WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Californian's Out for Dinner in Texas

OC Mike

Reaction score
IMG_3610.PNG

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
lol perfect! Unless you're in Austin......which is slowly becoming west Hollywood.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
lol perfect! Unless you're in Austin......which is slowly becoming west Hollywood.

My brother in law went to Austin last weekend for a USMC reunion sorta deal...said he would never go back.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Austin is a great place to visit.
Especially you're a foodie - trule some awesome places to eat there.

But I could never live there.
It's way too much like CA.

sirbob

Reaction score
While I get why some say Austin is like CA. I think it is a lot more like Portland except with tech money. Try walking down 6th street and see the trolls and panhandlers - that group of people I call street trolls. Man I can't stand that element.

Dreadlocked with a sign out begging for money "why lie need money for pot" sitting there with a puppy destine for a life sleeping on concrete and never getting a bath.

I don't see the same type in CA - do not confuse these people with "homeless" - they are a different class. Much lower.

Austin = Portland

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Austin went into the shitter when the residents started believing they were part of some hipster mystique and that the people who live within the 276 square mile area of the city limits are better than the redneck trash that inhabits the other 268,375 square miles of Texas.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
While I get why some say Austin is like CA. I think it is a lot more like Portland except with tech money. Try walking down 6th street and see the trolls and panhandlers - that group of people I call street trolls. Man I can't stand that element.

Dreadlocked with a sign out begging of money "why lie need money for pot" sitting there with a puppy destine for a life sleeping on concrete and never getting a bath.

I don't see the same type in CA - do not confuse these people with "homeless" - they are a different class. Much lower.

Austin = Portland
Really?
They're everywhere in LA, San Diego and the Bay Area.
And one thing we absolutely didn't miss when we moved out of Belmont Shore.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
There are lots of homeless in CA but I'm talking about a different group - I used to see some homeless when we lived in Belmont on Bayshore between 2cd and the marine stadium but those are not the ones I'm talking about in Austin or Portland.

The ones I'm talking about are aggressive anti social anarchist who leach off society and find joy in being disruptive.

Totally different than your run off the mill homeless.

I'm not saying these types are not in CA also but Ive seen more concentrations of them in other places

Really?
They're everywhere in LA, San Diego and the Bay Area.
And one thing we absolutely didn't miss when we moved out of Belmont Shore.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk