WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can a flu shot make you test positive for the china virus?

ridebig

Reaction score
I don't ever get a flu shot. What are the chances someone that does feels sick afterwords and get's a test for the virus? With some of the reported spikes I think it could give a false positive. What does the brain trust say?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
No, COVID isn't influenza... Though you might exhibit COVID like symptoms, which are similar to the flu.

I wouldn't be surprised though, that if you have a cold that you'd test positive for COVID.

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
Saw my Dr. last week for a physical exam (like 5 months late due to the CV). He advised I get a flu shot (I’m old), he said due to the strain this years shot is quite a bit stronger. The damn shot hit me pretty good that night with typical flu symptoms, but next day I was fine.
I asked him a similar question, will this damn shot give me the CV. He said no, some of the flu symptoms are similar to those of the China virus but the tests can differentiate the type.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't ever get a flu shot. What are the chances someone that does feels sick afterwords and get's a test for the virus? With some of the reported spikes I think it could give a false positive. What does the brain trust say?
No, COVID isn't influenza... Though you might exhibit COVID like symptoms, which are similar to the flu.

I wouldn't be surprised though, that if you have a cold that you'd test positive for COVID.
Saw my Dr. last week for a physical exam (like 5 months late due to the CV). He advised I get a flu shot (I’m old), he said due to the strain this years shot is quite a bit stronger. The damn shot hit me pretty good that night with typical flu symptoms, but next day I was fine.
I asked him a similar question, will this damn shot give me the CV. He said no, some of the flu symptoms are similar to those of the China virus but the tests can differentiate the type.
Regardless of the effectiveness of the flu shot or my opinions of it, the CDC has already said that a cold or some flu strains can give a false positive for the Rona.

So, according to the CDC, yes.... it could give a false positive.

Spay-n-sand, it won't GIVE you covid, it can give a false positive on a covid test though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score

Did you get the 65+ Hi-dose version ?
For three years I've gotten the flu shot at my doc's, for three years no flu -- coincidence ?? Wife, same story, she gets hers at work.
This year it's a Quad-dose for four types, instead of the normal triple ( Sorry, not up on all the fancy names), regular dose for under 65 and High Dose for 65+ ---but the high dose is 4X stronger than the regular. My regular old-guy doc friggin retired, so I suppose I'll head to CVS, but according to my previous doc's assistant, I was getting standard doses, not the senior version. So I'm a bit nervous about getting the 4X dose this year. Never had so much as a sore arm in the past.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For three years I've gotten the flu shot at my doc's, for three years no flu -- coincidence ?? Wife, same story, she gets hers at work.
This year it's a Quad-dose for four types, instead of the normal triple ( Sorry, not up on all the fancy names), regular dose for under 65 and High Dose for 65+ ---but the high dose is 4X stronger than the regular. My regular old-guy doc friggin retired, so I suppose I'll head to CVS, but according to my previous doc's assistant, I was getting standard doses, not the senior version. So I'm a bit nervous about getting the 4X dose this year. Never had so much as a sore arm in the past.
Did you used to get the flu every year before?

Either way, I would definitely not allow them to inject a stronger version of it.

These Vaccines are NOT tested by the FDA like any other medicine is, so a stronger version (more shit for your body to process) is NOT. a good idea.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I'm nervous that they might have some type of covid vaccine tied into the annual flu shot.
Ok, I understand and appreciate your insight. For the first time required at my work and I’m concerned.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I too would be concerned and anticipate that the flu shot as well as the covid vaccine will be work requirements soon.

Ok, I understand and appreciate your insight. For the first time required at my work and I’m concerned.

Taboma

Reaction score
Did you used to get the flu every year before?

Either way, I would definitely not allow them to inject a stronger version of it.

These Vaccines are NOT tested by the FDA like any other medicine is, so a stronger version (more shit for your body to process) is NOT. a good idea.

Nope, previously I'd never gotten the shot. But after suffering the flu season after season and a couple of those being particularly nasty, I decided since my wife started getting them at work, I'd get the shot as well. Anyway, help or luck, or being extra cautious, we've been flu free for three years now. Plus since they started administering them at wife's work, it seems to be helping her co-workers.
This year, who knows what's in store. :oops:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Nope, previously I'd never gotten the shot. But after suffering the flu season after season and a couple of those being particularly nasty, I decided since my wife started getting them at work, I'd get the shot as well. Anyway, help or luck, or being extra cautious, we've been flu free for three years now. Plus since they started administering them at wife's work, it seems to be helping her co-workers.
This year, who knows what's in store. :oops:
Funny. I used to get the flu shot. Then realized every year I did, I got the flu pretty bad. So I stopped. And I've been flu free for somewhere around 10 years. Kids haven't had it either for at least that long. Service industry so I'm dealing with all walks of life daily. I really think it has to do with something they use in those shots that simply does not agree with my body chemistry.

Taboma

Reaction score
Funny. I used to get the flu shot. Then realized every year I did, I got the flu pretty bad. So I stopped. And I've been flu free for somewhere around 10 years. Kids haven't had it either for at least that long. Service industry so I'm dealing with all walks of life daily. I really think it has to do with something they use in those shots that simply does not agree with my body chemistry.

I'm on the fence this year, since we're already on a no touch feely basis with my own middle aged kids and spouses. Plus trying to maintain plenty of distance when we poke our noses into public places.
Wife's still working from home, just don't know for how long. I really don't know if it helps or not --- I do know that the FDA has approved releasing the vaccine lots for 11 different varieties, this season. A few of those are a newly approved Euro-version using a different base.
Your herd Immunity (Just wanted to use that term in a sentence 😁 ) is probably much better than mine, since you're dealing up close and personal with the public and I'm more up close and personal with my landscaping, since I retired from contracting to become an unpaid gardener. Ahhhh, the Golden Years 🙄

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
They say the flu shot can sometimes give you flu symptoms.

I got the flu shot for about 4 or 5 years in the late 90's & early 2000's. I never got symptoms from the shot.

Then, I didn't get a flu shot until a few years ago, when work started requiring it.

I don't get the flu with the flu shot, or without. I got the Flu in 1998, and again in 2006, and haven't had it since. Both times I was really sick. 2006 I didn't leave the house for 2 weeks, and didn't leave my bedroom for 8 days ( I think it may have been the Bird Flu).

Anyways, I don't want to get a flu shot this year for the same reason RR mentioned.

Sent From Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember the last time I had an actual flu. I've never gotten the flu shot. My last job I did a lot of work at a hospital servicing and maintaining the HVAC. No mask or PPE for virus/bacteria when doing so. Units running while I open the door and stand in the airstream so basically EVERYBODY's unfiltered breath on me. Never caught more than a cold.

traquer

Reaction score
FYI, they make most flu shots from chicken eggs. Inject it with whatever, let it multiply, then I assume they harvest it and process out what they need. Pretty fascinating and manual process. Hope they do a good job washing the eggs before lol

1602197635293.png

Attachments

• 1602197506587.png
    1602197506587.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
FYI, they make most flu shots from chicken eggs. Inject it with whatever, let it multiply, then I assume they harvest it and process out what they need. Pretty fascinating and manual process. Hope they do a good job washing the eggs before lol

View attachment 930329
Wow...look at all the PPE. 😂

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
Yes, I was told the 65+ version was the better choice for my needs, I’m 62, slightly overweight, hi-blood pressure, boarderline diabetic (type 2), etc. So for me it was a no brainer. Hell I even asked about the Shingles shot!
Me personally, I’m not worried about testing positive to the flu vaccine as I don’t plan on getting tested for the CV unless I have symptoms.
And yes, I get one every year, as I have for about the last 15 yrs or so.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes, I was told the 65+ version was the better choice for my needs, I’m 62, slightly overweight, hi-blood pressure, boarderline diabetic (type 2), etc. So for me it was a no brainer. Hell I even asked about the Shingles shot!
Me personally, I’m not worried about testing positive to the flu vaccine as I don’t plan on getting tested for the CV unless I have symptoms.
And yes, I get one every year, as I have for about the last 15 yrs or so.

Since you didn't mention any adverse side effects, I'll assume you had no problem in that regard. Thanks.
The shot(s) I've never had that my doctor has suggested is the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine series, PCV13 initially then PPSV 23 a year later.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Since you didn't mention any adverse side effects, I'll assume you had no problem in that regard. Thanks.
The shot(s) I've never had that my doctor has suggested is the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine series, PCV13 initially then PPSV 23 a year later.
I'm 68 and up till last year had only had one flu shot in the last twenty. Anyway got a new doctor that seems very good and is talking care of me and my wife, she kind of changed our minds on getting the vaccines. Last year we both got our first flu shots (hi dose) no flu, no side effects. This year the same, not even a sore arm. We also got the pcv 13 last year with no side effects and will probably get the 23 this year. I guess we also got worn down about the vaccines when most of our friends were getting them even though it's not cool on RDP.😅

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm 68 and up till last year had only had one flu shot in the last twenty. Anyway got a new doctor that seems very good and is talking care of me and my wife, she kind of changed our minds on getting the vaccines. Last year we both got our first flu shots (hi dose) no flu, no side effects. This year the same, not even a sore arm. We also got the pcv 13 last year with no side effects and will probably get the 23 this year. I guess we also got worn down about the vaccines when most of our friends were getting them even though it's not cool on RDP.😅

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the honest feedback. 👍👍

530RL

Reaction score
Went and got both a flu shot and shingles shot today. Friend got shingles and is really messed up so decided I didn’t want that level of suffering.

Interestingly the doctor stated they have given more flu shots by the end of September than last year in total. So the average person is speaking and taking the flu shot in record numbers. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
Went and got both a flu shot and shingles shot today. Friend got shingles and is really messed up so decided I didn’t want that level of suffering.

Interestingly the doctor stated they have given more flu shots by the end of September than last year in total. So the average person is speaking and taking the flu shot in record numbers. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
That’s what my Dr. said as well. He said his office has given more shots this year than the last few years.
LIke I said, I asked my Dr. about the shingles shot. He advised me it’s actually 2 shots, he told me 3 months apart. He did advise me he got the shots personally and the first one made him feel weak and achy For a couple days. He advised me to get it later in the week so I’d have the weekend to recuperate.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
....and the first one made him feel weak and achy For a couple days. He advised me to get it later in the week so I’d have the weekend to recuperate.

Wife and I got the first shingles shot in the spring. I felt fine but my arm hurt like hell for a few days. Wife had zero symptoms.
Get the booster this past Tuesday. I'm 100% but wife's arm is still hurts.

Wierd how it affects people.......but it's sure better than getting shingles.