&Ineffective” Trump shtick.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
how so? I posted factual information then restated it's evidence. if I am assessed as left merely by not being right, that is evidence of something outside my attributes.

Ok. There seems to be confounding logic in your proposition. On one hand, you seem to advocate to allow the general public access to this info, then on the other you infer ghastly consequence for doing so. Do I read you proposition correctly?
How do I advocate for the general public to have access to this info?

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
these words, juxtaposed, transmit a message inferring / interpreting a state of emotion. but I find that they are confused, conflicting, as I stated above

Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Yow! That is an absolute.
With every bit of meekness I can muster I would like to collect your thoughts: Will you explain? By many measures, there are strengths that far outweigh the weaknesses.

Despite California’s $54 billion budget deficit and $1 trillion unfunded pension liability, there are 340,390 government employees bringing home six-figure salary and pension checks.

Recently, though, Gov. Gavin Newsom asked U.S. taxpayers for a bailout.

The governor wrote a letter to Congress requesting $1 trillion in coronavirus 50-state aid. Then, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi obliged by adding $500 billion for the states into the HEROES Act – the bill passed and now awaits action in the Senate.

Nothing quite like having to beg for money when you're "solvent" eh Chris?!!!! 😂

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Nothing quite like having to beg for money when you're "solvent" eh Chris?!!!! 😂
Thank you for replying. those are a few data points to consider. I am honestly grateful to have diverse input - even what may be considered negating perspectives. It is a key part of managing risk.

AS far as public employees, that is kind of touchy...which ones can we favor or disfavor without becoming painted as politically motivated?

FWIW, it was humorous and I was entertained to witness our local elections for the community college's advisory board...made up dozens of posts by citizens and candidates in the local paper for ...like three appointments, until I examined what kind of budget they would be able to influence. I went to transparentcalifornia.com and openthebooks.com and totted up the recorded wages for all those on the payroll there and it was way above what you'd expect...$3k for every student enrolled...and that's just the ones that are gov't employees. No accounting for contractors and others who are not gov't employees.

It's just one form of jobs for america...

but, as I said before, you can make similar cases for firefighters, state health dept employees, sanitation workers, LADWP, police...anyone who gets a check with an eagle on it, and merely by making the case you become painted as having some political motive.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Despite California’s $54 billion budget deficit and $1 trillion unfunded pension liability, there are 340,390 government employees bringing home six-figure salary and pension checks.

Recently, though, Gov. Gavin Newsom asked U.S. taxpayers for a bailout.

The governor wrote a letter to Congress requesting $1 trillion in coronavirus 50-state aid. Then, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi obliged by adding $500 billion for the states into the HEROES Act – the bill passed and now awaits action in the Senate.

There’ll be no begging.
With the Pedo in the WH it’s a done deal...though there may be some high fiving as they all upgrade their castles with our money.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Embarrassment-in-Chief
I must say, each election cycle has become a choice among which is the least harmful.
will we ever again (or...did we ever have...) have honestly good politicians?
Maybe not...I feel like the political machines themselves can turn an honest man, or can portray him in a way that is complimentary ('our guy") or detrimental ('their guy').

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I must say, each election cycle has become a choice among which is the least harmful.
Maybe not...I feel like the political machines themselves can turn an honest man, or can portray him in a way that is complimentary ('our guy") or detrimental ('their guy').

Which is why the Donald upset the machine.
When BOTH sides went after him I knew I’d picked the right guy.

The entire 2 party premise is a built in divide for the voters...not necessarily for the politicians...at least nowadays.

ramos45

Reaction score

That might be one of the reasons many like #45, he is not a politician.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes, but I didn’t bash my country. I just didn’t approve of the Embarrassment-in-Chief.

I'm not bashing the state, I am just following the numbers and drawing a conclusion from them. As a state our infrastructure is in decline, our education system is in decline and how we deal with the homeless is a catastrophe.

I didn't even mention the crime increases yet.

That quality of life decline in the state, sure sounds like failure and ineffectiveness.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Which is why the Donald upset the machine.
When BOTH sides went after him I knew I’d picked the right guy.

The entire 2 party premise is a built in divide for the voters...not necessarily for the politicians...at least nowadays.
and
That might be one of the reasons many like #45, he is not a politician.
yes. but the division was not resolved by the mere election of an outsider. that is not his fault...we are all built with discriminating tastes... it is part of human nature to discriminate and try to make our own situations better, then to widen that state of improvement as wide as possible according to our taste preferences.
some found savor, others, disgust. that's on us, though, not him.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
and

yes. but the division was not resolved by the mere election of an outsider. that is not his fault...we are all built with discriminating tastes... it is part of human nature to discriminate and try to make our own situations better, then to widen that state of improvement as wide as possible according to our taste preferences.
some found savor, others, disgust. that's on us, though, not him.

I don’t think the flood of illegals is an improvement.
I don’t think that 4 layers of razor wire around our Capital is an improvement.
I don’t think endless trillions of taxpayer money funneled to the States that most effectively strangled themselves in a politicized pandemic is an improvement.
I don’t think glorifying the industry of victim hood is an improvement.
I don't think corporate sponsorship (in droves) of active racial division terrorist groups like BLM is an improvement.
I certainly don’t think turning citizens into subjects through disarmament is an improvement.
In fact this very small list is indicative of the very reasons this Nation came to be.
This isn’t political divide, it’s the beginning of the end of our Republic.
This isn’t just one party “winning” an election and the other party being sore losers, it’s the literal theft of our Nation.
As I stated before. I’ve been on the losing side before, no big deal.
Thjs is different.
Look around.

4Waters

Reaction score
I signed the recall gavin petition and I had to put my address, that is how they audit the petition, they compare the name and address to the voters records.

Nokomis

Nobody
Reaction score
When the dems tried recalling Gov. Walker in Wisconsin 10yrs ago, most signers didn't realize they had filled out a public document. Republicans put a grassroots/volunteer process together to scan every single page of recall names/addresses/signatures and put them in a searchable database. http://iverifytherecall.com/

In conservative communities, the website that hosts the searchable database is used to weed out liberal canidates from every state, county or municipal election for the last 10 years.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
When the dems tried recalling Gov. Walker in Wisconsin 10yrs ago, most signers didn't realize they had filled out a public document. Republicans put a grassroots/volunteer process together to scan every single page of recall names/addresses/signatures and put them in a searchable database. http://iverifytherecall.com/

In conservative communities, the website that hosts the searchable database is used to weed out liberal canidates from every state, county or municipal election for the last 10 years.
that approach demonstrates a high level of commitment to the cause. very systematic and intelligent. 👏
will everyone feel the same as me....? I appreciate it for its ingenuity, but i truly doubt that my objectivity is universal.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Me three!
Wait...you guys don't live here? hmmm.

I guess it's still valid criticism, so worth considering...wonder if you'd come back if things changed to your liking? ...but since you've left it is probably difficult to come back, even if things did change. Most often, people find it unaffordable once they adjust to less expensive locales. Thanks for the replies.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

I guess it's still valid criticism, so worth considering...wonder if you'd come back if things changed to your liking? ...but since you've left it is probably difficult to come back, even if things did change. Most often, people find it unaffordable once they adjust to less expensive locales. Thanks for the replies.
there is really nothing there to give a reason to come back. Every time I go the visit my other family I can't wait to get back home.

500bbc

Reaction score
Yes, but I didn’t bash my country. I just didn’t approve of the Embarrassment-in-Chief.
So that was different than bashing our failed and ineffective state government?

Why are all liberals such Fucking Imbeciles?

RCDave

Reaction score

I lived in California for 55 years....So I have a good basis for criticism and how democrats ruined this state.

You really believe the rampant homelessness, santuary city status, drugs, crime, gang violence, lack of rule of law, economics, and democrat supermajority are going to change or improve? Maybe your house in located in Fantasyland in the Disney campus! LOL

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
are going to change or improve
and
nothing there to give a reason to come back
Again, I am appreciative of your inputs. I want nothing less than for us to interact and to enjoy meaningful discourse. If you find no reason to return, I understand...the place is not for everyone. I will not defend it against your valid concerns. I merely want to get to know the full measure of the feelings and the truth of perceptions and facts around the problems you are identifying. Please - again - accept my true gratitude for your candor. I have a different perspective, but you are right that I am not living among the feces and the squalor. Some are, and I very much agree...that and all the concerns you mention need to be fixed or resolved as unmendable. (mjc has already reached that conclusion)

Last edited: