WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can am doing 85 up the Cajon-WTF

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Wife saw this on FB....I guess when your on your last attendance point at work you'll do whatever it takes šŸ¤£
Cajon.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
I could picture my neighbor doing that ! It certainly does not help the cause but i respect it though . Lol

77charger

Reaction score
And they wonder why they are cracking down on SxS or any OHV in the high desert.Its one thing to hop on road to connect a trail if done so respectfuly popo may look the other way but when locals get pissed the pressure gets put on the sheriff to crack down and when they do they all cry about over enforcement.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
In my younger days there was a group of us that had Yamaha YSR50's and we rode them everywhere. We even took the freeway. :)

I actually rode it to work one day when I lived in the San Fernando Valley and worked near the Long Beach airport.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Off roading in Mexico and didn't realize he crossed the border somewhere ... and then needed to get home in a hurry? šŸ˜†

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score
SIGN ME UP!!

I rode my dirt bike to school a quit a few times in 5th and 6th grade. Stashed in the bushes then rode home(yamaha GT80). My mom and dad would tell me "if you get caught, we know nothing about it, and you didnt have permission!" Got home one day and my mom said, "I got a call from the sheriff today, says you need to slow down! If I get another call you're done!"

When I went to Jr high my parents told me no cause it was 15mi into town!

grumpy88

Reaction score
Actually it is 50 state street legal because it is legal in AZ and other states. There is a guy driving one across the country educating cops the whole way about interstate travel pacs
Do you have a kink to this ?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Having been "educated" by a nice deputy once about things...did you know they can write you a ticket for "Non-DOT approved safety belts"? As it would seem, NHRA, SFI...apparently they don't count.
The other fun ones for cars may include, but aren't limited to: DOT tires, obstruction of vision (hood scoop, and/or tach on dash), Non-CARB compliant...anything really...so on and so forth.

This guy on the freeway, probably will get no flack. Like the dirt bike crowd in south central. Blatantly break laws, and it seems you're fine. No sticker in the OHV area? Well then, time to write you up:mad:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Actually it is 50 state street legal because it is legal in AZ and other states. There is a guy driving one across the country educating cops the whole way about interstate travel pacs
I would be interested in the legal side off that argument. I have an Az plated can am and a ca DL

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Having been "educated" by a nice deputy once about things...did you know they can write you a ticket for "Non-DOT approved safety belts"? As it would seem, NHRA, SFI...apparently they don't count.
The other fun ones for cars may include, but aren't limited to: DOT tires, obstruction of vision (hood scoop, and/or tach on dash), Non-CARB compliant...anything really...so on and so forth.

This guy on the freeway, probably will get no flack. Like the dirt bike crowd in south central. Blatantly break laws, and it seems you're fine. No sticker in the OHV area? Well then, time to write you up:mad:
yep, they also can and will write you up for the /\ bar in the windshield from the roll cage. got me in my baja bug in my early 20's for it.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I remember correctly there is a guy in upland that drives his around all the time my buddy has sent me pics of him the the drive through at Starbucks

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
yep, they also can and will write you up for the /\ bar in the windshield from the roll cage. got me in my baja bug in my early 20's for it.
Yep, my buddies had prerunners in the 90's, same thing with the v-bar.

You should be able to fight that and tell them to šŸ–•!

Those "intrusion bars" are no different then the old "split windshield" when it comes to a "sight impairing" prospective to the LEO!

As long as you have a "wiper" on the windshield "hand operated" is fine. They cant do anything about the intrusion bars

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You should be able to fight that and tell them to šŸ–•!

Those "intrusion bars" are no different then the old "split windshield" when it comes to a "sight impairing" prospective to the LEO!
At the time I was getting the 2 counts of obstructed vision, I was fine with it. He heard me make a hit, but was at the speed limit by the time he found me šŸ˜‚
It was a pay to play moment!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
At the time I was getting the 2 counts of obstructed vision, I was fine with it. He heard me make a hit, but was at the speed limit by the time he found me šŸ˜‚
It was a pay to play moment!

Yep.. at that point you just lick your wounds and walk away.. I had a v8 '76 chevy luv in high school. Not your typical v8 dropped luv. It was 4x4 with 33s. Got pulled over for "excessive niose" (tire noise) and "speed racing" in a residential. Took it to court and the judge reamed the officer because in his report he stated the "never had eye contact with suspect prior to being pulled over".

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Maybe, but heā€™s gonna need a bale of money and an interstate licensed lawyer.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed just on this site is that cops REALLY like being ā€œeducatedā€ by citizens and drivers with even an elementary grasp of their rights.
Of course, he should come out money ahead after he settles the multiple lawsuits heā€™s sure to have to file!
I know I would.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I would be interested in the legal side off that argument. I have an Az plated can am and a ca DL

Yore fucked on that deal. I could see the cop going after you for any number of non DOT related stuff.

At minimum itā€™s the same ticket as towing a trailer with an out of state plate.. unless someone else owns the Can Am.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Yore fucked on that deal. I could see the cop going after you for any number of non DOT related stuff.

At minimum itā€™s the same ticket as towing a trailer with an out of state plate.. unless someone else owns the Can Am.

I ripped my AZ plated MOTARD KTM 505 XCF in SOCAL for 7 years-No Horn,No Blinkers-, never had an issue. Never got pulled over either. Yes ,a CA Driver license.(Because Ca. is f'ing awesome) šŸ¤£ If I get pulled over, It's my AZ bike, Sir! it's down here for repairs.What is the problem w/ towing an out of state plate? How do you esplain Uhaul?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I ripped my AZ plated MOTARD KTM 505 XCF in SOCAL for 7 years-No Horn,No Blinkers-, never had an issue. Never got pulled over either. Yes ,a CA Driver license.(Because Ca. is f'ing awesome) šŸ¤£ If I get pulled over, It's my AZ bike, Sir! it's down here for repairs.What is the problem w/ towing an out of state plate? How do you esplain Uhaul?

Uhaul- it ainā€™t yore truck.

Iā€™m the king of ā€œitā€™s here for repairs officerā€ my RX7 was plated in AZ. They can still give you a ticket for it if they want to if you produce a CA DL.

Be that as it may, they are not going to be kind to you driving a plated SXS on the street, you stick out like a sore thumb. Iā€™m not even sure the AZ road insurance for a SXS is valid on CA roads, youā€™d need to read your policy.

This all only matters if you get caught.

riverroyal

Reaction score
We need more of this
Kills me i cant drive mine to the beach when there are fockin golfcarts all over

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe, but heā€™s gonna need a bale of money and an interstate licensed lawyer.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed just on this site is that cops REALLY like being ā€œeducatedā€ by citizens and drivers with even an elementary grasp of their rights.
Of course, he should come out money ahead after he settles the multiple lawsuits heā€™s sure to have to file!
I know I would.

They just write him the tickets, and from the videos I saw he drives over to the court house gets it dismissed and adds it to his folder. The interactions with him and the cops are always friendly.. They just laugh it off and say "that's now how it works". Then it gets dismissed and he adds it to his pretty lengthy file of ones that were dismissed.

He was driving it all the way across America I believe.

RD