WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cancer Sux

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A741CC17-F5AC-4566-B7DF-D19B5948989B.jpeg

Today we heard what nobody ever wants to hear. Ludo has been battling cancer and today he lost the battle. I like Ludo more than I like most people and we are all pretty sad. He had some cancer that I can’t say and for sure can’t spell. If you google fluid in dogs belly it will come up. I’m bummed he didnt get to finish raising my boys but he was a damn good dog. We got Ludo during a really hard time in my life and he kind of helped bring us back together. This all happened in about a week and nothing else we could do. Hug your pups. Sandoval Ranch is not going to be the same with out my Lu dog.

C2A406FD-3446-4356-94BF-AF99D426811A.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! It’s so sad the 4 legged kiddos often don’t let you know they have an issue.

RIP Ludo

530RL

Reaction score
“Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it”

Very Sorry to hear about Ludo. Ludo was lucky to have you and your family.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's weird kind of, our pets are closer family than we think. We take them for granted, like we do family at times. The difference I've always felt was our pets never judge us, or stay mad at us for stupid things we do. They know us way better than we know them. When Pops died, their sharpei didn't leave my Mom's side. Dog was blind, but knew how to stay out from under foot. 5 years that dog was a protector and companion...living quite past her years. "Ginger" chose to checkout a week after my Mom. Her "work" was done...almost 18 years old.
It is a sad day, but one that will come into every family's life. It's a hard time, because that's when we see how big a part is missing 😢

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
There can be no doubt you guys did your best for Ludo,also always remember Ludo appreciated everyday she had with your family Vic. Damn shame their genetics not set up to stay with us longer.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I’m so sorry. Dogs are just the best. Thinking of you and your family.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’m so sorry Vic. I’ve been down that path and it’s a tough one. RIP Ludo 😢

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
All these doggie deaths are such a punch in the gut. We lost our boxer a few days before Christmas, I know exactly how you feel and it’s shitty feeling.

RIP Ludo.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that man. I feel losing a fur kid is harder than losing a family member at times. Try and take solace in knowing that you gave him the best life.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The kids had company over and they were fine. As soon as they left they all started crying. Damn this breaks my heart.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Damn harsh. So sorry for you and your family Vic. RIP Ludo. 😢

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss brother. I know there are some that may gripe about dogs on fancy boats but my dogs go every where with us. People are astounded when we show up at the lake with 3 90lb dogs and I carry each one from the truck to the boat and boat to the truck. They are just as much your kid as your real ones. Even though all my pups cringe like your pouring acid on them when my kiddos touch them they get crazy defensive about other dogs coming around our kids if they are weird.

Non the less I send my prayers to you and your family in this tough time.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Vic, it is traumatic to loose a member of the family and it is heartbreaking to all. Just know that you and your family provided this special family member the best life experience he could have had and he can feel the feeling of loss and love from your family. Your life companion is in a better place and you and your family will reunite in what ever happens in our after life. I am not a religious person but firmly believe our souls will reconnect to those we have loved in our lives. after passing from this word.

Best wishes to you and your family, don't let the passing of a beloved family member preclude you from taking on the responsibility of caring for another life partner, they are special...and need your love and reward that love in different ways.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news...

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Sad to hear..RIP..
We lost both Goldens 2 years apart to same stuff.. we couldn't spell or pronounce the crap...
Been almost 3 yrs and still not ready for more.. we talk about it but haven't pulled trigger on more fur babies.( woman calls um that)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
House is quite. I haven’t slept till 7 in years. Kids are still asleep, and the other two pups didn’t get up with me. Now I’m sure they know too. I miss him getting up with me every morning to go feed the goats and chickens already. This is rough. I miss my dog

PaPaG

Reaction score
View attachment 995711

Today we heard what nobody ever wants to hear. Ludo has been battling cancer and today he lost the battle. I like Ludo more than I like most people and we are all pretty sad. He had some cancer that I can’t say and for sure can’t spell. If you google fluid in dogs belly it will come up. I’m bummed he didnt get to finish raising my boys but he was a damn good dog. We got Ludo during a really hard time in my life and he kind of helped bring us back together. This all happened in about a week and nothing else we could do. Hug your pups. Sandoval Ranch is not going to be the same with out my Lu dog.

View attachment 995719
Sorry to hear about your loss, so sad when we lose a furbaby.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t know why but when my wife started folding up his crate right now I got really bothered. The last thing we need right now is to argue so I’m just going outside for a while. I’m not even sure why I’m bothered I’m just in a worse mood than normal today. I’m trying to stay busy to keep my mind off things but I can’t, everything reminds me of him.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Lost my Cooper 1 1/2 years ago, best buddy I have ever had. He was 17 and a big part of the family.
20210425_123703.jpg

TBulger

Reaction score
Aw geez, one of life’s little pleasures is our dog, so sad. Sorry