WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Campbell Carl - It's Been 5 Years. We Miss You!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
We lost a great man and a great Inmate 5 years ago today. Campbell Carl meant a lot to many of the RDP family.

Let's see your best CC pictures, and hear your stories / memories.

When Carl was in the hospital, I was headed to Oregon and planned on going to see him that weekend. Someone texted me when I was at the Oregon border (I believe it was Mike - Rattlecan Lou), and said if I wanted to see him, I better head there now. I turned around and drove to LA to see Carl.

I had an RDP floaty key chain with me, I wrote "We Love You" on it with a sharpy and put it in his hand to show support from all of us.

I asked the Nurse to please make sure it stayed with him, and to let the nexr Nurse know when her shift was over. I am glad I made the drive.

@rivermobster , who I had never met, opened his home for me to stay. I appreciate this Joe. I had to leave the next evening, and Carl passed about 15 minutes after I left. @River Lynchmob @Riverbound were with Carl when he passed.

Let's hear your stories and see your pics.

RT99
DSC_1042.JPG

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Wow it’s been 5 years, time flies way to fast!

I never met him, wish I could have. Through this posts and the way others post about him I feel like I knew him with out ever meeting him.

CC is surly missed and still has an impact on this site.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
There is another thread about him that I commented on
Great guy and great friend
John and Billdo called me from the hospital as I could not be there
Think of Ol Carl often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
We lost a great man and a great Inmate 5 years ago today. Campbell Carl meant a lot to many of the RDP family.

Let's see your best CC pictures, and hear your stories / memories.

When Carl was in the hospital, I was headed to Oregon and planned on going to see him that weekend. Someone texted me when I was at the Oregon border (I believe it was Mike - Rattlecan Lou), and said if I wanted to see him, I better head there now. I turned around and drove to LA to see Carl.

I had an RDP floaty key chain with me, I wrote "We Love You" on it with a sharpy and put it in his hand to show support from all of us.

I asked the Nurse to please make sure it stayed with him, and to let the nexr Nurse know when her shift was over. I am glad I made the drive.

@rivermobster , who I had never met, opened his home for me to stay. I appreciate this Joe. I had to leave the next evening, and Carl passed about 15 minutes after I left. @River Lynchmob @Riverbound were with Carl when he passed.

Let's hear your stories and see your pics.

RT99

Sent From Tapatalk

Who has the group picture of all of us at his memorial in Needles
I thought you had a copy of that day

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Carl and I had some nice long chats about our common love for lake Mohave. Carl and I were either working in the same building or real close to each other. We had plans to meet up for lunch, but unfortunately we never had that chance because he passed rather quickly. I still have the messages in my phone. Gas alley is a very special place, and I like posting pictures. It’s the resting place of my God father and Carl’s mother. I boat lake Mohave and always think about Carl. Carl introduced me to the dam run which is by far my favorite run. I made a promise that I would keep that alive. And I’m happy to report that it is a live and well. Every dam run the water and the day are always pretty close to perfect and I like to think that’s Carl smiling down on all of us

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I first met Carl at the Long Beach ski races one year. He make you feel like you were his best friend the moment he said hi to you.

He as a very rare breed who's smile and attitude just made everyone around him feel special and instantly put you in a good mood.

Great guy. When they say, only the good die young, it proved to be true with Carl.

Peace.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I do have it, but it is on my computer. I will post it later.

Sent From Tapatalk

I thought you would Scott
Any picks from our RDP off road weekend camping trips
I know you were at just a couple
LOL

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought you would Scott
Any picks from our RDP off road weekend camping trips
I know you were at just a couple
LOL

I posted the group pic above. Unfortunately, I never have had the pleasure of attending any of the Off Road Weekend trips.

poncho

Reaction score
I was never lucky enough to meet him. Reached out asking if he would pick up an event shirt for me, PM'd back no problem. Telling him i lived in Mass and get to live the West Coast events and such vicariously through his posting and pictures, always seemed like a class act online.
Fast forward a couple of weeks and a box shows up. In the box a couple of t shirts from the event plus 4 others i never asked for, coozies, keychains and other assorted neat stuff.
He would not let me send him a check of course but what started as a quick thank you on the phone became a long distance Buddy who you could chat with about everything, we both agreed after a few cocktails we could call each other and chat anytime, i miss that.

RIP Carl they don't make em like that every day.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I have more on hard drives somewhere but here’s a couple I found on my phone. Carl had an infectious smile and you always felt you were among friends when he was around. It would be a better place if there were more like him in the world.
The last pic was one of the off road camp trips on Shea rd. Great times...
694BDFDB-7E1D-4693-82BC-E3A8FB173E9E.jpeg
DBC0C9BF-4752-4EB5-AF4A-E20154B82E12.jpeg
E1818A9F-1B7D-4BBE-B719-13E0CA9FAAFC.jpeg

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I really miss that guy. When we lived in Seal and he was in the neighborhood we would always grab lunch. He was able to meet my older son Jackson, made the trip down for his baby shower and gave Jackson his favorite book from when he was a child. We still have it and will keep it as a token to remind us of his selfless and giving spirit. I would love for him to see our boys today. He is incredibly missed by so many.

rrrr

Reaction score
Five years! It doesn't seem possible.

Carl's contributions to RDP and his innate sense of humor and bonhomie revealed he was a loving and caring individual. Many posters have shared stories about Carl's generosity and good nature. There are very few people that receive that number of accolades, and it is apparent he left the Earth long before he should have.

Rest easy, Carl.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
This thread makes me smile. So many great pictures. Thank you everyone for sharing.

Blast from the past how you two doing??
You knew him like a lot of us did
Hope all is well

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We are doing great. Getting ready to set forth on a grand adventure. Hopefully we will run into you along the way. You still have your place in Florida?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I love this picture of Carl I stole. It reminds me what it was always like when you crossed paths with him at an event.

Carl is deeply missed...

Edit: photo credit @Tommy Gun Images

View attachment 974408

That's my pic not Tommy Guns ( his pics are much better :) ). I was shooting down from the roof of my trailer at one of the Irvine Lake events. RIP Carl.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That's my pic not Tommy Guns ( his pics are much better :) ). I was shooting down from the roof of my trailer at one of the Irvine Lake events. RIP Carl.

Sorry about that Sharp Shooter. I edited my post.