WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California schools, possibly done for the year per Newscum

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Newscum is a f’n twat. This moron is now saying that we should assume that schools will be closed for the rest of the school year. WTF? I could see anywhere from 2-4 weeks right now, and possibly extending that, but how do you make such a bold prediction at this time without all of the evidence in front of you?

But hey, he’ll be the governor on the national news for making a “ground breaking” decision. Works well for his political agenda.

This pole smoker is just as bad as that dipshit Moonbeam.🤬🖕

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Same response most employers are getting. If we can work from home and achieve the same productivity, why can’t kids get schooling remotely if they produce the same test scores? It’ll be interesting how schools adapt and try to continue educating and if it all goes away once this is over.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's been the word coming to teachers here in Az too. Rumored other states as well. Problem with "online" schooling for some is financial ability. In my wife's case, it's F'n kindergarten...most 5yo kids don't have computer skills. Doing packets for 6-8 weeks isn't easy either. Not fair to the kids, for learning or social skills.

boatpi

Reaction score
This idiot has no idea, this is been critical for a week. What a complete moron.

these dumbasses in California that elected him are getting exactly what they deserve. Maybe they will be the first ones in the unemployment line but I doubt if I’ll ever get it.

renodaytona

Reaction score
They announced in Kansas yesterday that they are on the brink of canceling school for the remainder of this school year.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So they are going to write off a third of the year and then just move kids that didn't learn shit on to the next grade.

Singleton

Reaction score
They announced in Kansas yesterday that they are on the brink of canceling school for the remainder of this school year.

friend lives in KS, he received confirmation closed for school year
alternative learning programs (online) will be issued next week
if CDC releases the 10 people 8 week recommendation they will reassess, however KC schools are done the Friday before Memorial Day (which is only 10 weeks away)

Singleton

Reaction score
So they are going to write off a third of the year and then just move kids that didn't learn shit on to the next grade.

they issued the schools closed without those answers
Seniors in HS have no idea if they get to move on or even have graduation

IMO, Kansas and CA governors should not of said that.

TCHB

Reaction score
I am thinking all schools will be closed this year.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I’m no fan of Gavin Newsom but this isn’t just California. It’s something that’s being discussed Nationwide.

My kids last day of school was Thursday. On Friday all of the teachers were at the school and in and out of meetings discussing a plan to move the kids to homeschool for an extended period of time.

Our governor has announced that we will likely be moving to a remote schooling model for the remainder of the year. My guess is the only thing holding up the official announcement is the schools are waiting on funding approvals and guarantees to ensure the schools will be funded even though children are not physically attending them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My kids are out May 20 something. Not many week left once they are supposed to return April 9. I’m not to bothered by this, but I still leave to go the office. My wife on the other hand is dealing with it but it makes it harder when you can’t take kids out.

squeezer

Reaction score
I don’t have a vested interest in what Newsom does in Ca... As a household with two kids in school it is much better to fully commit to closed classrooms early and pivot to distance learning efforts than to wait and see what happens a week or two at a time.

Singleton

Reaction score
Carlsbad is still heading towards return to school April 13
However, school staff have been hard at work pulling together resources for extended learning activities for students during the school closures. They expect to launch these resources to students and families on Wednesday, March 18, in the afternoon.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
This kind of sux. My oldest and his friends are all seniors and play baseball. This is their last big season

They cancelled 3 weeks already with no time left for makeups. I hope they dont lose any more games.

they will never get this season back. I feel bad for them

Singleton

Reaction score
This kind of sux. My oldest and his friends are all seniors and play baseball. This is their last big season

They cancelled 3 weeks already with no time left for makeups. I hope they dont lose any more games.

they will never get this season back. I feel bad for them

they get it back if they have to repeat Sr year

j/k - I sure as hell hope that is not the answer!