WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cancelling Live Feed Catalina :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have everything set in motion, and this Carmageddon deal with the 405 freeway happened. Long story short we have everything in place and ready to go, but we can not get a frequency from the FCC to broadcast from the Helicopters back to the Hotels. No frequency = no live feed. It was suggested that we record the race and broadcast it, but again with no frequency, the announcers can't see the race for the audio etc..

I would like to say, this isn't one of those we threw in the towel deals. SpotonDL has fought, clawed, bribed, borrowed, and begged to try and make this happen. A frequency is never impossible to come by, but with this news deal, every news agency in town is here, and the LAPD took the rest of the frequencies.. We even went so far as to talking to main guy at the FCC for the west coast, and tried to run it in a 2 hour window to no avail..

It is completely out of our hands at this point. :( All sponsors of the feed will be refunded their money, checks returned etc.. Any additional costs will be absorbed by CSR and myself.

I just found all this out about 20 minutes ago.. and needless to say I am very bummed.

RD

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
We have everything set in motion, and this Carmageddon deal with the 405 freeway happened. Long story short we have everything in place and ready to go, but we can not get a frequency from the FCC to broadcast from the Helicopters back to the Hotels. No frequency = no live feed. It was suggested that we record the race and broadcast it, but again with no frequency, the announcers can't see the race for the audio etc..

I would like to say, this isn't one of those we threw in the towel deals. SpotonDL has fought, clawed, bribed, borrowed, and begged to try and make this happen. A frequency is never impossible to come by, but with this news deal, every news agency in town is here, and the LAPD took the rest of the frequencies.. We even went so far as to talking to main guy at the FCC for the west coast, and tried to run it in a 2 hour window to no avail..

It is completely out of our hands at this point. :( All sponsors of the feed will be refunded their money, checks returned etc.. Any additional costs will be absorbed by CSR and myself.

I just found all this out about 20 minutes ago.. and needless to say I am very bummed.

RD
Thank you and everyone involved for the herculian effort Dave!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Dave et al,

On behalf of skiracers and fans worldwide, thank you!

Something something Tapatalk

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
That really sucks, but what are you going to do, the race will still go on and I will be there!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Gosh darn ding dang jeesh dag nabit fuck! this sport keeps proving itself to be the most extremely difficult sport in the world. not for the weak! I have seen this as others in the sport have now too often. I know the feeling of wanting to break this sport wide open but without out cash or clout it is the most difficult sport int he world to film, view, or be demographically desirable to sponsors to get the cash to make it happen. it seems that anyone who takes this sport on is in for the challenges of their life on all levels. Some of us love that about it. It's some kind of freaky curse or something that it is so difficult get something viewable to the masses. There is no other sport in the world like this one to film for so many reasons. We just have to keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!!

skiracer321

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Dave! Thanks for the effort! We will see you at the race!

GS-321

work2ski

Reaction score
Bummer. I know you put a lot of work into this - what a crazy fluke! Stupid to think all the news media need seperate channels to all report the same thing!!!

There is always next year. Bigger & Better!

godzilla229

Reaction score
And the silly thing is there making a big deal out of NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thair's a hundred different way's to get around this fwy thing. Well ..... next year. Thanks Dave, welcome to skiracing. aka what can happen will happen.:smackhead

the sandman

Reaction score
Thanks for trying Dave. lets do it next year. The race will still be amazing. Listen for Rick and me to give everyone the scoop as it unfolds. see you in Long beach on Friday.