WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can we get excited about Desert Storm in April? What o you think?

WildWilly

Reaction score
A good idea to do one? Or a good idea not too... LOL. I was kinda leaning towards the "not".

(I really don't want to get COVID, it damn near killed some of my friends)

RD

From what I'm seeing the heavier drinkers are breezing right through it...so you should be golden.

EPL

Reaction score
Anyone have updates on if Desert Storm is going to happen !!

Singleton

Reaction score
Anyone have updates on if Desert Storm is going to happen !!

based on all the Q&A, Feb month-end is the first date. Hard NO on the permits would be issued by then
state and city can pull permits at any time
we will be in Havasu and registered

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
@Racer89 and I are registered for the poker run and the shoot out. What prop should we run for the shoot out on a 26 Nordic deck with a 520?

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Well, don’t see DS hosting anything at Windsor. Let’s hope the city issues the Boat Show permit. No permit for the Boat Show, DS IMO will be at risk.

Producers of the 2021 Lake Havasu Boat Show have announced that the April 9-11 event originally scheduled to be held at Lake Havasu State Park’s Windsor 4 location has been changed.

Earlier this week, the Lake Havasu Marine Association was notified that Arizona State Park denied approval of a permit request due to continuing pandemic public safety concerns. Although disappointed with the decision, the Havasu Boat Show is making every effort to still hold the Boat Show at an alternate location: the Havasu 95 Speedway at Sara Park at the south end of town. A request for permit approval and a Covid-19 mitigation plan have been submitted to the city for its review; it is expected that a decision will be forthcoming very shortly.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think it has a chance of happening numbers are going down. My wife’s hospital only has 30 covid patients now compared to the 200+ a month ago.

Does she work at Cedars? We work with them and that is what there numbers are looking like. Very good signs !!

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, don’t see DS hosting anything at Windsor. Let’s hope the city issues the Boat Show permit. No permit for the Boat Show, DS IMO will be at risk.

Producers of the 2021 Lake Havasu Boat Show have announced that the April 9-11 event originally scheduled to be held at Lake Havasu State Park’s Windsor 4 location has been changed.

Earlier this week, the Lake Havasu Marine Association was notified that Arizona State Park denied approval of a permit request due to continuing pandemic public safety concerns. Although disappointed with the decision, the Havasu Boat Show is making every effort to still hold the Boat Show at an alternate location: the Havasu 95 Speedway at Sara Park at the south end of town. A request for permit approval and a Covid-19 mitigation plan have been submitted to the city for its review; it is expected that a decision will be forthcoming very shortly.
Singleton is correct: The Havasu Boat Show has changed venues for the April 9-10-11 boat show to Havasu 95 Speedway. It is very doubtful if the State Park will be available for large special event consideration until the fall of 2021.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
4 for the poker run and 2 for the shoot out.

I have never tested one, but I'd have to imagine it would be in the 27-28'sh range for top speed with 2 people.. Maybe 26 because the shoot out course is shorter now. I'd run a 26 (just guessing here) with four people in the Poker Run.

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
Singleton is correct: The Havasu Boat Show has changed venues for the April 9-10-11 boat show to Havasu 95 Speedway. It is very doubtful if the State Park will be available for large special event consideration until the fall of 2021.

Did the city issue the permit for event at the 95 Speedway?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did the city issue the permit for event at the 95 Speedway?

No not yet.. They just submitted it to my understanding.

Quite honestly reading this new announcement is making me really question if anything "worth while" is going to happen on the Thursday that would normally be the street show. If they move it (which I believe they are going to have too) the crowds are going to be abysmal compared to a normal year. I almost wonder if punting the event to the fall would be a better option at this point. :( It isn't my event, nor do I speak for it to be clear.. Just thinking if I was at the helm of the ship, and was watching this go down around me I'd be setting up contingency for fall already and trying again.. Better to push it and have something great, than do it and have something not so great.

RD

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I wonder just how big the turn out would be if the permits do get issued. Seems like inventory is hard to come by, custom builders have big wait lists and new orders on production boats are mostly 2022 models being that 2021 build slots are spoken for

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score

Quite honestly reading this new announcement is making me really question if anything "worth while" is going to happen on the Thursday that would normally be the street show. If they move it (which I believe they are going to have too) the crowds are going to be abysmal compared to a normal year. I almost wonder if punting the event to the fall would be a better option at this point. :( It isn't my event, nor do I speak for it to be clear.. Just thinking if I was at the helm of the ship, and was watching this go down around me I'd be setting up contingency for fall already and trying again.. Better to push it and have something great, than do it and have something not so great.

RD

Are you just referring to the boat show or DS as well?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you just referring to the boat show or DS as well?

I was talking about DS..

Christina was live tonight though and she seems in good spirits.. So who knows?

RD

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Kids are going back to school by 3/15
Things are looking up

Tank

Reaction score
I was talking about DS..

Christina was live tonight though and she seems in good spirits.. So who knows?

RD

I think no matter where DS21 is or what they do, as long as they get the permits, they’ll be “just fine”. 😉😉

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I guess I’m confused. Why would the city approve the Street Fair to be at the Speedway but not allow it to be on McCullough Ave? Aren’t they both outdoors? 🤦‍♂️ This whole Covid Protocol drives me to drink!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I guess I’m confused. Why would the city approve the Street Fair to be at the Speedway but not allow it to be on McCullough Ave? Aren’t they both outdoors? 🤦‍♂️ This whole Covid Protocol drives me to drink!
Pretty sure the speedway is outside the city limits, that may have something to do it, and that the city wasnt the approval process needed.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the speedway is outside the city limits, that may have something to do it, and that the city wasnt the approval process needed.
Events happening at the Sara Park Sports Complex need a City permit as well as an okay from Parks and Recreation.

DWC

Reaction score
Events happening at the Sara Park Sports Complex need a City permit as well as an okay from Parks and Recreation.
1613672416979.gif

MoreyMcC

Reaction score

RD
Oh Hell no! Been sitting around to long waiting to get the boat wet in Havasu! I love the street party! But don’t need it for the poker run or the shootout! At least for whatever revenue that creates for the city it’s better than nothing! And if you want to push the street party until October then will come back again!

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
We’ll be there however, not going to register for the event until it look a bit more solid. It’s a good week to kick off boating season regardless..

DLC

Reaction score
Wait they have a poker run And a shoot out! HuH .....
lol

I thought it was just the down town street party and the Hugely successful RDP after party!

For us it’s the KICK OFF to Summer and we look forward to it every year!

I sure hope it goes on as scheduled

hold_j

Reaction score
Flying into Vegas. @Ace in the Hole has offered me a seat on his boat. I'm gonna get in trouble at work taking time off so close to spring break but I don't fucking care! Not after this week :)

Haha I know that’s right , you got to live ! I’ll be towing out there 16th and stay till the 25th [emoji1303] gotta make sure we meet up to have a couple beers [emoji482] unless Theres a crack in the motor after all this stupid cold weather [emoji3063] then I’ll be staying here haha I haven’t checked on the boat in storage yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Haha I know that’s right , you got to live ! I’ll be towing out there 16th and stay till the 25th [emoji1303] gotta make sure we meet up to have a couple beers [emoji482] unless Theres a crack in the motor after all this stupid cold weather [emoji3063] then I’ll be staying here haha I haven’t checked on the boat in storage yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh shit 😳😟 I hope you're all good. I wasn't able to winterize my Formula either. I'm hoping being in the water helped keep the engine room warm.

Absolutely!

Singleton

Reaction score
Just was on the DS main page and it looks like a announcement about the street party will be released tomorrow.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So is DS still on for like the week of April 19th? I was confused by the posted schedule on the website. It was more like registration deadlines?

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
So Super Cat Fest West... Are people going to Havasu for a full 10 days or will that event be a bust?

sirbob

Reaction score
So Super Cat Fest West... Are people going to Havasu for a full 10 days or will that event be a bust?

I don't have answer about how long people will stay (or come back to) but I did notice that Mago was sponsoring Lit to play at Pirates at that event. Made me wonder how they got approval to have a concert on the CA side of the river?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So is DS still on for like the week of April 19th? I was confused by the posted schedule on the website. It was more like registration deadlines?

As far as I know it is....we're registered for the poker run, and they definitely charged my CC for it already

Tank

Reaction score
We'll be heading out there 15th through 26th and do both events. 👍 I think a lot of people are planning on doing that. Should be a pretty kick as 10 days.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just was on the DS main page and it looks like a announcement about the street party will be released tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing what they figured out! We will be there no matter what they decide to do.

DWC

Reaction score
That’s a long damn time. It’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Can’t
Fkn
Wait

I am leaving Oregon the morning of the 10th headed towards Havasu, and I am not leaving Havasu headed back towards Oregon until the 26th. Have a slip at the Marina. Gotta figure out housing for the first half. Have a house rented starting Wednesday of DS week.

One2go

Reaction score
I arrive April 15, don’t leave until Monday after DS.
I know @Skater368 has a similar schedule and is at the Islander
Islander,for at least Tuesday through Sunday,Lol or Monday if can talk the wife into it..hit me up have couple beers 🍻