WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can anyone help Rob (FIL) unload a flatbed?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is some seriously heavy things on it including a gun safe and this old
Cast iron stove..

I’m about useless nowadays being crippled when it comes to this.

Anyone know of a moving company or a couple big dudes I can pay?

In havasu btw..

RD

Last edited:

fishing fool

Reaction score
There is some seriously heavy things on it including a gun safe and this old
Cast iron stove..

I’m about useless nowadays being crippled when it comes to this.

Anyone know of a moving company or a couple big dudes I can pay?

In havasu btw..

RD
I got off work at 6:30. be there around 7

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That stove thing is crazy heavy.. I can barely lift one side of it an inch off the ground.

if anyone is around please let me know.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That stove thing is crazy heavy.. I can barely lift one side of it an inch off the ground.

Sorry Dave I am not going to be back in town for a few more days. I can reach out to friends if needed. Just post up that you are coming up short. 👍

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Good God Dave don't go and hurt yourself! I'll be heading that way just as soon as my heart medication kicks in and the ticker stops it's irregular oscillation. What part of town is Rob located? Maybe an address and Robs phone number?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Been to Havasu and back.I guess it wasn't that important.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
You realize the demographics here... Mostly 50+ year old dudes with bad backs who drink too much beer

I'm different: 33 years old, only a half bad back, also drinks too much beer 😂

But for real, once we close on our house out there, I'm always down. I love trying to move big, awkward items. Bent the tailgate on my last truck with a 1000+ pound palm stump after redneck rigging a ramp and some come along winches 👍

Wheeler

Reaction score
You realize the demographics here... Mostly 50+ year old dudes with bad backs who drink too much beer

I'm different: 33 years old, only a half bad back, also drinks too much beer 😂

But for real, once we close on our house out there, I'm always down. I love trying to move big, awkward items. Bent the tailgate on my last truck with a 1000+ pound palm stump after redneck rigging a ramp and some come along winches 👍
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

~Bildo~

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think I might have gotten this figured out.

Wheeler

Reaction score
If only someone had a fork lift…..
hmmmm
I was in Havasu this morning to drop off an eighteen speed transmission. The truck I was driving has a lift gate and a bed mounted crane. Would have been a piece of cake.

Reactions: DLC

gqchris

Reaction score
So I am two years approaching 50 years old, and I think I finally have this figured out. I just loaded a dumpster this weekend from my house of shit I no longer want to be a part of. I made myself a few resolutions.

• I will never hurt my back moving heavy equipment again. I am hiring professionals.
  • I am no longer detailing or buffing anything I own, I am outsourcing it.
  • I am no longer wrenching on anything unless it is minor service etc. I will pay for it to be done
  • No more projects
I can make more money then trying to do this stuff last minute when I am trying to hurry a vacation thru.

Once I am retired, I can wax and wrench as long as I want. Until then, I am going to use my body, what's left of it, to earn income and provide.

LOL..sorry for the rant, but it felt good to throw out shit I been carting along for 30 years!