WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Street Legal VW Manx For Sale

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have owned this car for almost 10 years and its been a great car and never left me stranded. Selling it because my family has outgrown the car and we bought something bigger. Here is a list of items on the car:

• Registered as a 1968 VW bug and has a CA License plate (no smog required)
  • 2.2L Chevy Ecotec Motor from CBM with power steering
  • UMP Filter
  • 002 Bus Box built by Trans Axle Engineering
  • Race prep 930 CV’s
  • 3X3 Arms
  • Harmon Racing Fuel cell with foam
  • Fox shocks on all corners and were recently serviced
  • A Arm Front End
  • Pro Am Hubs and 4 wheel disk brakes
  • HID Lights
  • Lowrance GPS
  • 4 point harnesses
  • Hi Lo Jack
  • Powder coated frame
$25,000 OBO

Please contact me with any questions or additional pictures
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_3038.JPG

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale man. What did you upgrade to?

Meaney77

Reaction score
DAMN!! that thing is badass. What are the details?
Thank you! I am pretty stoked and it was too good to be true. I have always wanted a Dejong because they are bad ass and also street legal. They rarely ever come up for sale and when they do, they dont last long. I came across it online, on the Dejong FB page. I reached out to the person who posted about it and they mentioned it was for sale but not listed anywhere. It was up in Pismo and had been sitting in the owners shop where it had been sitting for a few years and they didnt use it much and was really well taken care of. Me and a buddy drove up Wednesday last week, I made an offer and I picked it up last Saturday.

Its has an A arm front end, LS1, and a Mendeola. Car is a 5 seater which is what I needed for my kids, GPS, digital dash, Comm's, etc, also had a new set of paddles and front smoothies mounted on bead lock rims. It came with a ton of extra parts along with a spare set of axles, and CV's all prepped and ready to bolt on if I need to. Also came with the build sheet and all receipts for the car so I know its history.

It was a unicorn.... I cant wait to get it in the dirt or the sand.

69hondo

Reaction score
Thats so awesome. Those kind of deals are great. Glad you were able to get it. Man this is so nice its street legal. Opens up so many more possibilities of fun.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bump.... price reduced, this thing needs a new home, I am out of garage space!

Klabeth

Reaction score
I have owned this car for almost 10 years and its been a great car and never left me stranded. Selling it because my family has outgrown the car and we bought something bigger. Here is a list of items on the car:

• Registered as a 1968 VW bug and has a CA License plate (no smog required)
  • 2.2L Chevy Ecotec Motor from CBM with power steering
  • UMP Filter
  • 002 Bus Box built by Trans Axle Engineering
  • Race prep 930 CV’s
  • 3X3 Arms
  • Harmon Racing Fuel cell with foam
  • Fox shocks on all corners and were recently serviced
  • A Arm Front End
  • Pro Am Hubs and 4 wheel disk brakes
  • HID Lights
  • Lowrance GPS
  • 4 point harnesses
  • Hi Lo Jack
  • Powder coated frame
$25,000 OBO

Please contact me with any questions or additional pictures View attachment 943389 View attachment 943390 View attachment 943391 View attachment 943392 View attachment 943393 View attachment 943394 View attachment 943395 View attachment 943396
Is this still available and a contact number

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thank you! I am pretty stoked and it was too good to be true. I have always wanted a Dejong because they are bad ass and also street legal. They rarely ever come up for sale and when they do, they dont last long. I came across it online, on the Dejong FB page. I reached out to the person who posted about it and they mentioned it was for sale but not listed anywhere. It was up in Pismo and had been sitting in the owners shop where it had been sitting for a few years and they didnt use it much and was really well taken care of. Me and a buddy drove up Wednesday last week, I made an offer and I picked it up last Saturday.

Its has an A arm front end, LS1, and a Mendeola. Car is a 5 seater which is what I needed for my kids, GPS, digital dash, Comm's, etc, also had a new set of paddles and front smoothies mounted on bead lock rims. It came with a ton of extra parts along with a spare set of axles, and CV's all prepped and ready to bolt on if I need to. Also came with the build sheet and all receipts for the car so I know its history.

It was a unicorn.... I cant wait to get it in the dirt or the sand.
F'n sweet new ride you found.
Love my Manx but yours had some upgrades I don’t.