Calling all Cole Boats

ham&cheese

Reaction score
027B4184-61D3-4B02-8DA3-2C837E6EDBBF.jpeg

ham&cheese

Reaction score

bagged97taco

Reaction score
What kinda top mph do you see when you are at the races with your TR2? I believe your 250s is the one in the shop photos I posted earlier check it out
That motor is usually in the 113-116 mph range. We had a little higher compression 468 in it that ran 122-124mph. That’s at 1000’ long track. And yes that’s my 250. Thanks for sharing those. Now I have more pics for my albums.

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
The pics are comin in and are great! Does anyone have a photo with any Cole outboard powered? How about badges from Glendale or Chatsworth or other......??? Hell, how about the man himself when you bought your boat! Or the shops........? I know asking a lot from time gone by...
I believe @OldSchoolBoats has pics of his dad's 80's Cole with an outboard on it. I want to say it was a supersport but cant remember exactly.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I believe @OldSchoolBoats has pics of his dad's 80's Cole with an outboard on it. I want to say it was a supersport but cant remember exactly.
Yeah I have some, will post up when I get home. His is an 1982 and the model was Mini Cruiser back then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ham&cheese

Reaction score
That motor is usually in the 113-116 mph range. We had a little higher compression 468 in it that ran 122-124mph. That’s at 1000’ long track. And yes that’s my 250. Thanks for sharing those. Now I have more pics for my albums.
Right on! Boat looks like it runs hard and takes a nice set from the looks of the pictures you posted! Really cool your 250s is in the shop photos being built.. just shows how there were not that many of them.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Right on! Boat looks like it runs hard and takes a nice set from the looks of the pictures you posted! Really cool your 250s is in the shop photos being built.. just shows how there were not that many of them.
The boat is so fun to drive. Yea I wish I could get more pics of it being built. When I saw your 250 in person I knew I would own one one day. All of your Coles are top notch

ham&cheese

Reaction score
The boat is so fun to drive. Yea I wish I could get more pics of it being built. When I saw your 250 in person I knew I would own one one day. All of your Coles are top notch
You’re right it’s a fun boat to drive and definitely my favorite to drive out of all the ones my dad owns. Thanks I’m sure he will appreciate that comment seeing as how he takes excellent care of his stuff!

ham&cheese

Reaction score
You are thinking of Lou who was the guy at Al’s and now at So Cal Speed Marine
Aww shit yes that’s him! Man I messed up his name I’ll fix it.. great guy really knowledgeable and loves to talk about boats

bagged97taco

Reaction score
You’re right it’s a fun boat to drive and definitely my favorite to drive out of all the ones my dad owns. Thanks I’m sure he will appreciate that comment seeing as how he takes excellent care of his stuff!
Sorry meant to say your dads!!

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Never herd of this model? Any info you could share
I was wondering the same thing. I saw it listed in the one add posted here but can’t recall ever seeing one. Kinda like the rumor of a Cole cat hull

Taboma

Reaction score
Based on a couple of the ads from 99 & 2000, would seem Jim after deciding to call our 22' Nighthawk a 220, at some point to call the 22' Skier a 220 and the Nighthawk a 224. Guess that's how "Custom" works 😁 Wonder if ours is a one-off 220 Nighthawk, or if any others were built prior to the name change ??

BlowMe

Reaction score
Not mine but it just popped up on drag boat city this evening

fmo24

Reaction score
Anyone seen the red v-drive 711. Had a turbo motor set up for ski racing originally then I’ve seen it for sale with different engines thru out the years?

4Waters

Reaction score
Not mine but it just popped up on drag boat city this evening

Odd trailer

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
What’s the next step?
Compiling a workable layout to fit the decks, all photos that will work, to size and quality, will likely be edited to fit the layout . I can right now say I won’t have a reviewable image at the earlies Tuesday. One of my own images has to be re photographed and edited for size and I am out of town. Kinda mad at myself lol. I can tell you that really less than 10% are usable. I would have like to put every single photo on the boards. I really wanted that “records“ photo from in the shop , but the glare would totally be washed out in the end and you wouldn’t even be able to read it.
Thank you all again for your pics!

bagged97taco

Reaction score
So here the question. How many Cole v bottom Vdrive’s were built? How many Cole 250s were built. I know there were a ton a runner bottoms built and crashed and a lot still alive and some hiding in garages never to see water again. Curious minds. Wish I could win the lotto and buy every cole out there.