WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Campbell Carl - It's Been 4 Years!! RIP Buddy

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
4 years ago today, the world lost a great man...Campbell Carl. We all miss you buddy. Share your favorite CC picture and / or story.
DSC_9398 (Resized 1).JPG

Last edited:

rivergames

Reaction score
CC, was a great friend of mine. CC was the 1st person I met off HB back in the day.

CC was a contractor and built Macy's back in the 90's. My Pops and Godfather laid tile and worked with CC back in the day.

When I picked up my first flat, CC was always willing to help answer and questions on HotBoat.

We used to have awesome V-Drive shows at Irvine lake and I always used to put down some beers down with CC and other V-Drivers.

CC lived 30 minutes away and I'd head over to his house after work and meet other buddies over there and polish some rounds of CL's!

CC is deeply missed.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
He got mad at me one time cause I didn't stop by his house!

I had to go to Good Vibrations (I think) to pick up some blower parts. He lived not too far from there. When he found out I went there and didn't stop by, he gave me a ration for it! Kiddingly of course...

Old School Cool. :cool:

Miss you bud.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I still have him in my phone and cant delete it. He is a great friend to many and I am glad I had him as a friend ...

I still think of Carl often......

Lol. Carmel Carl was one of his nicknames, and makes me smile , that he would just laugh and roll with it.

Hope your cocktail is always full and the boat is full of gas.....👍

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 94

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Carl was a one of a kind guy. He always had time to offer a friendly word and top off your cocktail. He was always considerate of what you had going on and would go out of his way to make industry connections for a photographer just starting out. He was truly one of the good ones...

IMG_8502.PNG

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
These threads always bring a tear to my eye. Carl was a great friend and I will always think of him with warm loving thoughts. Such a kind man, a good friend, always ready with a smile and something funny to say. I truly miss his company. They don’t make em like that anymore. I’m still pissed he paid for everyone’s dinner on his own birthday. Typical Carl. [emoji51][emoji120].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Miss you Carl!
Signed - Your "Kitchen Dweller" [emoji16][emoji17]

When it's my time to go, I can only hope that I will have brought as many smiles to the world as he did.
IMG_20150424_195501.jpg
20200219_143747.jpg

Took this photo at Deser Storm 2015

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Miss you Carl!
Signed - Your "Kitchen Dweller" [emoji16][emoji17]

When it's my time to go, I can only hope that I will have brought as many smiles to the world as he did. View attachment 846414 View attachment 846415

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This pic from the Channel was the only time I met Carl. I remember thinking "man that guy is cool!". Didn't know we'd never meet again. RIP Carl

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
YoPengo and I were going to the Long Beach Races. Carl always brought his motorhome for the weekend. He told me to bring some beer to his house and he would put it in the ice chest for us for when we got there since we couldn't bring it in thru the walk in gates. So I bought some beer and put it behind his RV while he was at work a couple days before the race. He sent me a PM asking where the ice was..:p🍻 Always had a good time with Carl. :cool:

4Waters

Reaction score
Never met him but I sure wish I could have. I may not have met him but I feel inclined to miss him with how all of you talk about him.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
This thread made my heart drop when I saw the title. I looked back in my emails to 2012 when we started an on going conversation. He lived in Portland Oregon the same time I did and we went to the same events but never crossed paths. We made plans to meet on ship when I was cruising but it never worked out. I should have made that happen.

Joker

Reaction score
Carl was a great guy. Delivered an old console stereo with the turntable an 8 track to his place at the lake years ago. He was stoked to have something to spin his albums.
Went to the hospital on behalf of Dilligaf and AJ to say farewell since they were too far away.
RIP Carl

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I never met Campbell Carl, I wish I would of.
Is Campbell Carl Related to Bob and Billy Campbell?
I would love to hear his stories, and the History.
I often wonder if he was the one of the Campbell's who built my 71 20 Campbell, maybe he is the person that sealed in the 1971 penny on the inside of the Bulkhead.
RIP Carl

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I never met Campbell Carl, I wish I would of.
Is Campbell Carl Related to Bob and Billy Campbell?
I would love to hear his stories, and the History.
I often wonder if he was the one of the Campbell's who built my 71 20 Campbell, maybe he is the person that sealed in the 1971 penny on the inside of the Bulkhead.
RIP Carl

His name is/was actually Carl Petersen. Campbell Carl was his screen name, nickname.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Will never forget the day.

I was in Dallas for a Cheer competition with my wife, daughter and 1 year old. Just happened to have a Coors Light in the basket of our stroller to throw one back for Carl, as soon as I heard the news.

Carl......buddy.........I miss you....RIP

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We interacted quite a bit on here, but never got a chance to meet him unfortunately.

I bought his old school wood maharaja and Conley skis from his Sis on here.