WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Calpers questions

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Who here is or was a Calpers member? I’m sure there’s a few.
Any way, someone I know is wondering if a member with age and years of service can go to work one day then decide to retire on the spot because of this, that or the other thing without repercussions.
Asking for a friend of course.

Reactions: DWC

River918

Reaction score
Yes they can… it may take an extra month or so to get your first check, but you will eventually get it all from the date of retirement.

cxr

Reaction score
Yes they can… it may take an extra month or so to get your first check, but you will eventually get it all from the date of retirement.

ON THE SPOT?
or have to give the 6 months notice?

dribble

Reaction score
On the spot. I’ve seen several
people do it. Your retirement pay starts from the day of separation. Also keep
In mind that they always under compute your formula because they don’t have your PTO hours etc. After about six months you’ll get a check for back pay and a raise.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
These days I’ve gathered it’s more than a month or two to get benefits but dude isn’t too concerned about when checks start coming in just as long as they do.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Get the shot you big baby.

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
A guy i worked with took two weeks vacation, called in the day he was scheduled back to say he retired, no repercussions. Screwed all the plant operators he worked with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
A guy i worked with took two weeks vacation, called in the day he was scheduled back to say he retired, no repercussions. Screwed all the plant operators he worked with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. 👍👍

C-2

Reaction score
There's usually some good CalHR topics/discussions on Redditt

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
A supervisor in our department did exactly this. Just said I am done. They gave him a hard time about some stuff so he just took 3 month of vacation while it got sorted. He came in for a couple of hours near the end of the "vacation" to grab his personal things from his cube.

Reactions: DWC

RP1

Reaction score
On the spot... he can come in for part of his shift and take his ball and go home at anytime.

I have 28 years on... a couple of bad weeks and I will take my ball and hit the road. I have 2300 hours on the books so waiting 2-3 months for PERS won't matter.

dribble

Reaction score
I have 28 years on... a couple of bad weeks and I will take my ball and hit the road. I have 2300 hours on the books so waiting 2-3 months for PERS won't matter.

2300 hrs will get you a huge check. With huge withholding. If you have a 457 have them drop most of it in there. Also keep in mind that sick time is not paid out. It is computed and added to your time served. If you have 1000 hours I’m of sick leave you will get six months service credit.