WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Drivers Ranked The Worst in the United States in Annual Study (Barf Alert)

hallett21

Reaction score
Well we have the most drivers so it only makes sense that the "incident" numbers would be the highest. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
14,463,570 in Taxifornia 2015 ----2,374,223 in Ma ------2,918,603 in Jersey
both of those dont even add up to half the jerk offs driving in cali

The company sampled data on accidents, fatalities, DUIs, speeding tickets and citations, collecting more than 2 million data points from drivers.

glad the SD times did a little home work on this
they must be related to the La times
only good for emergency ass wiping and window cleaning

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Wow, I figured Oklafucahoma would be in the top 3! Wait, you said worse drivers, thought you said stupid drivers and those with no insurance.

OR

Buy the buy, did Milky ever get the secret handshake to get into the new RDP?

Taboma

Reaction score
14,463,570 in Taxifornia 2015 ----2,374,223 in Ma ------2,918,603 in Jersey
both of those dont even add up to half the jerk offs driving in cali

The company sampled data on accidents, fatalities, DUIs, speeding tickets and citations, collecting more than 2 million data points from drivers.

glad the SD times did a little home work on this
they must be related to the La times
only good for emergency ass wiping and window cleaning

Funny, I've been in SD for 39 years and only now realized there even was a San Diego Times :rolleyes:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
They are worse.

This place is a shit show.

They can't drive when its wet, they can't drive in the snow and they brake "backward" rushing into gaps and into red lights applying more and more pedal pressure as they come to a stop rather than braking early and easing up.

UD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I vote for Ft Collins Co.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Some tard ran into the back of my daughter's car yesterday.... maybe $1000 in damage. She pulls over, he pulls out around her, hangs a left and flees the scene... :mad:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Some tard ran into the back of my daughter's car yesterday.... maybe $1000 in damage. She pulls over, he pulls out around her, hangs a left and flees the scene... :mad:
A
So Cal is the hit and run capital of the planet !

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I've driven in Cali many times. I don't find the drivers there to be worse than Mass or Jersey. Locally they have some quirks, as was pointed out they have a tendency to short-brake. Overall I think they are in fact more courteous than most. Cali drivers don't have the "five second rule" on red-lights. Meaning they will run the light at five seconds after the change. That is one of the most irritating things you get from the Mass-holes, and the Yellow Hordes (Jersey plates are yellow). They didn't make the light and will hit the gas after the light is already red. So on your green you count 1...2...3...4...5 then look both ways before you proceed into the intersection. I have had three near death crashes in two Massachusetts and one in Jersey, got clobbered in the intersection by someone running the light. One just in front of the drivers door, and two directly in the passenger door. Fortunately for me all three cars were company cars. I don't live in Massachusetts or New Jersey but travel there with some regularity. MA and NJ are about 5 hours from home.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I could of used a air horn 3 times so far today.

hallett21

Reaction score
Ordered my onboard air/train horn gear. Also going to go ahead and get dash cams as well

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dallas is worse than SoCal.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Have you never driven in CA? And SoCal is worse than NorCal by a mile.

Funny you off all people make that statement, at least based on the article. It states that Sacramento has the worst rating in the state and goes on to mention that Red states are safer than Blue states --- Conclusion, Republicans are better drivers :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Funny you off all people make that statement, at least based on the article. It states that Sacramento has the worst rating in the state and goes on to mention that Red states are safer than Blue states --- Conclusion, Republicans are better drivers :D
NorCal is filled with Republicans...unfortunately.

Riley1

Reaction score
SoCal drivers suck!

How does nobody know how a stop sign works? YOU TURN LEFT AFTER THE CAR THAT IS GOING STRAIGHT! And anyone who doesn’t flip off the idiots turning in front of them is just as guilty for spreading this bad driving behavior.
Driving into Rowland Heights to see my grandparents is close to a suicide mission nowadays.
I see the worst, most selfish and dangerous drivers taking their kids to school “I don’t want to wait in line, I’ll stop in the middle of a four lane street and make someone let me in”. Not me, it’s funny how pissed people get when you don’t let them cut in line.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Dallas is worse than SoCal.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Dallas ain't got shit on Austin.....Dallas is bad, but at the end of the day Austin is worst in state.

Years back on my first venture around Dallas, what amazed me most is how they exited and entered fwys "cross country".....It's actually got better since the '80s. Think about that and how you don't think it could get worse.:p

4Waters

Reaction score
NorCal is filled with Republicans...unfortunately.
Nearly half the state is registered jackass (Democrat) 26% are registered the mighty elephant (Republican) so Democrats can't drive.
Screenshot_20171216-222522.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
It’s amazing how bad its gotten when you’re out on the roads. People lack any amount of situational awareness, pacing the gardeners shit box who’s doing 3 mph under the speed limit while on the cell phone updating their FB status.

Disposable cheap cars haven’t helped the situation either. I always see kias & prius & hyundai tuned the ef out while driving.

SoCal drivers use to be pretty good. I think cell phones, the flood of immigrants & east coasters ruined that.

In Az people drive like they are lobotomized. Slow in the fast lane, fast in the slow lane. Gardner’s and delivery trucks putting Along in the fast lane.

Dallas. Similar to AZ & now SoCal. So many out of staters and new squatters, nobody knows where they are going until they swerve into you.

I have a diesel truck and a BMW and drive aggressive. People assume im an asshole anyway so I drive like one. Hahahahaha!

My train horn is the only way to get even.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wait a minute.
Anyone ever drive around the Glendale / La Cresenta / CV area?
Third world drivers.

Taboma

Reaction score
Back in 2003 thru 2008 I commuted from San Diego to Brea several days a week for work in order to manage construction projects. I used to marvel how the I-5 (As one example) despite all lanes overflowing with vehicles, used to flow at 60-70 mph like snake, all parts acting in unison. I realized all it would take is one fool or one bone head move and that fluid motion flow would be disrupted, game over. But morning after morning the river would flow, with only an occasional interruption. This was in stark contrast to San Diego's freeways, where it seems nobody can get on the same page, so it's gun it and slow or gun it and stop, doesn't seem to matter if there's 75% lane vacancy. Some folks are determined to drive 60 and others 85, then come the hills or God forbid, the freeway turns. Everybody stacks up at 55 mph behind a few who don't realize that cars slow climbing a grade, throttle correction required, then everybody stretches out and does 85 down the other side, only to stack up again, rinse and repeat.
Oh well, I'm retired now, life is so much better :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dallas ain't got shit on Austin.....Dallas is bad, but at the end of the day Austin is worst in state.

Years back on my first venture around Dallas, what amazed me most is how they exited and entered fwys "cross country".....It's actually got better since the '80s. Think about that and how you don't think it could get worse.:p

Yeah but Austin traffic literally doesn't move, so that sorta makes it safer LOL

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Yeah but Austin traffic literally doesn't move, so that sorta makes it safer LOL
Austin has grown at rate the hwys haven't been able to keep up with and that has caused the standstills. The 35 corridor south has been a mess for the last 20 years with all the population growth between SA and Austin.

They moved the airport to the south side before they made 71 able to handle the traffic. And that side of town just struggles to keep moving.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Got on the freeway at Kanan rd in Agoura Friday about 3:30 with my Granddaughter to go see the parade of lights in Newport , parade starts at about 6:30 , should normally be about an hour and half drive , looked at google maps and it said : 3 hours 45 minutes , the traffic stopped about a mile after we were on the freeway . Got off next off ramp , went home , ordered pizza and watched a Christmas movie ...F LA traffic !