WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Call out thread ***attention glamis freaks***

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you have ever attended the changing of the flag event, then I am talking to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

HozayKwarvo has takin over the event from Slappy Mc Duner and very much needs your help. Any amount you can throw down will help the event move forward.

I built the new website for free, that was my wanna be web designer contribution, in case anyone wanted to know! :p

All the items you see in the store are currently in production and will be shipping soon. If you purchase something, it will be on backorder, and will be shipped to you as soon as the item comes in. Or, you can pick it up at the event.

The event will be on November 14th this year. And yet, it has already been approved. 👍

So buy something or give something. Every little bit helps!!!

THANK YOU FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. video from last year is on the front page. try not to get motion sick!!!

veterans_day_2019.jpg

rickym20

Reaction score
Got to experience that event for the first time last year. They do a great job and mad at myself for not being apart of it sooner. Great event to experience!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
So where's the front page video?
This just reminded me, I've got a slappy Yuma sand drugs run what you brung, t-shirt from like 2005, that's never been worn.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Got to experience that event for the first time last year. They do a great job and mad at myself for not being apart of it sooner. Great event to experience!

The first few events were just a handful of us from Wash22 replacing the flag cause Slappy thought it would be a cool thing to do. What it has turned into now is a major league vets celebration. It has really gone off the charts...

08-coin-front.jpg

69hondo

Reaction score
WE will be there this year. It will be our first time.

Thanks and we will contribute.

wallnutz

Reaction score
We will be there this year, especially if it's over 90* on Halloween because we will be missing that trip if it is. I'll make a donation too.

D19

Reaction score
We haven’t put any trips on the calendar yet. Hoping to make that weekend.

cakemoto

Reaction score
That’s me straight ahead in red shorts...Someone posted this picture on Instagram I believe on Thursday
618DFC94-430E-4025-A1F3-0961CB4604B2.png

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Glamis is going to be a shit show constantly this year just like Havasu apparently was.

Thank the ASA for keeping it open and be sure to start or continue your support for more of those efforts. The enviros will be back to try for closure again and will use the increased crowds this year (increased law enforcement incidents, trash, dust, etc.) to help make that case.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Glamis is going to be a shit show constantly this year just like Havasu apparently was.

Thank the ASA for keeping it open and be sure to start or continue your support for more of those efforts. The enviros will be back to try for closure again and will use the increased crowds this year (increased law enforcement incidents, trash, dust, etc.) to help make that case.
Agreed. Going to be a year that the long time crowd might need to help keep it out of the news
Like havasu, get ready for new sand people

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kinna cool story...

HISTORY
Depending on who you ask, the “challenge coin” has historical roots dating back from nearly one-hundred years to as early as the Roman Empire. The most common narrative purports that a wealthy American lieutenant in World War I distributed matching bronze coins to his unit members before they were deployed. A fighter pilot from his unit was shot down and forced to land in hostile German territory. The pilot was subsequently captured and temporarily held in a detention facility that was later attacked by British Forces. This attack afforded the American an opportunity to later escape.
At some point after his escape, and without many of his personal belongings with him, the American was confronted by French soldiers who detained him. He was presumed to be a German spy at the time, which led the French to nearly take his life. The American pleaded with the French Officer that he was indeed an ally, and presented a challenge coin he had received from his Lieutenant some time before being deployed. The coin was struck with the American’s Unit insignia and other identifying marks, one of his French captors recognized the squadron insignia on the medallion. They delayed his execution long enough for him to confirm his identity. Instead of shooting him they gave him a bottle of wine.
The challenge coin tradition has spread to other military units, in all branches of service, and even to non-military organizations as well. Today, challenge coins are given to members upon joining an organization, as an award to improve morale, and sold to commemorate special occasions or as fundraisers.

CHALLENGING
In keeping with tradition, challenge coins still earn service members their share of alcohol. Military members often tap their challenge coins upon meeting in a bar — shouting, “Coin check!” — and anyone who either cannot produce one or is the last to show it buys the first round of drinks.
The challenge, which can be made at any time, begins with the challenger drawing his/her coin, and slapping or placing the coin on the table or bar. In noisy environments, continuously rapping the challenge coin on a surface may initiate the challenge. (Accidentally dropping a challenge coin is considered to be a deliberate challenge to all present.) Everyone being challenged must immediately produce the coin for their organization, afforded a "step and a reach", and anyone failing to do so must buy a round of drinks for the challenger and everyone else who has their challenge coin. However, should everyone challenged be able to produce their coin, the challenger must buy a round of drinks for the group.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Never been to glamis, but since I got the Cam Am there has been talks. I have heard some guys say its awesome, some say no because of sketchy dunes where there are drop offs and allot of accidents?

What's the census on RDP?

Also I don't have a FWD Truck, I think that might be an issue ?

wallnutz

Reaction score
Never been to glamis, but since I got the Cam Am there has been talks. I have heard some guys say its awesome, some say no because of sketchy dunes where there are drop offs and allot of accidents?

All of the above. Just go with someone with experience, don’t drive off alone and don’t go out at night. Two wheel drive is ok, just don’t try and go out to far. If you do air down your tires before you are stuck.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Vets day has been our best trip for weather and hanging out with good people for years. Skipping this year so we can unpack the new house. Normally I am parked next to the Bugle player. Joe is a Marine and good friend that brings out his Bugle every year to play Taps live. Will pick it back up next year.

joe.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

First rule of Glamis, you never dune your tow vehicle. Nuf said about that.

Second rule of Glamis, never go duning alone.

So find someone to head into the dunes with that has Lots of experience. Same as you don't go boating with non boaters. You'll stay out of trouble that way.

👍

HozayKwarvo

Reaction score
Thanks @rivermobster for pimping out the site and thanks to everyone here that stopped by - huge thanks to a couple supporters from RDP! I'm a newbie here at RDP but I started this event 17 years ago and created Glamis Veterans as a 501c3 to sustain the event and grow the mission of supporting our veterans as well as our recreation area.

As with all previous Veterans Day Gatherings (besides the very first one in 2004) we have a commemorative shirt made for the event. Each year the design is different and revealed at the event. What I can tell you is that this year, by popular demand, the shirts are red and we have a number of youth sizes available. These shirts go FAST - last year sold out almost an hour before the event even started. Guarantee that you receive your 2020 Veterans Day Gathering t-shirt this year by pre-ordering online at https://glamisveterans.org

These shirts, along with your donations provide the funding necessary to host the event, recognize our distinguished veterans in attendance, and execute the mission of Glamis Veterans, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

These will NOT be shipped and MUST be picked up from the Glamis Veterans booth in Glamis near the Beach Store (in the event area) on Friday 11/13 between 3:00pm - 10:00pm or on Saturday 11/14 AFTER the flag pole ceremony, between 1:00pm - 7:00pm. At 8pm on the 14th we'll have our recognition and awards on the stage followed by the veterans video and finally the traditional USMC cake cutting ceremony :cool: We will have additional event shirts on sale at the event but your pre-order is guaranteed and will be bagged and ready for pickup in Glamis! Select "Local Pickup" during checkout and consider making a tax deductible donation today.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks @rivermobster for pimping out the site and thanks to everyone here that stopped by - huge thanks to a couple supporters from RDP! I'm a newbie here at RDP but I started this event 17 years ago and created Glamis Veterans as a 501c3 to sustain the event and grow the mission of supporting our veterans as well as our recreation area.

As with all previous Veterans Day Gatherings (besides the very first one in 2004) we have a commemorative shirt made for the event. Each year the design is different and revealed at the event. What I can tell you is that this year, by popular demand, the shirts are red and we have a number of youth sizes available. These shirts go FAST - last year sold out almost an hour before the event even started. Guarantee that you receive your 2020 Veterans Day Gathering t-shirt this year by pre-ordering online at https://glamisveterans.org

These shirts, along with your donations provide the funding necessary to host the event, recognize our distinguished veterans in attendance, and execute the mission of Glamis Veterans, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

These will NOT be shipped and MUST be picked up from the Glamis Veterans booth in Glamis near the Beach Store (in the event area) on Friday 11/13 between 3:00pm - 10:00pm or on Saturday 11/14 AFTER the flag pole ceremony, between 1:00pm - 7:00pm. At 8pm on the 14th we'll have our recognition and awards on the stage followed by the veterans video and finally the traditional USMC cake cutting ceremony :cool: We will have additional event shirts on sale at the event but your pre-order is guaranteed and will be bagged and ready for pickup in Glamis! Select "Local Pickup" during checkout and consider making a tax deductible donation today.

Welcome Brian!!!

There are a lot of gd.com peeps over here. You're gonna fit right in. 👍

kimbalee

Reaction score

So I tried to preorder a shirt - got as far as the paypal screen at checkout and a box popped up that said you're logged out bc it has been more than 240 seconds. It was less than 5 seconds. Have no idea if the order went thru or not.

HozayKwarvo

Reaction score
So I tried to preorder a shirt - got as far as the paypal screen at checkout and a box popped up that said you're logged out bc it has been more than 240 seconds. It was less than 5 seconds. Have no idea if the order went thru or not.
Order #2243 in XXL? looks like it went through on our end 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Gonna look into this to make sure it's not something on our end...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
was using Chrome FYI and yes, thanks, I got an order confirmation email! See u guys out there and thanks for what u do :)

Thanks. I didn't see anything on our end. I think it was probably PayPal.

Thank you for your support!!! 👍

cakemoto

Reaction score
Getting packed up today...heading out Thursday night. I should be around wash 7
We should meet up out there