WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can Am peeps

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
So , I bought a 20 turbo r, never been in one of these sxs. Is it normal that they turn 4800rpm when your only going 30 mph? Seems like it’s reving pretty high just driving around town. Stomp on it, it goes like a bat otta hell.

Reactions: DWC

TVMNick

Reaction score
So , I bought a 20 turbo r, never been in one of these sxs. Is it normal that they turn 4800rpm when your only going 30 mph? Seems like it’s reving pretty high just driving around town. Stomp on it, it goes like a bat otta hell.

Yes, completely normal for that speed. Just a by product of the CVT transmission!

Enjoy your new Can-Am, you will love it!

TVMNick

Reaction score

Post a pic of your new machine too!

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
113CF1BD-EE36-4CDE-982A-3804F50B64B1.jpeg
85CF3273-D68E-4273-BB3D-4541F72EFCD4.jpeg
00E540E8-BE64-4464-BDD5-4D2AE0A4CFA5.jpeg
113CF1BD-EE36-4CDE-982A-3804F50B64B1.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Make sure you're in high range.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Make sure you're in high range.
I’m not a complete idiot, but it might be debatable. 1st off, I have spent a lot of time in a 17 YXZ.(my part time neighbors)
That being said, I go by this Can Am, the dealer gives me the quick run down, the green key means go, the white key will only let the thing go 45mph. So the green key is in it, I get it home and plan a few heat cycles before I beat the crap out of it. So drove it around bison and area north of the house, drive it on the road some, up and down the throttle, not holding any rpm, making the blow off valve go off, over and over,” I love that sound”. I’m not too impressed with the power. The next day I go down to kiowa store to put some gas in it, head back to the house and put the hammer down, not too impressed up to 45, and that’s all she has. I’m a old hot rod guy, the last thing I do is read the instructions. So I open up the manual, to find out the go key is the gray one,”.looks white”. I also read in there it’s got this ,”econo mod”. Sure enough, it’s in econo too. So needless to say, the gray key and put it into performance mode, the damn thing can actually scare ya at 90 with such a short wheelbase.
I know ur saying,”what a dumb fuck”. But it’s a funny story, and I don’t know any of you.

DWC

Reaction score
Definitely a huge difference between keys and eco/sport mode. Enjoy the new ride. Looks awesome.

DLC

Reaction score
I like the Rippin Red! Congratulations!

last year my 1st real ride was the Lake Alamo ride, so I thought I had the high performance key in it and we are heading down the highway at a whopping 45!

F That!!! Good thing I brought both keys!

it shits and GETs with the right key in it!

once you get the hang of It, they are fun rides. I love to Tokyo drift mine in the corners! Vin would be proud!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I like the Rippin Red! Congratulations!

last year my 1st real ride was the Lake Alamo ride, so I thought I had the high performance key in it and we are heading down the highway at a whopping 45!

F That!!! Good thing I brought both keys!

it shits and GETs with the right key in it!

once you get the hang of It, they are fun rides. I love to Tokyo drift mine in the corners! Vin would be proud!
Have you put it on 2 wheels tho?

Reactions: DLC

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Definitely a huge difference between keys and eco/sport mode. Enjoy the new ride. Looks awesome.

Truth- We are were out on a ride over New years and someone green keyed me at night. I thought the damn thing was broken until I figured it out someone swapped the keys. Probably was the wife but she wont admit it:) I pulled over and swapped them back

Albert

Reaction score
Make sure you grease those hubs , maybe they started greasing them on the 2020 mdls ?

Reactions: TPC

DLC

Reaction score
Have you put it on 2 wheels tho?

yes, I do it all the time when I wheelie!
Frt tires only that’s how men do it...

I will even cross up the frt tires like on a motorcycle or a quad....

I have been on side to side 2 wheels left to right or right to left.

One time it worked out great it was impressive, because we had witnesses. It was at night we had a full tank of gas and we had our sunglasses on, ok goggles!!

the other time not so impressive and there were no witnesses just lots of body damage....

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I’m not a complete idiot, but it might be debatable. 1st off, I have spent a lot of time in a 17 YXZ.(my part time neighbors)
That being said, I go by this Can Am, the dealer gives me the quick run down, the green key means go, the white key will only let the thing go 45mph. So the green key is in it, I get it home and plan a few heat cycles before I beat the crap out of it. So drove it around bison and area north of the house, drive it on the road some, up and down the throttle, not holding any rpm, making the blow off valve go off, over and over,” I love that sound”. I’m not too impressed with the power. The next day I go down to kiowa store to put some gas in it, head back to the house and put the hammer down, not too impressed up to 45, and that’s all she has. I’m a old hot rod guy, the last thing I do is read the instructions. So I open up the manual, to find out the go key is the gray one,”.looks white”. I also read in there it’s got this ,”econo mod”. Sure enough, it’s in econo too. So needless to say, the gray key and put it into performance mode, the damn thing can actually scare ya at 90 with such a short wheelbase.
I know ur saying,”what a dumb fuck”. But it’s a funny story, and I don’t know any of you.
Don’t worry about feeling like an idiot. I rented one. Had to google where the F’n gas cap was. :D

Last edited:

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Don’t worry about feeling lime an idiot. I rented one. Had to google where the F’n gas cap was. :D
Oh ya, had the guy not shown me, I hear ya there.

riverroyal

Reaction score
That’s a good looking down payment on the accessories :) I was certain I wouldn’t spend much after I bought. Another lie to myself

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That’s a good looking down payment on the accessories :) I was certain I wouldn’t spend much after I bought. Another lie to myself

I thought the car was just the storage for the accessories?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You mean the wheels?

IupXAI8.jpg

I grease my 2018 every 1000 miles.
First set of wheel bearings grenaded around the first oil change.
Dunno about the 2020's.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Oh ya, had the guy not shown me, I hear ya there.

I rented one before I bought. The renter took the plastic “cover” off after too many calls asking where it was lol

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I've rented the four seater over New Years Eve, so this time I decided to rent the two seater for our next trip out for a comparison. I'm wanting to buy one for the next riding season and want to get a good comparison on handling & ride. Its just me and the better half and don't really need a four seater but it would be nice to have if friends wanted to ride along. Plus with a four seater you have extra cargo room by utilizing the back seat.

DWC

Reaction score
I've rented the four seater over New Years Eve, so this time I decided to rent the two seater for our next trip out for a comparison. I'm wanting to buy one for the next riding season and want to get a good comparison on handling & ride. Its just me and the better half and don't really need a four seater but it would be nice to have if friends wanted to ride along. Plus with a four seater you have extra cargo room by utilizing the back seat.
Interested in hearing what you think about the difference in the two. We did the 4 seater for the same reason.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Yep exactly.

From a performance perspective, the 2 seat Can Am is right in the sweet spot wheelbase wise, and will feel a lot more nimble. DLC converted his 4 seater into a 2 seater and put a spare tire mount and storage rack where the back seat was. It is a really cool setup, because the Can Ams don't have really good solutions for mounting a spare tire and keeping a good amount of space in the bed.

If you see yourself doing longer expedition style trips, you'll definitely want the 4 seater.