WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can we get excited about Desert Storm in April? What o you think?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are still working on moving forward with it last I heard (which wasn't that long ago).. I don't think anyone saw Biden getting in though, and I do believe that's going to play a real factor in all of this..

At this point I'd say it's a little early to tell.. but with this new administration it's gonna be tough..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On a side note I can tell you there is going to be several RDP Fun Runs both off road and on the water.. I'm going to take a SCJB approach to this, and pick certain weekends and a bunch of different lakes etc.. Kinda of like a southwest tour of lakes and if the members want to go they can go!

RD

Tank

Reaction score
On a side note I can tell you there is going to be several RDP Fun Runs both off road and on the water.. I'm going to take a SCJB approach to this, and pick certain weekends and a bunch of different lakes etc.. Kinda of like a southwest tour of lakes and if the members want to go they can go!

RD

Naci run?? We’re in.

guest hs

Reaction score
I highly doubt Desert Storm will not happen this year. I was just told that Todd (jokers wild) was not able to hold our annual RC Boat race in the Channel this February. Also the Ballon Fest has been canceled.

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

RD
That would be awesome, Shasta, Powell, the Delta, etc., it would be cool to get on the road with a lot of people and at the same time and then meet up with the members who are local to show us around.

Not sure if you’re going to be able to do a regatta this fall, if not I would be very much interested in sponsoring these event somehow, maybe pay for a cookout or a taco guy or something like that for everybody one evening.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't think they have any water?

RD

For real though if you guys want to road trip and see one of the most beautiful lakes in the country...we’re gonna try super hard to get up to the fun run some are putting together on lake pend orielle in Northern Idaho July 24th. Dragging the cigarette up, trying to get AJ to bonzi it with me while the girls and kids take the plane.

Let’s do this.

JFMFG

Reaction score
That would be awesome, Shasta, Powell, the Delta, etc., it would be cool to get on the road with a lot of people and at the same time and then meet up with the members who are local to show us around.

Not sure if you’re going to be able to do a regatta this fall, if not I would be very much interested in sponsoring these event somehow, maybe pay for a cookout or a taco guy or something like that for everybody one evening.
I’d be down for the Mojave Hoover dam run and a delta trip!

JFMFG

Reaction score
For real though if you guys want to road trip and see one of the most beautiful lakes in the country...we’re gonna try super hard to get up to the fun run some are putting together on lake pend orielle in Northern Idaho July 24th. Dragging the cigarette up, trying to get AJ to bonzi it with me while the girls and kids take the plane.

Let’s do this.
My wife will be up there that weekend. Sadly I won’t be flying up till the Monday after. Her grandparents have a house right in pend oreille. It’s a beautiful lake

Tank

Reaction score
it would be cool to get on the road with a lot of people and at the same time

The caravan to havasu from so cal with 8 other boats rollin down the 14 was half the fun of that trip! Miss those days.

749EFF7A-40B2-40C1-879B-AA9A67C885B5.png

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
We spend our whole summer at Shasta on the houseboat !!

I know you do! We tied up next to you and your buddy at Cat Attack. 25 Daytona WTOB with twin outboards. We’re from Salem OR. We boat Shasta 5-6 times a summer. My boat is currently stored at B&W down in the Delta.

Reactions: EPL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’d like to go to Powell with someone whose experienced at it as I’ve never been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went there complete green with nothing but a phone armed with Navionics and had a blast!

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Let’s do this.

I'm 100% in.. Should I take the motorhome or the truck?

RD

Tank

Reaction score
I'm 100% in.. Should I take the motorhome or the truck?

RD
Depends on what you want to do but motorhome would be fun. AJ says he want's to leave from Havasu so we can caravan. You should really start looking at the area and camp spots and VRBO and all that. Poker Run / Fun run will be held out of Sanpoint / Dover.

@Hoodoo is the official / unofficial organizer. 😁

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

Let’s do this.

Damn, I'm currently deep into planning a two week road trip for July for fun and looking at property (Vegas, Boise, Pend Orielle, Whitefish/Flathead, Bozeman, Jackson, Park City) and I might just have to line up our Northern Idaho stop with this fun run.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If true, NFW Desert Storm Happens.

That 100 days will turn into 300 :).

I’d love to see the science that shows closing open space and federal land will slow the spread of the virus.

There is zero science behind not allowing people outdoors. It only stops the spread of Freedom!

I’ve already penciled in my calendar taking off the Thursday/Friday from work to hit the Street Party / Poker Run ♠️. Hopefully it’s still a go! If not I’ll still be in Havasu to enjoy Desert Storm Weekend. I missed so many events last year from the Rona. Can’t believe we are still dealing with this BS.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean they will get permits. Coast guard does not issue permits until the week of or week before...

Who knows if Havasu will green light the street fair? Maybe?

I wouldnt bank on this yet. Remember all of the hype about the big video announcement, everyone was fired up and they told everyone it was cancelled.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also just read that Winterfest was cancelled for the end of February, and the Renaissance Fair for the first weekend in April cancelled. Both are big events.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
just snowboarded with my BIL that works for the Department of the Interior.
He stated they are preparing for a hard closure of all federal lands effective Jan 21 and lasting 100 days.

WTF. Those are PUBLIC LANDS only MANAGED by the state.

Utter insanity.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Buddies kid just put in to work two weeks in havasu he is in the coast guard

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Also just read that Winterfest was cancelled for the end of February, and the Renaissance Fair for the first weekend in April cancelled. Both are big events.
The WinterFest cancellation surprised me. Don't know if that was a City decision or if the Havasu Chamber pulled the plug on their own. I'll find out. As for the Renaissance Faire, according to one of the promoters who I just communicated with a few minutes ago, the Faire is still on as scheduled.
The Havasu Boat Show is still moving forward -- the AZ State Park has made a policy to notify a requested special event no less than 60-days prior to the
event whether the event is approved or not.
Regarding Coast Guard permits for Desert Storm, I have not received anything from the Coast Guard office as yet asking for comments and input regarding that specific permit application. This doesn't usually happen until 30 to 45 days before an event.

Hammer

Reaction score
I wouldnt bank on this yet. Remember all of the hype about the big video announcement, everyone was fired up and they told everyone it was cancelled.

Ya... that was a big let down.

Tank

Reaction score
The WinterFest cancellation surprised me. Don't know if that was a City decision or if the Havasu Chamber pulled the plug on their own. I'll find out. As for the Renaissance Faire, according to one of the promoters who I just communicated with a few minutes ago, the Faire is still on as scheduled.
The Havasu Boat Show is still moving forward -- the AZ State Park has made a policy to notify a requested special event no less than 60-days prior to the
event whether the event is approved or not.
Regarding Coast Guard permits for Desert Storm, I have not received anything from the Coast Guard office as yet asking for comments and input regarding that specific permit application. This doesn't usually happen until 30 to 45 days before an event.
Have you heard if the guys doing Super Cat West are still planning on moving forward?

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you heard if the guys doing Super Cat West are still planning on moving forward?
I'm assuming that the effort to bring Super Cat Fest West to Havasu by Alvin Heathman and Todd Taylor is still moving forward. Getting formal approval confirmations seem to be pending the new Biden administartion taking office. Hard to predict what's going to be 'okay' and 'not okay'.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the effort to bring Super Cat Fest West to Havasu by Alvin Heathman and Todd Taylor is still moving forward. Getting formal approval confirmations seem to be pending the new Biden administartion taking office. Hard to predict what's going to be 'okay' and 'not okay'.

Thst isn’t hard to predict.. lol

The question is if you can find ways around it, and how to structure events within guidelines.. :(. I think we are all going to have to get creative in the near future.

AFTERSHOCK RACING+

Reaction score

The question is if you can find ways around it, and how to structure events within guidelines.. :(. I think we are all going to have to get creative in the near future.
i agree with you Dave

Singleton

Reaction score

just need the state to issue permit for Windsor 4, then creativity can begin.
if KOH can go, then so can DS. Turn Windsor 4 into the Storm Village and require negative test to get in. No street party, but village party and all registered get a space socially distant from another. Will suck for the local bars, restaurants, but better then nothing.
while the testing sucks, if it was test or no DS, I will get tested