Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Well Travis picked Can Am 😆
01ACD21C-8CEC-46CB-A9BD-44F9FF5E851B.jpeg
42387405-62FC-45F3-8A2A-CF1705A9568F.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I can fit over 30 drinks with ice in two soft ice chests. Tools, jack, and assorted crap are under the seats.
I haven't needed to use the dead space in the center of the wheel yet.
Works for me...

That’s good!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I definitely want to drive the can am to see if i like it. Not being able to see over the front end doesn’t bother me, i couldn’t see over the front end of the sand car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They come stock with seats in low position. Takes 15 min to raise them

riverroyal

Reaction score
Also,,I have a spare a cooler and 2 speaker pods. I can see enough behind. Just get good big side mirrors. It's not a issue

Reactions: DLC

gqchris

Reaction score
They come stock with seats in low position. Takes 15 min to raise them

Everyone I have seen that me or my friends have bought has been in the high position from factory. Weird

TOBTEK

Reaction score
What’s the deal with all the Razors catching on fire? Seems like a few more every week on Insta. Is this a thing with the Polaris’s, or more of a thing with dumb ass owners?

We have two rides on a 2020 Can Am RC RR. Impressed to say the least.

IMG_6563.jpg

This was on Friday. Then........
IMG_6582.jpg

The oldest drove it all day Sat at Rockitia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Prices and deals are still kinda stiff now they’ll start softening up in a month or two.
We’re picking up a 4 seat Max RDP RR when they do.
Bigger tires then plug n play.

Reactions: DWC

NicPaus

Reaction score
Id recommend a 4 seat rzr. Theres a very clean one for sale here in the RDP classifieds.

Is it down to the 13k range yet? I am on the fence going new or just paying cash for a clean used 1. Not sure I want to dump 40k in a side by side after I totaled the last 1 and lost that much.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
im what you would call big boned...

He is as well..

I'm kinda surprised you said you don't fit in a Can Am.. Of the ones on the market right now I think they are the biggest inside?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That was one of the big reasons I loved my ranger was it was huge inside. No rubbing shoulders etc..

The can am is wide inside and and you don’t feel like your cuddling.. Thst said as @LargeOrangeFont siad they are big cats and not nearly as nimble as a 1000 turbo..

Rbcconst

Reaction score
That was one of the big reasons I loved my ranger was it was huge inside. No rubbing shoulders etc..

The can am is wide inside and and you don’t feel like your cuddling.. Thst said as @LargeOrangeFont siad they are big cats and not nearly as nimble as a 1000 turbo..

How do you feel about it in comparison to the ranger? I really wanted to build a ranger but not finding enough availability on long travel kits. I want 20” of travel and nothing out there comes close to it in a ranger.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How do you feel about it in comparison to the ranger? I really wanted to build a ranger but not finding enough availability on long travel kits. I want 20” of travel and nothing out there comes close to it in a ranger.

If you want that kind of travel you are in a RZR Turbo S or a 72” Can Am.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
If you want that kind of travel you are in a RZR Turbo S or a 72” Can Am.

Thank you. Ill check both of those out.

With an aftermarket kit like the hcr can i modify a regular 1000 turbo to get that travel? Im not a fan of the strength on either ones stock arms so whatever i end up with i will take off the stock.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
And remember the most important point, that video of @RiverDave can am getting smoked by a rzr doesn’t happen in real life 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thank you. Ill check both of those out.

With an aftermarket kit like the hcr can i modify a regular 1000 turbo to get that travel? Im not a fan of the strength on either ones stock arms so whatever i end up with i will take off the stock.

Yea, with a long travel kit on a 64" car you are there with regards to travel, and you will also need shocks or at a minimum springs, depending on the kit.. But you'll be money ahead just buying a 72" wide Turbo S I think. All the components are beefier than a regular RZR. But that still leaves you with the same interior space concerns in the RZR.

Making a 64" car into a 72" car is a ton of coin, and they have less resale value. You might look into finding a used long travel 1000 or Turbo at that point.

With the Can Am, you are looking at just buying replacement arms. You can do the same with the Turbo S.

If you are going to replace all the suspension anyway, you are making a case for the RZR ProXP and just getting a long travel kit for it. Downside is that certainly a factory 72" model is coming soon. Upside is that yours will likely be stronger.

The HCR kit uses TurboS axles and hubs, and you can get by with only a spring change on the factory shocks.

Photo_Oct_01_4_17_26_PM-2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Just for the record it's a 925cc turbo, not 1000.
For the limited time I rode in a 2 seat can am my initial observation was it's LOUD inside. Not that any of them are quiet and i guess mine being a 4 seater has the motor further back.
The can am 4 seater is just too big for our type of riding.
My next rzr will be a turbo. Not for the power but the motor internals , driveshafts, and clutch are better and no reverse chain
The small price difference makes it a better buy
I like the 4 seater even though 99% of our riding is the 2 of us. The longer wheel base for the ride and extra room is a plus.
My biggest gripe on the rzr is where you put your left foot on the floorboard. Drives me nuts on long rides. if you try and stretch out you're foot is behind the brake pedal. Not as big a deal for the passenger.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And remember the most important point, that video of @RiverDave can am getting smoked by a rzr doesn’t happen in real life 😂

The Can Am has a limited launch to keep people from burning up belts etc.. You can push the override switch and bypass that. I didn't do that in either one of those runs, but rest assured I was gonna do that on the third and leave that god damn rzr in the rear view where it belongs.. LOL.

William didn't want to run a 3rd time. Said his shit was gonna blow up because he had it set on kill and wasn't running race gas..

I'm down to run again whenever wherever.. LOL. If I put my stock tires on, forget about it.. Stage bazillion rzr against a Canned Ham, and that Canned ham is gonna come out on top.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea, with a long travel kit on a 64" car you are there with regards to travel, and you will also need shocks or at a minimum springs, depending on the kit.. But you'll be money ahead just buying a 72" wide Turbo S I think. All the components are beefier than a regular RZR. But that still leaves you with the same interior space concerns in the RZR.

Making a 64" car into a 72" car is a ton of coin, and they have less resale value. You might look into finding a used long travel 1000 or Turbo at that point.

With the Can Am, you are looking at just buying replacement arms. You can do the same with the Turbo S.

If you are going to replace all the suspension anyway, you are making a case for the RZR ProXP and just getting a long travel kit for it. Downside is that certainly a factory 72" model is coming soon. Upside is that yours will likely be stronger.

The HCR kit uses TurboS axles and hubs, and you can get by with only a spring change on the factory shocks.

Photo_Oct_01_4_17_26_PM-2_1024x1024.jpg

For the life of me I can't figure out what Polaris was thinking when they designed the front end of that thing.. It's like it hit every ugly tree in the design process. LOL

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For the life of me I can't figure out what Polaris was thinking when they designed the front end of that thing.. It's like it hit every ugly tree in the design process. LOL

RD

It looks better than a new Chevy truck. But that isn't saying much.

Maybe it is growing on me, but it looks.... ok.

I would not advise anyone to buy a first year Polaris anything.. but from an interior perspective, overall design, fit and finish and comfort in a "turbo" 4 seat SXS, I think the pro XP is the best out there.. with or without all the electronic doo dads.

I really liked the Kawasaki.. but no 4 seater, and it is not any faster than a 1000 RZR.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It looks better than a new Chevy truck. But that isn't saying much.

Maybe it is growing on me, but it looks.... ok.

I would not advise anyone to buy a first year Polaris anything.. but from an interior perspective, overall design, fit and finish and comfort in a "turbo" 4 seat SXS, I think the pro XP is the best out there.. with or without all the electronic doo dads.

I really liked the Kawasaki.. but no 4 seater, and it is not any faster than a 1000 RZR.

That hoop front bumper thing looks like a joke to me... and the rest of it is just fugly. I dunno I really liked the Turbo S and thought it was one of the best looking SXS's out there.. but this thing they went way backwards on it to me.

I remember when the Teryx switched over to ugly, and I said I'd never own one after they made them with those weird ass headlights etc.. LOL. I loved my old Teryx as well (year before they went ugly)

RD

NicPaus

Reaction score
Carson trailer just called and my new 14' trailer is ready for pickup. Time to start looking to buy again. I liked the rzr s and can am until I sat in the pro XP. All 3 were over 30k otd that was a few months ago.

Looking to buy a 4 seater.

Clearmax

Reaction score
The Can Am has a limited launch to keep people from burning up belts etc.. You can push the override switch and bypass that. I didn't do that in either one of those runs, but rest assured I was gonna do that on the third and leave that god damn rzr in the rear view where it belongs.. LOL.

William didn't want to run a 3rd time. Said his shit was gonna blow up because he had it set on kill and wasn't running race gas..

I'm down to run again whenever wherever.. LOL. If I put my stock tires on, forget about it.. Stage bazillion rzr against a Canned Ham, and that Canned ham is gonna come out on top.

RD
I will run you this weekend or next weekend. loser buys dinner. It will be on Facebook live for everyone to see.

riverroyal

Reaction score
2 seat can am is real loud. But you wont notice with a massive sound system. I cant hear the motor any more

LowRiver2

Reaction score

RD

Take a rzr on dual width trail with whoops and let the maverick suspension do the talking....

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Razor struggled can am x3 had no problem

Attachments

• IMG_1725.MOV
    45.7 MB

riverroyal

Reaction score
Carson trailer just called and my new 14' trailer is ready for pickup. Time to start looking to buy again. I liked the rzr s and can am until I sat in the pro XP. All 3 were over 30k otd that was a few months ago.

Looking to buy a 4 seater.
Please post trailer pic. Next on my list to buy

NicPaus

Reaction score
Please post trailer pic. Next on my list to buy
It's a little over kill for a SXS but it will double as a skid steer trailer. 9,995 gvwr with brakes on both axles all Diamond plate deck. Going to try and grab it tomorrow if I have time and will post pics. A 14' 7k rated with ramp and 1 brake axle is around 2500 but I will ask Alex to give me a break down on cost for 14' to post.

Hallett

Reaction score
Things are getting real now 😂 I’ll put my money on the can ham. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 848309
Yore right , my stock set up would have no chance

Legit!

Honestly after suspension work all these cars we are talking about are so good they are fairly close for what we are doing with them (recreational off roading), they just have strengths and weaknesses.

There are certain times a Can Am will walk away from me in my RZR 1000 and then terrain changes and then they can’t keep up with me. On medium speed trails (20-40 mph) the narrower, lighter, 64” car is almost an advantage. To be fair, this is after suspension work on the 64” car.

Unless we are talking dunes, street racing or long, wide graded roads, the NA cars will run with the turbo cars pretty well. A turbo car can do 80+ on that stuff and get there quicker, I can do about 70, and get to about 60 reasonably quick.

Again I’m saying all this from a recreation perspective, not a full race SXS perspective.

In the end it is just fun being out with friends having a good time and finding the car that suits you best.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Legit!

Honestly after suspension work all these cars we are talking about are so good they are fairly close for what we are doing with them (recreational off roading), they just have strengths and weaknesses.

There are certain times a Can Am will walk away from me in my RZR 1000 and then terrain changes and then they can’t keep up with me. On medium speed trails (20-40 mph) the narrower, lighter, 64” car is almost an advantage. To be fair, this is after suspension work on the 64” car.

Unless we are talking dunes, street racing or long, wide graded roads, the NA cars will run with the turbo cars pretty well. A turbo car can do 80+ on that stuff and get there quicker, I can do about 70, and get to about 60 reasonably quick.

Again I’m saying all this from a recreation perspective, not a full race SXS perspective.

In the end it is just fun being out with friends having a good time and finding the car that suits you best.

This is 100%. In the washes it was FAIR game and it was up to who wanted to drive the hardest, and I always lost that contest! LOL...Your car runs hard, and the only way I can get away from it is pressing the skinny pedal on flat straightaways.

Like you said, its a blast either way and lets plan a damn Barstow or Johnson Valley trip before it gets tooo hot!