WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Population Decline

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Its really too bad that Florida turned into the ultra conservative safe haven and not California, because I'd love to live there !

petie6464

Reaction score
Obviously they don't include the homeless in their population estimates.

CNN (complete nah-nah)

Mike K

Reaction score
California employers are having a hard time keeping their employees ... they are leaving CA as fast as they can ... seems like the only ones doing well in CA. are government employees.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
California employers are having a hard time keeping their employees ... they are leaving CA as fast as they can ... seems like the only ones doing well in CA. are government employees.
I guess it depends on what type of job you are referring to. I know in the trades with So Cals higher pay then most states there is no shortage of workers. My trade is hiring new apprentices and the list is already long for applicants.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what type of job you are referring to. I know in the trades with So Cals higher pay then most states there is no shortage of workers. My trade is hiring new apprentices and the list is already long for applicants.
I will have to agree...but that is as a union employee. Cali's union scale has been higher than most all, except New York, for a lot of the trades.
Now, some people may see a correlation...but I digress.
If you're a union member, the pay is better. When those types retire, for some reason they bail out of the state. Hell, some come here and even "come out of the closet"...start flying Trump flags and buying guns.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

With rents and housing 2x as much or more, taxes higher, cost of living higher, In many cases you can make less elsewhere and have more money in your pocket.

That is not true in every situation, but few people do the math to actually figure it out.

Taking your CA salary elsewhere is great, but you have to think about the next job.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
With rents and housing 2x as much or more, taxes higher, cost of living higher, In many cases you can make less elsewhere and have more money in your pocket.

That is not true in every situation, but few people do the math to actually figure it out.

Taking your CA salary elsewhere is great, but you have to think about the next job.
Yep...One of our top foreman is thinking of moving from Corona to the Dallas TX area. Wages and benefits are about 35% less. The lower housing and taxes probably makes it a wash. He has 5 girls ages 5-17. The older ones are not happy about moving. :cool:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Don't spread this "false narrative"...
It's too much a difference in income, they'll never make it 😁
Besides, the "new math" they teach may prove otherwise.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

That is EXACTLY what happened for me. I make a little less than I was making in California but the cost of living is SO much less that we are financially ahead then when we were making more over there.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I can afford to live in CA...... I no longer wish to live in a state that caters to illegals ,homeless and convicts.

I would rather my taxes go to infrastructure and nice schools and parks for the kids.

As a resident of Florida I busted out laughing when I read this post.......

I assure you, if those are your concerns about California, you will absolutely hate Florida!

We have 5 times the number of convicted felons than any other state.

English is the 2nd language of Miami\Dade County and many other parts of Florida.

Every homeless person in America wants to retire in Florida Or are already here.

Insurance rates only know one direction....... UP. Taxes too

Just wait till you see your always climbing property tax bill. This will truly make you wonder if the McMansion is worth it.

As far as parks and schools........ The state legislators already stole all those funds! Really

Florida only looks nice from afar...... once your here, you will find it has the same problems as every other state. It’s also a political clusterfuck..... no matter which side you stand on. Dont be deceived by what you see on the National News, it’s more inaccurate than accurate when it comes to Florida. Just an observation from someone that reads the paper everyday and watches a fair amount of news. There is the narrative..... which does not align with the true reality. Just a heads up!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
As a resident of Florida I busted out laughing when I read this post.......

I assure you, if those are your concerns about California, you will absolutely hate Florida!

We have 5 times the number of convicted felons than any other state.

English is the 2nd language of Miami\Dade County and many other parts of Florida.

Every homeless person in America wants to retire in Florida Or are already here.

Insurance rates only know one direction....... UP. Taxes too

Just wait till you see your always climbing property tax bill. This will truly make you wonder if the McMansion is worth it.

As far as parks and schools........ The state legislators already stole all those funds! Really

Florida only looks nice from afar...... once your here, you will find it has the same problems as every other state. It’s also a political clusterfuck..... no matter which side you stand on. Dont be deceived by what you see on the National News, it’s more inaccurate than accurate when it comes to Florida. Just an observation from someone that reads the paper everyday and watches a fair amount of news. There is the narrative..... which does not align with the true reality. Just a heads up!

I guess its good I'm moving to S. Utah then...lol:D