WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

can anyone give me any detailed history/info in this DCB ??

TLAW719

Reaction score
I thought about the gas but it's only a couple bucks a fill up. Normally I always have tools on the bow but I was distracted by the dog. I usually life my wife out of the boat or out towels just that one time and bam. At first I thought the dog did it but the when I thought about it I realized it was the buttons. Maybe big maybe those scratches can be buffed out. This knick in the blend will cost me though. I was going to fix it right away but in all honesty I'm the only one that notices it. But since I know where it's at I see it right away every time. It has to get fixed or it will drive me crazy. I'll take my dad w me when we go he likes beating up on hernando [emoji12]im gonna check out your Instagram right now [emoji106]

Whenever we beach or something like that, no one is allowed to go off until the mats are down. I think they were 18$ shipped with prime and I was able to get colors close to my gel

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Whenever we beach or something like that, no one is allowed to go off until the mats are down. I think they were 18$ shipped with prime and I was able to get colors close to my gel

We use Walmart bath mats, lots of colors, rubber backs, 2-3 and you have enough to walk across the deck

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I'm almost certain that boat was kept on the Delta at Whiskey Slough. I believe it hit a log or something damaged the port side hull. Supposedly it didn't sink and they were able to get it to a dock or trailer.

Looks the same to me.

DSC_4457.jpg

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Howard deck with a 600 will get you close to or just over the century mark. GRADS Daytona with 600 runs 90's.....I would think that the Python might see low 90's with that set up.

Howard's don't run that fast with a stock 600. Stage 2 sure but not stock.

dave29

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!This boat has 6 pages of history. Probably has a jack plate because it's been jacked so many times.
BTW....DCB M35's hold 180 gallons of fuel. Jacked again.

titanpb27

Reaction score
WOW,,,I thought that River Daves Place was the :know all" experts of the California boat market,,,,especially the famous " Daves Custom Boat" Line

I was told it was in Hot boat Magazine in June or July of 2000. and that it was the only Mach 26 ever built with triple engines.

This thread went from a simple question..... to 19 subjects about Wall Mart bath mats, headers
, big blocks, tune experts...etc

Yes, I contacted "Daves CBs" and they are not interested in cooperating at all. Too busy taking money from new customers,,,

Again, a copy or photo copy or digital file of the magazine article is of great interest to my customer.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
WOW,,,I thought that River Daves Place was the :know all" experts of the California boat market,,,,especially the famous " Daves Custom Boat" Line

I was told it was in Hot boat Magazine in June or July of 2000. and that it was the only Mach 26 ever built with triple engines.

This thread went from a simple question..... to 19 subjects about Wall Mart bath mats, headers

Yes, I contacted "Daves CBs" and they are not interested in cooperating at all. Too busy taking money from new customers,,,

Again, a copy or photo copy or digital file of the magazine article is of great interest to my customer.

At first I felt bad about jacking your thread. Now not so much

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Well if you called them and acted the same way you've been in this thread I just can't understand why they weren't jumping at the chance to help you out. [emoji8]

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

this was the info that "twocents" asked for, out of anyone that has posted in this jacked up thread he will be able to give you the answer you are looking for. And I can take a look in a box later this week to see if I have the issue.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Can we get back to some bath mat discussions please?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If the boat was built in 2000 it was before the original hotboat website came online (free version) and if it went to Nor Cal, a lot of those guys don't post much if at all.

I don't believe that is the only triple engine Mach 26.. For some reason I remember a red one as well. I also remember a thread where an owner of one was posting and the general consensus kind of agreed that the increase in performance from the third motor wasn't worth the trade off in price / fuel etc.. It added very little speed, but made the boat impossible to get in and out of and yada yada yada.. Just common sense type stuff.

Wish I could be if more help, but I don't know of anything of any real relevance to add or I would of.

What shop do you own? Type of work? And what are you doing to the boat?

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll dig through the archives and check out the June and July 2000 issues of Hot Boat. I don't recall doing that story....it might have been Kevin or Brett. I'll let you know if I find something.

shueman

Reaction score
If the boat was built in 2000 it was before the original hotboat website came online (free version) and if it went to Nor Cal, a lot of those guys don't post much if at all.

I don't believe that is the only triple engine Mach 26.. For some reason I remember a red one as well. I also remember a thread where an owner of one was posting and the general consensus kind of agreed that the increase in performance from the third motor wasn't worth the trade off in price / fuel etc.. It added very little speed, but made the boat impossible to get in and out of and yada yada yada.. Just common sense type stuff.

Wish I could be if more help, but I don't know of anything of any real relevance to add or I would of.

What shop do you own? Type of work? And what are you doing to the boat?

I'd def ditch the 3rd motor ...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

Fwiw, I like the Mach 26 much better than the canopied F26. Really dig them with OB's. [emoji41]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
300x parts are getting difficult to find, if it were me i would remove one to have for parts and make the boat much more useable.

Looks like 280's on this one because of the exhaust snouts in the picture RT99 posted, but I hear ya, 300X parts and 2.5 parts are getting harder to come by plus a premium price. I think this boat would run the same or better with 2 300's vs 3 280's.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'd def ditch the 3rd motor ...

Yea, RD nailed it in his post about the 3rd engine.

300x parts are getting difficult to find, if it were me i would remove one to have for parts and make the boat much more useable.

Looks like 280's on this one because of the exhaust snouts in the picture RT99 posted, but I hear ya, 300X parts and 2.5 parts are getting harder to come by plus a premium price. I think this boat would run the same or better with 2 300's vs 3 280's.
I totally agree. Ditch that 3rd engine. But donate it to the "Poor Lavey Owners" foundation.

<----- founder and current only member. Lol!

titanpb27

Reaction score
The new owner said " if 3 motors will fit on the back, order three new 300 xs, and put them on there"

Boatmaster

Reaction score
What do you want to know? Boat was serviced at my shop for about the last 8 yrs before hitting a stump while coming into a beach at a slow speed a little over a year ago. Boat was totaled due to fiberglass repair costs and last i heard was sold to a guy back east in NC. New owner from NC called me just after buying it and priced out a pair of 300XSs but i never heard back from him. I couldn't agree more about removing one motor. It was a fun boat to go for a ride in but not worth the fuel costs. Dave also nailed it about being a bitch to get in and out of the water on a hot day if not beached! Is it for sale again?