WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can Am X3 Max

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I thought I had heard that they were going to start hitting dealerships the beginning of April. Has anyone seen one or picked theirs up yet?

Joe mama

Reaction score
Saw one at Glamis...It was one an aftermarket parts dealer had received .... That thing is looooong..Not sure how well it corners and looks like may be a pain on the razor backs.
My buddy has the 2 seater and it does great in the dunes smooth and never felt tippy or out of whack no matter what you threw at it.

DMF

Reaction score
Chaparral had one on display only this past weekend. Then it was off t another dealer. Sounds like they are only taking deposits on them at thus point. I thought it was really long as well. I am curious if it could be to long?

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Havasu power sports had one of the demos on display today

Reaction score
Havasu power sports had one of the demos on display today

That one will be in the UTV Sports magazine booth at the boat show Friday then it is off to an adventure ride for the magazine.

I just got off the phone with Havasu Power Sports and they are expecting delivery of their first production cars any day. Which conflicts with what Can Am told us. Can Am says they delayed production to make a few minor changes. I hope Havasu Power Sports is correct.

jesco

Reaction score
A few people I know that have seen and driven it are saying its too long, feels like your driving a limo. Not comparable at all the the 2 seater version. Im holding out for what Polaris is bringing to the table for 18...

HavaToon

Reaction score
Just saw one cruising the streets of havasu. And I just got word a buddy is taking delivery of a few this month. Hopefully one of those has my name on it.

suzonda

Reaction score
My buddy was first on the list at Mission Motorsports, and they got in a Gold one yesterday but he turned it down and is waiting for a black one. They said they will receive a black one next week.

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Can Am X-3 RS they had just uncrated this on Thursday

Attachments

• can am X-3.jpg
    can am X-3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 69

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I like them. I'd like one.

Early takes:
FST was testing the X3 Max at Glamis with Can Am and the problem was severe high centering on the dunes.
Yeah, all brands of 4 seaters bottom out at times on the dunes but the Max flat ass high centers. You'll need wing men and tow straps.
Dave said if you dune it you may need to consider much bigger tires and wheels. Much, much bigger.
He went on to add by May they may have the tire/wheel size and the clutch spring/weight issues figured out, but wouldn't commit.
He then woke up and realized I'm the guy that plasters this confidential info all over the internet.

Polaris rep told me in person (and dealers on the RDP board) a new chassis and 190 HP around the corner.
Late this year, early next they will hit the showrooms goes their tale.
We'll see some indication at the Rzrfest this Oct.
They have to.
My Rzr turbo is maxed out. Scary fast with goofy handling above 80 MPH.
Time for a redesign and the X3 is right on time.

We had a deposit on a 2 seat X3 but FST said a more powerful version is coming with better suspension and the clutch was soft engaging causing pre mature belt wear. FST tests them with Can Am engineers.
I mentioned that on the Can Am forums and got MF'd. Then, like magic,, everyone realized I was right and suddenly I'm some jack ass expert solely on the strength of a casual conversation with FST that I passed on.

When the Can Am dealer asked for $3k over MSRP, we walked.
X3's are a sexy, bad ass machine. A whole new definition of showroom appeal. They talk to you.
Get the Evolution ECU reflash. It removes the lockouts, lifts/lowers the limits, you get 20+ more HP and it runs cooler.
4 screws and two plugs and maybe 5 minutes time.

Just sayin' from the tips and tales I gather.
Remember it's second hand info and free advise is worth what you paid for it.

rickym20

Reaction score
Plenty of room for some monster wheels and tires.

Wonder how the front arms will hold up with the bigger tires. Can't wait to see one with them installed but it seems that they have a weak points up front.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Plenty of room for some monster wheels and tires.

They had a 2 seater sitting on 32" that were much bigger than just 2" over the factory 30". I'd say it gave it a solid 3-4" more in height/ground clearance.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Wonder how the front arms will hold up with the bigger tires. Can't wait to see one with them installed but it seems that they have a weak points up front.

Hard to imagine the way they are built they wouldn't handle the larger tires at least as good as a Polaris. That being said, the 2 seater's sure weren't keeping up with the Razors at the WORC's race, but probably take a while to get dialed in.

TCHB

Reaction score
I would not one for the Sand Dunes. I will stick with my RZR 2 Seater.