Can-am Maverick X3

Boatracer36

Reaction score
What do you guys think!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cb5505

Reaction score
""""""""""""""""GAME CHANGER"""""""""""""""
HAHAHAH . had to say it. in all reality i think can am hit it out of the park this time. They addressed some of the key problems with the normal maverick this year. i like can am i think they build a quality product. i did read the rzr forums and sounds like a lot of people are jumping ship.

renodaytona

Reaction score
This one has been in development for a while. Definitely a Game Changer. 24" of travel, 154 HP, and moved the engine back to lower the seats and center of gravity. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I guess this is gonna be this seasons hot ticket? I'm just glad I sold our two RZR-T's before this whole recall came down. Wonder if they'll be at the SSSS next month ?

renodaytona

Reaction score
Can-am should have a large booth with these X3's displayed at SSSS.

Boatracer36

Reaction score
I think they killed it also. Can't wait to drive one!!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
V Twin. Interesting.

The Yahama now has and electric clutch and paddle shifters and is faster than the 2016's.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Just bought my 3rd teryx. I don't do the dunes, i do desert and hunting. The teryx is a beast and doesn't bend or break. Plus it came with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.

Reactions: KAP

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Interesting. Rear engine, I wonder how the weight distribution is with that. The seats seemed pretty much even between the tires so I'm guessing the front end is pretty damn light. 3" diameter shocks for a car that weighs what, 2500 lbs?

renodaytona

Reaction score
S3 Racing's new Maverick X3 ready for battle in the Vegas to Reno.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 49

renodaytona

Reaction score
Murray Racings X3 running it at Vegas to Reno race starts tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 47

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
I think this is a best looking SxS on market today and if it performs as well it sounds like it will this machine is the game changer and has vaulted this machine ahead of them all. It reminds me of a high priced Sand Car. Price tag is going to be crazy I bet because of demand.

Attachments

• Sand Car.jpg
    Sand Car.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49

Patyacht

Reaction score
This one has been in development for a while. Definitely a Game Changer. 24" of travel, 154 HP, and moved the engine back to lower the seats and center of gravity. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

To get the 24" of travel you have to get the RS model which is also 72" wide AND $26,699 base $$. The other 2 models (X3 and the X3DS) have only 20" of travel and are 64" wide like the RZR. The only model that comes with the advertised 3.0 Fox shocks is also the RS model and the 3.0 shocks are only on the rear. Just a few hidden facts.

P.S. I wish they would have kept the base prices down to really put a pinch on this over priced industry but they didn't so expect the others to follow unless they are really hurting. JMHO.

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
To get the 24" of travel you have to get the RS model which is also 72" wide AND $26,699 base $$. The other 2 models (X3 and the X3DS) have only 20" of travel and are 64" wide like the RZR. The only model that comes with the advertised 3.0 Fox shocks is also the RS model and the 3.0 shocks are only on the rear. Just a few hidden facts.

P.S. I wish they would have kept the base prices down to really put a pinch on this over priced industry but they didn't so expect the others to follow unless they are really hurting. JMHO.

But take the Razor and go long arm and better shocks and I bet you're about the same number. So for $4K to get more travel and wider stance better rear shocks makes sense to me.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That thing in a 4 seater would be the shit. They really did hit it out of the park!

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anything on a 4 seater model. Did Can Am release any news or talk about a 4 seater?

2Driver

Reaction score
Looks nice.

What's the 02 on can am reliability?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anything on a 4 seater model. Did Can Am release any news or talk about a 4 seater?

Not yet but their answer was they plan on releasing a new model every 6 months until 2020.

We have a Rzr Turbo and now a X3 so that'll help us decide on what 4 seater version to get.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cant wait to hear what you think of it? When do you take delivery? Also what is the stock tire size?

They promised mid to late Sept.
29" tires on the RS which is quite a step up and suspension enhancement from the 26" on a vehicle this size.
3 cyl turbocharged.
Frame pre gusseted / pre drilled for aftermarket cages.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Man, fully accessorized with everything you need out the door closing in on 40?

You mean $40 K OTD?
No where near that.
It'll roll into our Toy Hauler under $30K.

Just lights, belts and a bumper that I install myself and a slight discount off the MSRP.

Comes with the roof and bead locks.

I'll work out a deal with Dave at FST at the Sand Show.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
You mean $40 K OTD?
No where near that.
It'll roll into our Toy Hauler under $30K.

Just lights, belts and a bumper that I install myself and a slight discount off the MSRP.

Comes with the roof and bead locks.

I'll work out a deal with Dave at FST at the Sand Show.

You have this SXS thing nailed.

We will be buying a 4 seater next year. I will be waiting for your review!

2Driver

Reaction score
Pretty nice you don't have to dump a ton of money in aftermarket to get it where it needs to be. LOL but that wont stop some.

renodaytona

Reaction score
That guy is running V@R with an open face helmet? that's insane!

That S3 racing set up is over the top sick!

That's Jason Murray in the passenger seat, Derek Murray driving. Jason wears his old school open face Can-am helmet during testing. This was a video/test session when they finished up the build. They are off the line tomorrow morning running from Alamo to Tonopah. Then Satruday the race starts in Tonopah and ends in Dayton.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wow...so roll cage, light bar, wheels are all stock out of the box? That's impressive!

It's what they tell me but these are the same guys that when our special order Harley arrived from the factory, they rolled it out on the showroom floor and sold it out from under us.
The deposit is refundable BTW.

maverick_x3_xds_turbo_r_triple_black_-_dunes_2.jpg

2017_maverick_x3_x_ds_turbo_r_triple_black_top.jpg

maverick_x3_xds_turbo_r_circuit_yellow_-_dunes_4_0.jpg

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
It's what they tell me but these are the same guys that when our special order Harley arrived from the factory, they rolled it out on the showroom floor and sold it out from under us.
The deposit is refundable BTW.

Got it. I will wait to see your pics for the truth!

Quicksilver

Reaction score
The owners of the latest turbos are happy goes their tales.

I have a 2016 Maverick Max XDS I bought 6 months ago. Its a turbo and I have put 500 miles on it without a problem. This X3 looks badass but I need a 4 seater for the family. My only complaint is cabin heat but the new x3 should be better with the rear engine.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Maverick Max XDS I bought 6 months ago. Its a turbo and I have put 500 miles on it without a problem. This X3 looks badass but I need a 4 seater for the family. My only complaint is cabin heat but the new x3 should be better with the rear engine.

Believe me that if I can secure a better OTD deal in writing at the Sand Show I'll go collect my deposit.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They'll be $50k at Berts haha.

Berts; "Where Customers Go to Die"
They've never honored any deal struck at the Sand Show with our friends.
The boat show either.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Murray Racing in the new X3 is in first place with 50 miles to go at V2R.

Murrays were the first Pro Unlimited UTV to get to the finishing point for day 1. They finished in 7th physical into Tonopah in the Pro Turbo class in their XDS #917.

S3 Racing didn't have a good day at all in their X3:

Attachments

• S3 Racing Maverick X3.jpg
    S3 Racing Maverick X3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 204