WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can we get excited about Desert Storm in April? What o you think?

Blubyu

Reaction score
Anyone see the live, what was the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I watched some of it. All I got was registration opens the first and they got plan b and c

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh and you need to have boat registration and insurance with you to register.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
I watched some of it. All I got was registration opens the first and they got plan b and c

i had to turn it off. Not much new news, besides registration opens Feb 1, closes April 1.
If you carried you 2020 registration over, you are good.
slips are sold out
street party is a go, with backup location

Singleton

Reaction score
I never got a answer to my question.
won a 50% off future registration at Monster 2019, and wanted to know if it will be honored.
guess I have to email them on that one

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
I never got a answer to my question.
won a 50% off future registration at Monster 2019, and wanted to know if it will be honored.
guess I have to email them on that one
She said yes they would, just shoot her an email.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't thiink they ever gave any details about what their plan 'B' and plan 'C' were, except they were confident that the 'poker run' and 'shoot-out' parts were okay but no permits/approvals as yet for 'land-based' activities.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I watched most of it, I think the big news was that they say it is on. If you look at this thread a lot of people were doubting (myself included).

I am surprised that they were given verbal approvals on the street fair etc.

I just saw on the news the other night that AZ is the number one covid hotspot in the world.

I hope they can pull it off, I can say we will be taking some kinda precautions if the street fair happens. I love shaking hands and hugs as much as anyone but doing it with several thousand people in a day is just kinda “asking for it” if ya know what I mean. Lol

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I watched most of it, I think the big news was that they say it is on. If you look at this thread a lot of people were doubting (myself included).

I just saw on the news the other night that AZ is the number one covid hotspot in the world.

I hope they can pull it off, I can say we will be taking some kinda precautions if the street fair happens. I love shaking hands and hugs as much as anyone but doing it with several thousand people in a day is just kinda “asking for it” if ya know what I mean. Lol

Install vodka misters along the perimeter of the tents

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Going to have to surround yourself and Stacy with people that have already had it. your own private security detail. :)

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

They have the Hot Rods on Main Street every week, why would the Street Fair be any different

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score

Wondering "who" was the person giving 'verbal approval' regarding the street fair? Did it come from the City or was it the CVB? Hope it was from somebody with some authority to make that kind of decision.

DWC

Reaction score
Turns out I was the only one that doubted it would happen. Tried to reserve a dock for that week and it’s a no go.
Hope they’re able to pull it off

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
They have the Hot Rods on Main Street every week, why would the Street Fair be any different
Ya know, it's just a bit more crowded......

1611602689088.png

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Turns out I was the only one that doubted it would happen. Tried to reserve a dock for that week and it’s a no go.
Hope they’re able to pull it off
Slips all gone? Shit!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And not an organized, permitted event, just people pulling over in their cars on a public street. That and there are no organizers to be held liable nor organizers that cant get the insurance required by the city. Underwriters dont want to take the risk by issuing policies.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
i had to turn it off. Not much new news, besides registration opens Feb 1, closes April 1.
If you carried you 2020 registration over, you are good.
slips are sold out
street party is a go, with backup location
No mention of were else Street Party might be?

DWC

Reaction score
Just tried to waitlist and thats not a option either. Fuckin Bidens fault!! He will now be blamed for everything..
Yeah, even the Marina will usually let you waitlist. No go this time around. Looks like another busy as F year.

Singleton

Reaction score
They would need permits for either of them.

Windsor 4 would be state permit.
Nautical golf course is private leased land, not sure you need a permit to hold an event on privately leased land

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nautical golf course is private leased land, not sure you need a permit to hold an event on privately leased land

I still don't see them letting that many people into a state run area.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No mention of were else Street Party might be?

There is only a couple of locations in Havasu that could fit something like that. It would either be down at Windsor 4, up at the airport, or a few other larger parking lots or grass areas in town. I didn't ask Christina which were the alternate plans, but just living here and having looked at doing some big events in the past the options are pretty limited.

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
There is only a couple of locations in Havasu that could fit something like that. It would either be down at Windsor 4, up at the airport, or a few other larger parking lots or grass areas in town. I didn't ask Christina which were the alternate plans, but just living here and having looked at doing some big events in the past the options are pretty limited.

RD

The airport and mall are outside the city. Permits might be different and no city permit required

hallett21

Reaction score

RD

Airport would be epic. Get a few jets/king airs out for show.

Screw it have an air show too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, Windsor 4 requires an Arizona State Park permit plus several other State agencies which are involved. Going through that process right now for the Havasu Boat Show, April 9-10-11. Anticipating a decision by the first or second week of February.

WATERDOG

Reaction score

RD
I'm not sure either of them are big enough. Boats and Vendors might fit but where would spectators park. Very limited options.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not sure either of them are big enough. Boats and Vendors might fit but where would spectators park. Very limited options.

The airport is huge... they did that wings and wheels deal out there and there was plenty of room to spare and that was a massive show.

hold_j

Reaction score
yep, in the Marina and the other one in the channel. SOB

View attachment 966402

I just reserved a slip from 17-25th yesterday morning at the marina. I attempted to do it last week but dates were blocked off. I thought I was out of luck also till the lady at the marina told me the 27th is when the dates open up for DS.

DWC

Reaction score
I just reserved a slip from 17-25th yesterday morning at the marina. I attempted to do it last week but dates were blocked off. I thought I was out of luck also till the lady at the marina told me the 27th is when the dates open up for DS.

Thank you

Booked!

Last edited:

WATERDOG

Reaction score
The airport is huge... they did that wings and wheels deal out there and there was plenty of room to spare and that was a massive show.
I missed that. Been to a few air shows. Didn't seem like 60K+ people. Perhaps because spread out. Just seems like if they can get a county permit they should be able to get a city permit too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So with the announcement of Desert Storm, I have already had some of the local bands and DJ's call me and ask if we are booking them.. This got me to thinking about the RDP afterparty etc.. I have a plan for one, but I'm not entirely sure that it's going to be a good idea to pack a bunch of drunks into a tight space with the COVID.. As in I'm not sure I'd want to go to that..

While I'm not paranoid about it, again it just seems like that's kinda asking for it.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So with the announcement of Desert Storm, I have already had some of the local bands and DJ's call me and ask if we are booking them.. This got me to thinking about the RDP afterparty etc.. I have a plan for one, but I'm not entirely sure that it's going to be a good idea to pack a bunch of drunks into a tight space with the COVID.. As in I'm not sure I'd want to go to that..

While I'm not paranoid about it, again it just seems like that's kinda asking for it.

RD

Probably a good idea.

Yoshiro

Reaction score

I got one on the morning of the 27th as well. They were a little late in their 90 day window at turning those dates on but it's nice to know we can still get a slip.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A good idea to do one? Or a good idea not too... LOL. I was kinda leaning towards the "not".

(I really don't want to get COVID, it damn near killed some of my friends)

RD

Good idea to skip this year.

Tank

Reaction score
A good idea to do one? Or a good idea not too... LOL. I was kinda leaning towards the "not".

(I really don't want to get COVID, it damn near killed some of my friends)

RD
Outdoor venue. Like the Heat bar??

Just wont be the same with out the RDP party.🙁

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I would assume that any party will not have as many people showing up like years past.
however having it inside like years past might not be the smartest idea even though people know the risk.

You end up interacting with more people than 90% of the peeps that show up, Since everyone at some point comes up to you and Stacy to say hi. it will be hard not to shake hands, do fist bumps etc,
If you can get a vaccine before than it would be different
As you know i already had it and was no big deal but that hasn't been the case for some.
A lot of my friends have traveled around the country this last year. LOTO, Key west, Havasu etc and been to large events and other than me none of them have got it so who knows.
You need to do whats best for you and family and not having a party is not going to be the end of the world. No reason to put yourself at risk if not comfortable.
We will still have a fun time and fully support whatever you decide.
Would rather you miss one year ( now i guess it would be two) and have lots more to look forward too.

Tank

Reaction score
I would assume that any party will not have as many people showing up like years past.
however having it inside like years past might not be the smartest idea even though people know the risk.

You end up interacting with more people than 90% of the peeps that show up, Since everyone at some point comes up to you and Stacy to say hi. it will be hard not to shake hands, do fist bumps etc,
If you can get a vaccine before than it would be different
As you know i already had it and was no big deal but that hasn't been the case for some.
A lot of my friends have traveled around the country this last year. LOTO, Key west, Havasu etc and been to large events and other than me none of them have got it so who knows.
You need to do whats best for you and family and not having a party is not going to be the end of the world. No reason to put yourself at risk if not comfortable.
We will still have a fun time and fully support whatever you decide.
Would rather you miss one year ( now i guess it would be two) and have lots more to look forward too.
Nah, fuck all that.....Outside venue!

😁 😁 😁