WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can we get excited about Desert Storm in April? What o you think?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Super cat fest is going to be a lot of fun.. I am helping with some Aspects of it behind the scenes.

I am really looking forward to the street party Thursday and Griner’s party Saturday night!

5D5DD5FE-BEC7-420D-8110-FF67B7E19B05.jpeg

Yoshiro

Reaction score
We're leaving OR on the 16th. Have a Havasu house rented the 17-25th. Can't wait!

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
That’s a long damn time. It’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

When we were out there in October for my daughter and AJ's wedding we were there for 11 days with the boat in the water for 10 days. Stayed up on the water in Needles first 5 days and then boated down and put the boat at the Nautical (friends were saying there) for the second 5 days. More consistent boating than I've ever done and the longest stretch I've ever kept any of our boats in the water at one time. Put over 300 miles on the boat. It was long, but not too long. I suppose it'll be the same for SCFW & DS. Plus we can chill during the week. Don't even need to go boating. Just hang a few days.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't have answer about how long people will stay (or come back to) but I did notice that Mago was sponsoring Lit to play at Pirates at that event. Made me wonder how they got approval to have a concert on the CA side of the river?
outdoor venue with controlled access
Wasn't there some sort of announcement from Comrade Newscum that allows amusement parks, sporting events and concerts to resume(with limitations) starting April?

Singleton

Reaction score
Wasn't there some sort of announcement from Comrade Newscum that allows amusement parks, sporting events and concerts to resume(with limitations) starting April?

yep for counties in the red tier.
don‘t care what they did, just glad to see it occurring.

i might attend, but hate the drive to Pirates from Havasu

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We'll be heading out there 15th through 26th and do both events. 👍 I think a lot of people are planning on doing that. Should be a pretty kick as 10 days.

I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm flying..My wife was less than thrilled that I wanted to stay for 16 days (10th through 26th)..I've gotta dig the boat out of garage and take it to BCM. So I broke it up into two trips with 3/4 days home between events. The house is being Reno'd so she isn't coming...at least I don't have to make the drive with two dogs, two kids, and a fuckin hamster🤣

@shibyntro comes in the 21st, along with my BIL and SIL, got a car load coming down from Vegas for the shitshow. I was hopeful our house would be done but its not gonna happen..Likely going to get an Air-BNB rented in the next couple days..

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score
I’ll be out for the boat show weekend then home for my sons birthday weekend on the 18th and then heading out for DS Thursday-Sunday. Super excited, despite my love for boats I’ve never been able to make it out to DS. I’m sure I will also be drooling all over Skater368’s new ride at the Islander. It’s going to be a great couple of weeks!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What kind? And where is this park?

sara park is a huge couple mile long deal on the south end of town.. shooting ranges dog park, circle track, rodeo grounds.. it’s massive

if you are referring to the street fair in Thursday.

The party is at Chris’s new shop which is massive as well for a party. Lol

wet hull

Reaction score
Sucks for the bars and restaurants. We will be headed that way after park fair.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sucks for the bars and restaurants. We will be headed that way after park fair.

bingo, we will head to the Party in the Park earlier, then food and drinks back downtown.
RD might have to have 2 locations open Thursday - park and main office

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
bingo, we will head to the Party in the Park earlier, then food and drinks back downtown.
RD might have to have 2 locations open Thursday - park and main office

We will have the office open, as well as stocked full of coldies and swag etc..

I will be down at Sara park with the rig. Which will be “standard rdp”.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
It's on like donkey kong!

Gonna be a great 11 days on the water!!

View attachment 986068

That was a good trip. Last boat in the line was me. My first Desert Storm participation. Looking forward to at least watching this year, maybe joining. Going early to catch cat fest as well. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
That was a good trip. Last boat in the in the line was me. My first Desert Storm participation. Looking forward to at least watching this year, maybe joining. Going early to catch cat fest as well. Thanks for posting.
That’s right it was your first time!

that was fun caravaning out 7 boats with Dan that took pic.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
That’s right it was your first time!

that was fun caravaning out 7 boats with Dan that took pic.
I joined you at the 14 and Sand Canyon. You guys were running pretty quick. Took me a bit to adjust 😉

Sure was a good time.

Tank

Reaction score
I joined you at the 14 and Sand Canyon. You guys were running pretty quick. Took me a bit to adjust 😉

Sure was a good time.

Dan @H20 Toie and I were just talking about that. He was complaining all of us were running like 80. Trying to get there and get on the water. Notice we’re all in the fast lane in that pic. Lol

MoreyMcC

Reaction score
God Speed Everyone. We have all worked to hard to get to this point in life so that we can enjoy the fruits of our labor. Let’s have fun! The same way we always do!