WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Camping with Keurig. Everyone has a story.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
CC4C7D1D-ECDF-4437-B0C8-E9D9551985E0.jpeg
EAB3A0EA-CE3B-43A1-8567-A96959804628.jpeg
48B10F26-9EA4-446F-92D8-47EBA8BDD7E1.jpeg
712753DB-B3D5-41BC-BA41-8EA9DD979434.jpeg
I was using instant coffee and just about all of them suck. Starbucks the worst. It really sux.
The most palatable instant was Juan Valdez. Actually pretty good but most always sold out.

So asking around the take was roll with Keurig but not the cheapest maker, spend a little more for the better units.
Walked into COSTCO and it was $50 off and included a variety box of flavors for their better maker.

Even the brewed Starbucks sux compared to the rest.
The use your own grounds adapter is excellent and included.

We’re currently having extensive concrete and block and landscaping work done at the house so we packed up the RV to get it out of the way and are camping our way to Dumont Dunes.

Many Elks lodges around the USA have nice full hook up RV parks usually for $20 a nite if you stay the week maybe $25 otherwise.

No drama check in ya just take a spot and pay the bartender or their is a drop box. Done deal.
Affordable alternative if you need to rent a full or self service meeting room or hall for a function like a wedding with a cheap full bar.

People walking their dogs walk by in the morning will most always accept a cup of coffee or Coco.
I think they want to know who is this curious guy with the Toy Hauler?

The bar is always cheap and nice.

We’re at the Palmdale Elks and having a beer at the bar watching MLB playoffs there are all kinds of people we meet.

Ya see those orchards out in the desert and wonder who owns them?
Or homes out in the middle of nowhere and who lives there?

They all have a story and like anyone those people get cabin fever and come into the Elks bar for a $5 cocktail and burger special or the cheap drinks and dinners.

One nice girl Susan came in last night.
Susan owns 70 acres out in the Mohave and her Orchard is peaches, plumbs and apricots.

All really sweet tasting like you can not get at the market.

Her husband died suddenly and her now being financially comfortable she donates all the fruit to various organizations in the Antelope Valley.

“The high cost of water is what’s shutting down the orchards” Susan told us.
She has wells with wind powered pumps and gravity fed irrigation.
“My son and a grease gun keeps it all running” she added.

Everyone has a story.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't drink coffee.
My wife buys whatever kcup is cheap, for her it's the caffeine not taste she's after.
Edit: actually, it's usually a vanilla flavor coffee she drinks.....once or twice a week.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I don't drink coffee.
My wife buys whatever kcup is cheap, for her it's the caffeine not taste she's after.
Edit: actually, it's usually a vanilla flavor coffee she drinks.....once or twice a week.
I just tried that Costco vanilla this morning. Damn it’s good with nothing added.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the one she gets.
I'm an oddball. Don't like the taste of coffee whatsoever but do like the smell of brewing coffee.
Like cigarettes. Sometimes when someone lites up it smells good. I could never smoke though.
I got to drinking coffee working nights

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
On a cleanse program right now for 28 days, I quit drinking coffee a year ago. I really miss it right now...

Weird, I crave fats and coffee more than bread and other crap. Quit drinking till I get to fighting weight again, under 250. Cut out bread/sugar(as much as possible), complex carbs. GMO ect.

40 lbs in 36 days so far. Completely picked up my old program, no more tv or computer games/bullshit till I get my shit right again. I get up at 6, work till 6-7, hike a few miles everynight and then workout for an hour. Eat, read, crash. Repeat.

The cleanse is rough, shake replacement for 2 meals. Only organic foods. Feeling great though, looking forward to summer!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm an oddball. Don't like the taste of coffee whatsoever but do like the smell of brewing coffee.
Me neither...coffee does nothing for me. And I don't want no damn hot drink anyways...lol...Monster is my coffee in the morning. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
On a cleanse program right now for 28 days, I quit drinking coffee a year ago. I really miss it right now...

Weird, I crave fats and coffee more than bread and other crap. Quit drinking till I get to fighting weight again, under 250. Cut out bread/sugar(as much as possible), complex carbs. GMO ect.

40 lbs in 36 days so far. Completely picked up my old program, no more tv or computer games/bullshit till I get my shit right again. I get up at 6, work till 6-7, hike a few miles everynight and then workout for an hour. Eat, read, crash. Repeat.

The cleanse is rough, shake replacement for 2 meals. Only organic foods. Feeling great though, looking forward to summer!
That's how I dropped all my weight, no sugars and next to no carbs. Only wish I'd learned it decades ago.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I’m with you. I don’t drink coffee but like the smell and coffee flavored ice cream is my favorite.

Reactions: TPC

4Waters

Reaction score
I don't understand how people drink hot coffee when its 100°+ outside, but I do like a cup in the morning, I like the bakery series Duncan Donuts chocolate glazed donut coffee but I can't find it now.

81HGJ+SZIFL._SY679_.jpg

USMC2010

Reaction score
CA6F671E-CA22-4C6F-9528-C3634D0E1A6B.jpeg

My wife likes the smell but won’t drink it. I had this single cup maker sent to me in Afghanistan and it has made it home with me, brews up to 10 ounces depending on how much you pour in. Perfect for the toy hauler.

River Runnin

Reaction score
That's lot of read'n!..... Plus I just can't get past the pink!! :AnAwesomeEmojiGoHereMaybeSome Day:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I cant really drink,coffee during the week or else I'm on the shitter for half the day. So... Monster for me evert morning. Except Sundays.... Then its coffee with Bailey's and Fireball. Great weekend wake up drink.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

lebel409

Reaction score
My Wife is like Ziggy, likes the smell but can't drink it. I used to not be without coffee...then I started getting the shakes and having issues sleeping so I stay at one pot, 4 cups. I agree that the Starbucks instant is crap. When camping I use a MSR filter and my regular coffee (Llave). I can't do the flavored coffee's, weird chemical taste like decaf.

I really hate the disposable aspect of the Kuerig.

sintax

Reaction score
My Wife is like Ziggy, likes the smell but can't drink it. I used to not be without coffee...then I started getting the shakes and having issues sleeping so I stay at one pot, 4 cups. I agree that the Starbucks instant is crap. When camping I use a MSR filter and my regular coffee (Llave). I can't do the flavored coffee's, weird chemical taste like decaf.

I really hate the disposable aspect of the Kuerig.

I'm a backpacker and have really grown accustomed to my morning coffee, the only instant one that I can really say I like is this Mount Hagen one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HQLCJS/

I did find that my local coffee shop (Augies in Riverside) made some instant coffee from their own brew, I bought some to try on my next trip, but I got a feeling I wont be able to get it again ever.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm a backpacker and have really grown accustomed to my morning coffee, the only instant one that I can really say I like is this Mount Hagen one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HQLCJS/

I did find that my local coffee shop (Augies in Riverside) made some instant coffee from their own brew, I bought some to try on my next trip, but I got a feeling I wont be able to get it again ever.
Talk to the guy at the Daily brew right down the street from you, next door to the sushi joint.
He might be up to that idea of Making an instant?

darkblue

Reaction score
Peet’s dark roast is the best

Eight O’Clock is good too and usually cheaper

termiteguy

Reaction score
That's me but my wife doesn't drink it at all either but all of our adult children do for me it's 5 hour energy drinks and I do like the way coffee smells brewing

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Nespresso machines, the one the right travels with us. Love coffee in the morning.

1D8CB98B-02C1-4CDE-A3BB-EA553455D04F.jpeg

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Something about the flavor of coffee that comes out of a Keurig that is just wrong. It's like it has a hole in the taste.

I'm a percolator guy. I have an old Farberware 8 cup that I use every day. 6 minutes and it's done and piping hot.

Coffee pot.jpg

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Elk's lodges are the best! You really do meet some great/interesting people to say the least. We joined the Needles Elks about 5 years ago and try to visit different ones all over the place. Not many bars you can have 5 drinks for about $18 bucks.