WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Camping at Park Moabi...good or bad?

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I'm looking at the camp sites on the peninsula along the river. Any advice from those who have stayed there? I'd be bringing out the rv to camp in and towing out the boat behind another vehicle. I'm looking at the spaces with full hookups as well. Any spaces better than others? Just looking at the map I know I don't want to be close to the inlet to Pirates Cove.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'm looking at the camp sites on the peninsula along the river. Any advice from those who have stayed there? I'd be bringing out the rv to camp in and towing out the boat behind another vehicle. I'm looking at the spaces with full hookups as well. Any spaces better than others? Just looking at the map I know I don't want to be close to the inlet to Pirates Cove.

All the peninsula spots are awesome, and full hook-up. Some peninsula beaches are "rockier" than others, but they are all pretty nice. We stay every year. Its our favorite spot to camp

rpmsrup

Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I have already booked a spot with some buddys on #6. thanks

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
pirates cove trip 001 - Copy.jpg pirates cove trip 003.jpg pirates cove trip 006.jpg pirates cove trip 008.jpg pirates cove trip 014.jpg pirates cove trip 017.jpg pirates cove trip 022.jpg pirates cove trip 023.jpg pirates cove trip 024.jpg pirates cove trip 025.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Moabi is a great time and a must do. We do it every year for 10+ days and its never long enough. Its that trip that you cant wait to get back to.

The only thing that is kind of a pain now is the booking of Peninsulas- they have a rule where you can book the entire peninusla 364 days in advance. It gets hard to book depending on which ranger you deal with, they all seem to have a different story.

The other downfall (I think) is that most peninsulas have 6 post and that means 6 different strangers to camp by/ chill on a beach with. Could be good and could be bad. We typically rent the group spot with 10 post and we know everybody.

Overall a great time especially for families and kids- a must do.

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Are the restrooms in the park flush toilets or smudge pots? And all the sites share the area with 6 other campers? I was looking at sites 16, 17, or 18. How strong is the current at the shoreline?

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Are the restrooms in the park flush toilets or smudge pots? And all the sites share the area with 6 other campers? I was looking at sites 16, 17, or 18. How strong is the current at the shoreline?

Do the trip every year also
great spot!!
the toilets are flush 99% sure on that
As far as how many other people camping on a peninsula depends on which one you get
the are some with 4 hook up 6 and 10
we have a 10 in early june and its gonna be the first time its were not gonna know everyone (we have 5 out of the 10)
been 8-10 times and always reserved the whole thing
as far as current goes the peninsulas keep the boats out of the current so its not a problem
just make sure you tie the boat u far enough out so it doesn't get beached with the water level fluctuating

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We've stayed on the peninsula quite a few times and always had great vacations. Try to stay on the south side of the peninsula if possible towards the opening to Moabi from the main river. More action over there. The water is chilly year 'round though...