WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Prop 13 on the Ballot -- question

Taboma

Reaction score
From what I've read there's some confusion regarding the Prop 13 / School Bonds bill currently on the ballot and that it should not be confused with the "Repeal Commercial Prop 13" initiative, which is not on this ballot.
The explanation I've read states they're reusing old initiative numbers, causing mass confusion. Having read it I can find absolutely nothing in the wording to suggest the two are related.
I asked because in the lounge the following meme was posted in the Facebook thread stating that repealing commercial prop 13 is somehow hidden inside this proposition, I do not believe this to be
the case. Am I right or wrong ?
Regardless I'm voting NO, just looking to get this clarified.

Prop 13.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
From what I've read there's some confusion regarding the Prop 13 / School Bonds bill currently on the ballot and that it should not be confused with the "Repeal Commercial Prop 13" initiative, which is not on this ballot.
The explanation I've read states they're reusing old initiative numbers, causing mass confusion. Having read it I can find absolutely nothing in the wording to suggest the two are related.
I asked because in the lounge the following meme was posted in the Facebook thread stating that repealing commercial prop 13 is somehow hidden inside this proposition, I do not believe this to be
the case. Am I right or wrong ?
Regardless I'm voting NO, just looking to get this clarified.

View attachment 843312

You are correct, unrelated.

jet496

Reaction score
Where in the F.. are all those Lotto sale taxes to "Help the Public Education" ???

it's time to open all the books and actually see where and how these taxes are spent...

Agreed. Who are the gullible fools that vote these taxes in.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

What happens when there is not enough money in the general fund to repay all these bonds? They try and in most cases succeed in raising taxes to repay them, hence bonds are a tax hike. Bonds have to be repaid with interest, many people believe they are like free money, they're not.

Sandlord

Reaction score

RCDave

Reaction score
How the fuck do you think it gets paid back? Pixy dust and union promises?

Taxpayer funded bonds. I.e. TAXES

RodnJen

Reaction score
What happens when there is not enough money in the general fund to repay all these bonds? They try and in most cases succeed in raising taxes to repay them, hence bonds are a tax hike. Bonds have to be repaid with interest, many people believe they are like free money, they're not.

You are right there is no free money. GO bonds are exactly that, general obligations if the issuer. There are man other types of muni bonds with specific, pledged revenues. Municipalities can’t just raise taxes to pay them.

Last edited:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
The proposition 13 on this ballot is completely unrelated to the original and in no way effects it. However there is a proposition on the November ballot seeking to overturn the commercial side of the original prop 13, which is just a start, if they succeed there the homeowner side is next. Spread the word.
Dont be fooled.PNG

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
You are right there is no free money. GO bonds are exactly that, general obligations if the issuer. There are man other types of muni bonds with specific, pledged revenues. Municipalities can’t just raise taxes to pay them.

True, but this is not a muni bond.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
LOL Everything will be all under control in 35 years. :p:p
Boondoggle without a doubt.
Look up who gets to buy these bonds.