WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Campland

Carrera205

Reaction score
Been checking out camp land in SD online. Has anyone been there? Whats it like, whens the best time to go ect.

nrbr

Reaction score
We went last year with the kids and had a blast!! We were going to go to the zoo but there was so much to do there we just never left!

yz450mm

Reaction score
X2 on what Ziggy said...however, I would highly recommend a day trip down there or a single overnighter to check out the different spots. The sections are a lot different from each other, and it seems like the vibe is different in each section. You wouldn't want to book a long weekend and hate where you were camped.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

just_floatin

Reaction score
Nice accommodation near the water although spaces are tight. Many weekend RV rentals. If noise and loud music are an issue and peace and quiet is your goal. This is not the place.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Nice place. Decent amenities. Kids activities.
Good location to bike all over mission bay
What zig said , been a while for us , check out the rules I’m sure they have changed

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As some said different sections have different vibe. The tent/rv areas are usually more bustling with kids with a bit more elbow space and dirt.
Then you have the paved rv areas which always felt more subdued and side by side with the next rv.

Community

Reaction score
With a boat you can run over to Barefoot Bar and Grill. Killer patio, small sharks in their ponds, cool place to grab a drink and some food. Never stayed there but we picked people up to take over to Barefoot.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Nice accommodation near the water although spaces are tight. Many weekend RV rentals. If noise and loud music are an issue and peace and quiet is your goal. This is not the place.
I like to mix it up with people so I think Ill be about it.

Carrera205

Reaction score
As some said different sections have different vibe. The tent/rv areas are usually more bustling with kids with a bit more elbow space and dirt.
Then you have the paved rv areas which always felt more subdued and side by side with the next rv.
I was looking at section B by the park. Id prefer grass over dirt for sure.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Im gonna do the weekend before Halloween I wonder if there will be anything for the kiddos that weekend?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was looking at section B by the park. Id prefer grass over dirt for sure.
I can't recall sections by letter but I liked where I was parked on pavement backed up to the big grass area near office.
That large grass area is where they did some kid activities.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Im gonna do the weekend before Halloween I wonder if there will be anything for the kiddos that weekend?
Always something for the kids going on. Don’t know if they have live bands so far into the fall, but that is always a good time.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I usually stay in the Bayview section. Anything near the skatepark or grass is a mad house and that’s where they do the kid concerts and activities.

Carrera205

Reaction score
I just booked a full hookup spot next to the pool. Looks like Im gona need a golf cart seems like everyone is rolling around in one there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just booked a full hookup spot next to the pool. Looks like Im gona need a golf cart seems like everyone is rolling around in one there.
Maybe some of the long term residents by the canal have them. It's not that big, you can get from one end to the other on bike in a couple minutes.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Maybe some of the long term residents by the canal have them. It's not that big, you can get from one end to the other on bike in a couple minutes.
Bike or long board, golf carts just get in the way. Also no place to park them if it is full.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If you enjoy super tiny RV spots and being packed in like sardines while paying a premium it’s awesome!!

Lots for the kids to do though.

Singleton

Reaction score
Avoid the blacktop area - spots are tight.
Spots by the dog park are Ok, but can smell if no wind.
Spots by pool or west of pool around grass are good.
Spots by the clubhouse and stage get loud.

We usually stay by the dog park. At 35’ we are limited to where we can park.

Get place for kids!

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Stayed at mission bay right next door and rode over to campland depends what your looking for? Mission bay was pretty mellow compared to campland. Campland seemed like the old crazy horse type of campground.
This ^^^^^

Personally I prefer Mission bay but I'm an old fart and like a more peaceful quiet camp.. True, at MB the sites are close to each other but security keeps the noise in check.

MB attracts a lot of younger kid families, Campland attracts an older kid crowd... A lot of group activities

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Mission bay is way nicer and way quieter. Not as many kids activities but plenty to do. If you enjoy 04 Escalades packed full of raiders fans blasting music while cruising the park then campland is your spot. Our family enjoys mission bay park. Bummed we didn’t go this year

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’ve been doing camp land for 20 plus years. Love it. That being said, I just landed my rig at mission bay for my son to live in while he goes to college in Mira mar. It’s a little tighter for my rig, way quieter. They also have security guards rolling in cars and bikes all night. I used to launch a canoe with a trolling motor on it and go fishing at the launch ramp at camp land when I would go there. The pools are nice, but the hot tubs can be scummy at times. And the old ladies do their jazersize in the mornings, and that is annoying as shit. Other than that, I’ll keep going back, it is super fun. It’s like a 45 minute ride to pb, and you can bar hop on bikes all day. Or get the rental scooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Interesting. I had no idea De Anza Trailer Park changed it's name to Mission Bay RV Park. They were supposed to build resort hotels on that site according to plans drawn up about 45 years ago.

K-DOG

Reaction score
Interesting. I had no idea De Anza Trailer Park changed it's name to Mission Bay RV Park. They were supposed to build resort hotels on that site according to plans drawn up about 45 years ago.

The De Anza Trailer park is still there but has been vacant for a few years and they are finally cleaning out all the old trailers. Campland will be expanding to all those spots.

wayniac

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a nice spot. We like those spaces a lot because they back into the grass, and its good for setting up games and tossing the football around etc. I think its actually going to be quieter than you think. They have a little skate park for the kids thats fun. I believe concerts and stuff are over after summer. Its a pretty easy and protected ride to crown point and you can take that all the way to plenty of bars and food. We like to head to the roller coaster, and get some ice cream.

kiethco

Reaction score
We go down every September for the Parrothead fest. This is our camp last weekend. We bring boats, slips are just feet away, I bring my buggy for trips in to town or Bali High Mai-Tais. The campground has a bar and restaurant and music on weekends, call for a list of entertainment.
We have the front row by the bar/restaurant reserved through 2021. It's quiter back in the tree canopy spots, they'll accommodate your style of camping. Campland is seriously one of the best RV parks we've been to. Laid back river vibe for sure. Book early.
20190921_181501 (1).jpg

Keymyster

Reaction score
My brother in law just got back from there. Stayed for 3 nights. Said there was Parrot heads there.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We’ve been several times. My favorite was St patty’s weekend, they had a killer a Green Day tribute band that was spot on! Bay view closer to the marina launch is our favorite spot. We ride bikes all over the place there. If there’s no one skating in the bowls there, our RC trucks are fun to rip in there. If you are staying in SD to do amusement park stuff, check out the SD GO Card. Great discounts on parks, zoo, and museums.