WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can you check to see if an employee is actually on Jury Duty?

SHEP

Reaction score
We have an employee who states she is on Jury Duty but we think she is just using it as an excuse to not come in to work. Is there a way to check to see if she is actually on a Jury? She keeps giving the run around about giving her summons as proof so I am pretty sure she's not, just want to prove it.

Thanks,

SHEP

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
They should be able to bring in a time stamped summons for proof.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I would think they have to produce it in order for you to not record it as an unexcused absence.

E4L

Reaction score
Reminds me im supposed to show up tomorrow. Fuck em. My punishment for registering to vote.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They give you a printout for your employer.

I'm sure you can copy them off the internet though. You can damn near order a social security card from the internet nowadays.

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I just had to go here in Las Vegas. They gave me nothing to provide to my employer till I was dismissed from jury duty. Also the judge didn't give us a set time to be there every day. One day its show up at 10 leave at 3, next its 8 to 5. And they didn't tell you till the end of the day before. It was bullshit. Couldn't of imagined if I was a single parent trying to line up a baby sitter. Let alone you only got paid $40 a day which doesn't even cover a baby sitter.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I just had to go here in Las Vegas. They gave me nothing to provide to my employer till I was dismissed from jury duty. Also the judge didn't give us a set time to be there every day. One day its show up at 10 leave at 3, next its 8 to 5. And they didn't tell you till the end of the day before. It was bullshit. Couldn't of imagined if I was a single parent trying to line up a baby sitter. Let alone you only got paid $40 a day which doesn't even cover a baby sitter.

I'll bet the attorneys are making plenty [emoji12]

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Oh hell yes they were. I was in jury selection for 2 weeks! Just sitting there in line waiting to be selected to sit on the jury and get questioned. Which I never did. Didn't speak once in court. 2 weeks wasted.

SCBLLC

Reaction score
My wife's coworker was selected for the Jody Arris sentencing hearing. She was ordered to close ALL social media accounts, no contact with the outside world.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I [emoji173]️ jury duty. Of course I probably wouldn't like it if I didn't get paid by my employer though.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
My wife's coworker was selected for the Jody Arris sentencing hearing. She was ordered to close ALL social media accounts, no contact with the outside world.

Damn... I would not be happy to get picked for a big one.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
You can require them to bring a note. Its easy and they do it.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I just served on a jury a couple of weeks ago. The judge said that he would write a note to any employer that requested it verifying that they are on jury duty. Ask her for the phone number of the court house and the name of the clerk. Call and ask the clerk to verify it. It should not be an issue.

Also at the end of jury duty they handed out forms that verified we were on jury duty. It's printed on special perforated paper so you can't just print it off the internet. At the very least you should ask for this paper when jury duty is over.