WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cancer

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have lost so many Relatives, Friends etc. from this Evil Disease. Then after all the Fund Raisers, Telethons, On and On are we getting anywhere? I know that the "Covid" is different (?) but it just seemed that After President Trump decided we are going to Do This in an amazing Short Time, DAMN done deal.

When POLIO was a plague back when it was focused on and cured. There are many different kinds of Cancer, BUT?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Polio is a virus. Treated entirely differently.
Over 120 types of cancer over 120 types of chemo and treatments.

Wife has been an specialty Oncology nurse over 20 years.
Over that time she has seen the survival rate go from 27% to well over 80%.

Early detection, don't smoke, don't eat red meat nor meat with nitrates, plus a colonoscopy and regular prostrate cancer test really helps prevent it.

Wife bought 20 copies of this book and handed them out asking people to pass the book on. Great reading:

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We were in Two Harbors at the back bar and a group of girls in Camp Councilor uniforms came in. I put $100 on the bar and told the bartender their drinks are on us.

They came over and thanked us then got to talking to the wife. They worked in an Island summer camp for young girls with breast cancer. All the camp councilor's themselves once had breast cancer under the age of 14.

All the stories of their experiences they told my wife were different and painful to hear.

Most the cancer patient kids at the camp were age 8 to 12 the wife learned.

Some breast cancer is slow moving, some spread fast through the body and quick death is imminent the wife told me. It mutates and hides elsewhere in the body and fast.

Early detection saved these kids lives.
Lumps, bruises, night sweats a sure sign too.

Their is a guy near San Diego that’s spent a couple billion $$ of his own bank on coding cancer and tracking and predicting it’s changes on super computers.

They’ve been able to prolong livespan with this tech but not yet crush certain cancers. Looking promising

Also wife stresses this to parents:

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
“The emperor of all maladies” is the most definitive book/ tv show that the average layman can learn from.
Cancer, and the related treatment approaches are so multi faceted and so diverse it’s almost unfathomable.
Its almost like a pre-programmed failsafe to ensure mortality.
It’s very easy to say that Cancer is an industry, and very difficult to argue against that point.
But my journey completely opened my eyes as to what it is. I watched and read and researched everything I could to the point of the limits of my understanding the data, both biological and mathematical.
Cancer is truly the emperor of all maladies.
The mutation of the root oncogene combinations itself in response to biological prevention tactics is the first slap to researchers. And it only gets harder from there.
Imagine even going into a field of research or medicine where success is measured in days of life extension. Where there is little hope for total success, where almost ALL your patients die, depending on your focus.
Cancer researchers and oncologists are extremely dedicated people. Extremely dedicated.
There have been tremendous advancements in the last 50 years. And the research seems to compound success these days with our computer analysis capabilities.
There are multiple descriptions of what is a “cure”.
For instance, treating existing conditions is where we see Chemo, radiation, and ongoing clinical trials.
Prevention is another form of cure.
It’s been estimated and widely accepted that up to 50%!of all cancer diagnoses can be prevented if we eliminated smoking and obesity in this Country.
Each form of cancer is different. Eliminating the “easy” ones have opened doors to different approaches for the big killers.
Breast cancer itself has so many forms and each one is completely different.
Debs was HER2 positive.
That’s a mutation where the receptors on the cancer cells that absorb sugars as food are about 100x more plentiful and aggressive than an”plain” breast cancer cell.
This was a guaranteed 90 day death sentence just a couple decades ago.
Herceptin is the drug that began being developed in 1992 to combat this turbocharged feeding frenzy of HER2+ cells.
It was approved by FDA in 1998 in an expedited second step approval after public outcry and protests that shut down the streets in the bay area,
when second stage clinical trials were showing extraordinary survival rates while other control group women were dying.
The FDA had to expedite or there was going to be lynchings.
Herceptin can be pictured as a “horseshoe” shaped microbe that simply seeks out and covers the end of the hair shaped receptors on each cancer cell, disrupting its ability to eat and grow and divide. In Debs final treatments they figured a way to marry the actual Chemo microbe with a Herceptin microbe in a blend to effectively create a targeted Chemo entity, allowing higher strength doses with little side effects.
These treatments extended Debs life by 5 years. She had breast cancer in every organ of her body, her bones, her blood, etc for about 4 of those years.
When it went to her brain that was final.
Chemo is not used on brain tumors due to the lining.
That’s when you embrace the horror, and learn all about pain management.
So Herceptin took about 12 years to be readily prescribed, it extends most HER2+ patients life by 2-5 years.
This is how success is measured in the field of oncology.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have been convinced that we no longer cure anything because there is no money in it. The real money comes from treating symptoms long term.

It’s both.
The difference can be readily seen when going from your local oncology hack to a top tier research center.
Dr Sheth at Stanford literally saved Debbies life on day one of her second round of treatments. I got her in there with a referral from her surgeon in Redding after the local oncology center proved 100% ineffective. They couldn’t even get her scheduled for anything while her condition deteriorated by the day.
Stanford literally freaked out when the saw her condition.
But anyway, those at the top of their fields are 100% dedicated to the challenge. They conference, compare, debate, agree on paths of research and treatment, etc.
It is their life’s work, at least that’s my observations.

Personally, I think an entirely different approach will yield the most success, as in prevention, with secondary treatments more aligned with the steps used to eliminate childhood leukemia.
Basically a tailored treatment determined by each individuals cell analysis.

But that shit ain’t cheap.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If the world wide effort, money and technology that has been expended on the Covid-19 vaccine was used to find a cure/advanced treatment for Cancer, I would wager in less than 2 years we would kick cancer's ass.

It certainly would have been a giant infusion.
(Sorry for the pun)

Not only was the squandering of so much money politically driven, but the criminal like negligence of other maladies over the past year is truly disgusting.
People denied access to treatment for all kinds of shit because grandma might get covid.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
My one experience with my Father was the Eye Opener and a Life Long, Life altering Memory. I was in 8th grade and when arrived home from School, there was a Note from my Mother telling my Brother and i that they had to go to Sioux Falls and to do our "Chpres" and they would be home after awhile. I just had "that feeling" but that evening when my Parents arrived home it was "in the air" strange. They were making this Odd small talk and it was so obvious that there was Something?

Well soon after they sat us down and broke "IT" to us. Back then at the age I was it was a whirlwind of What's what if's why's. I remember how difficult Chemo and Radiation was on my Dad,then to add Insult to injury the Hair loss and so weak and tired. My uncle, Cousin and Brother and I did pick up the slack on the Farm needs, and that compounded his attitude. Well then incredibly my Mother picked us up from school one day which was unusual as we had to ride the Dreaded School Bus. She was in Tears Happy and saying we "Got IT" and the Cancer Cure High was like nothing I had ever experienced and life was Good and back to "Normal" I went on with my B.S. teenage life and although "IT" was never discussed in the Family I felt it always there. Then I guess months later my Parents called us in the Living Room to "Talk" to us, I just knew.
The next portion of the "Sentence" is just a Flat Out devastating., in and out of The VA and eventually "IN" for the duration, I was juggling HS, Farming, keeping my Mother from doing any more than she had to. I would excape in the evenings listening to Music, staring at the ceiling and thinking worrying, hoping, praying, until fell asleep.
I remember my Uncle coming to School to rush us to the Hospital, in my wildest worst imagination could I ever be prepared for what was coming
I had seen all the Movies when The Actors just closed their eyes and it's over. I have played the "Event" over in my mind so many thousands of times, as Damn I wish we would have been a couple of hours Late.. This just changed everything. The Man I loved so much a Sole survivor of a PT. Torpedo "HIT" lost an Eye,Hair burned off his Body, Shark Bites all up and down his legs. When rescued he was floating holding his Dead Captain in burning fuel and oil in the Pacific Ocean. He never said a word of all this and I found out all the storey from the Friend who received special permission to go and look for him and his Crew. Never complained, never took any Govt. Program Money, would help anyone , donated blood , any morning noon or evening.

A Part of the Greatest generation.

I think the most Evil part of Cancer, at least in my Case. After the Kick in the "Gut" you get the False "UPPER" of we got it only to the eventual Let Down.

I just do not know!!

When ever I hear the Horrible Word, a rush of emotions come over me and I think of the Poor Soul who is the "ONE' today.:(

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If the world wide effort, money and technology that has been expended on the Covid-19 vaccine was used to find a cure/advanced treatment for Cancer, I would wager in less than 2 years we would kick cancer's ass.
Considering Cancer killed way more people in the last year than Covid you would think people would be more focused on this disease. Unfortunately there is more money in the treatment than the cure so it will go on forever. I lost count how many friends and family have been taken from this disease.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Lost my mother in 1971 to brain tumors, that was a tough time in my life to watch her go through it all. My father in 1998 and my little sister in 2004. What a horrible disease to watch anyone much less a loved to perish to.
FUCK CANCER

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Most cancers have a cure.
Majority of those that don't are mostly dependent on early detection.
Isn't just one cancer. Their are well over 100 different cancers.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
“Cure” is an ambiguous term.
Let’s look at the part I know about.
Genentech and Herceptin and HER2.
In the 80’s a German dr and researcher at Genentech identified the Human growth protein mutation known today as HER2.
At a speech following his publications a Dr and cancer researcher named Dennis Slamon approached him and shared data from his breast cancer research and what he believed was the effect of this protein on breast cancer patients.
To shorten this story and get to my point, they presented their theory to Genentech admin and received limited funding to develop this theory and a drug to address this condition.
Well, before long Genentech decided that this Avenue was fruitless from a profitability standpoint, and not enough progress was presentable for further grant money either.
They dropped funding for it. The German cat quit. But Dr Slamon continued his research at UCLA (he never actually worked for Genentech)

After a number of years spent researching and harassing Genentech to develop what would be known as herceptin, he finally got them to fund development. Finally, it made it to clinical trial with not much success.
The dr realized that the trial groups were not specifically tailored to the desired target of the drug. He was lucky to get further trial funding. But then a funny thing happened. The drug started showing some of the most dramatic results in the history of FDA trials and cancer treatments in general.
So much so that the second stage of trials was modified for approval in an unprecedented move.
There were literally people rioting in SF at the Genentech facility.

The point is this.
Today, Herceptin is one of the most specific successes as a cancer drug for a condition that affects about 30% of all breast cancer patients.
But it took over a decade of lobbying, one mans career, another mans perseverance, and finally a huge financial risk from a pharmaceutical company to come to fruition.

Pharma companies are not charities. They have to decide which avenues are worth developing and Pursuing.
They work on grants, profit, and donations from cancer research. The more bad decisions they make, the less money they get, and the higher prices go.
These are funds that every avenue of research are chasing. Be it treatment, prevention, or causation.
Cancer is not cut and dried. The same exact cancer in one is not the same as in another.
It’s an ever shifting condition, causing and affecting and being affected by every change every second in every different person.

Years of promising research can (and usually are) wiped out by an unexpected mutation in any one of the approaches.
Which, by the way, are all based on statistical data with very little empirical data.

It’s a daunting endeavor...

Truly...The emperor of all maladies...

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here’s a quick rundown on what we dealt with.
Trastuzumab is Herceptin.
Deb did that for 3 years, the 4th year was the blend “TDM1” which as they show sort of piggybacks the Herceptin straight to the target cell with a high dose of toxicity.
It all worked great until the cancer hit the brain and that was game over.

Remember, this is one avenue of research in one form of breast cancer.
The scope of cancer research is mind boggling. There are endless number of people who dedicate their entire careers and lives to finding even the slightest advancement in cancer treatments or prevention.

If metastatic spread can be curtailed at least temporarily, I feel that advancement of TDM1 research will drop HER2+ morbidity to the levels of other, less aggressive breast cancers.
To date however, the guidelines for usage require the steps to be taken with Herceptin before treatment can be expanded. Insurance and all.
Unless that’s changed in the last 2 years.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
“Cure” is an ambiguous term.
Let’s look at the part I know about.
Genentech and Herceptin and HER2.
In the 80’s a German dr and researcher at Genentech identified the Human growth protein mutation known today as HER2.
At a speech following his publications a Dr and cancer researcher named Dennis Slamon approached him and shared data from his breast cancer research and what he believed was the effect of this protein on breast cancer patients.
To shorten this story and get to my point, they presented their theory to Genentech admin and received limited funding to develop this theory and a drug to address this condition.
Well, before long Genentech decided that this Avenue was fruitless from a profitability standpoint, and not enough progress was presentable for further grant money either.
They dropped funding for it. The German cat quit. But Dr Slamon continued his research at UCLA (he never actually worked for Genentech)

After a number of years spent researching and harassing Genentech to develop what would be known as herceptin, he finally got them to fund development. Finally, it made it to clinical trial with not much success.
The dr realized that the trial groups were not specifically tailored to the desired target of the drug. He was lucky to get further trial funding. But then a funny thing happened. The drug started showing some of the most dramatic results in the history of FDA trials and cancer treatments in general.
So much so that the second stage of trials was modified for approval in an unprecedented move.
There were literally people rioting in SF at the Genentech facility.

The point is this.
Today, Herceptin is one of the most specific successes as a cancer drug for a condition that affects about 30% of all breast cancer patients.
But it took over a decade of lobbying, one mans career, another mans perseverance, and finally a huge financial risk from a pharmaceutical company to come to fruition.

Pharma companies are not charities. They have to decide which avenues are worth developing and Pursuing.
They work on grants, profit, and donations from cancer research. The more bad decisions they make, the less money they get, and the higher prices go.
These are funds that every avenue of research are chasing. Be it treatment, prevention, or causation.
Cancer is not cut and dried. The same exact cancer in one is not the same as in another.
It’s an ever shifting condition, causing and affecting and being affected by every change every second in every different person.

Years of promising research can (and usually are) wiped out by an unexpected mutation in any one of the approaches.
Which, by the way, are all based on statistical data with very little empirical data.

It’s a daunting endeavor...

Truly...The emperor of all maladies...
Genentech has a huge facility in my little city of Oceanside. One of the top guys(german dude) there was a great bmw customer of mine, bought a new car via the Euro-delivery program every year or two.
My brother truly was inspired to choose his pharmacology path/degree because of a super close family friends fight with cancer. He's expressed to me how the actual treatments we have available haven't really changed a whole lot in several decades. The real change in survival rate, as @TPC alluded to, is the much earlier detection medicine has been able to produce.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Genentech has a huge facility in my little city of Oceanside. One of the top guys(german dude) there was a great bmw customer of mine, bought a new car via the Euro-delivery program every year or two.
My brother truly was inspired to choose his pharmacology path/degree because of a super close family friends fight with cancer. He's expressed to me how the actual treatments we have available haven't really changed a whole lot in several decades. The real change in survival rate, as @TPC alluded to, is the much earlier detection medicine has been able to produce.

Without question pre or early metastasis diagnosis is key in almost every form.
I second guess a lot of what we did in Debs first year.
Today HER2 patients have a 25% chance of 10 year survival I believe.
If we had got to Stanford a few months earlier???

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Then after all the Fund Raisers, Telethons, On and On are we getting anywhere?

There are many different kinds of Cancer, BUT?

Yeah we're getting anywhere.
HUGE developments.
I've told this before I know:

About 3 years ago was the first to be givin the chemo Avastin for colon cancer. My symptoms vanished by the morning of the third day. My cancer 3 months later. It's now been approved to treat Ovarian and Cervical cancer.
By using Avastin I didn't need radiation that will cause horrible permanent side effects nor a colostomy bag.

Theirs no silver bullet out there and they aren't holding anything back. Thinking that isn't good during treatment. You attitude effects your immune system. Stress shuts it down.

My ex was working for AMGEN.
They were onto the cancer drug Epogen.
They needed a quick 5 Billion $$ to keep the development going and billions more to get the product perfected and onto market. They were 10 years away.
Epogen builds white blood cells in cancer patients and that is essential for recovery. Everyone gets it during their treatment. It is a miracle drug.

My ex's boss spoke perfect Japanese and got a phone call their was a threesome about to T up at Los Robles and they wanted a fourth golfer.
He was there in minutes.
The other three golfers were execs with Kirin beer out here from Japan to set up a brewing contract with Budweiser.
The golf starter knew nothing of this nor that the Ex's boss spoke Japanese. It was just dumb luck he hooked them all up.

During the 18 holes the Kirin execs learned all about Epogen and a month later they gave AMGEN the $5 billion they needed to keep the program afloat. Billions more as the development hit promising milestones.
BTW:
Chinese Chugai Pharma stole all the technology and it was Kirin that took them to court and won.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We were camping on Stevens Mine RD last year in Spangler when two guys rode up and invited us to a charity ride scheduled the next day.

A young mother in Ridgecrest had a 7 year old daughter at children's hospital with a severe rare form of Leukemia. The ride was to raise enough $$ so mom could quit her job or take a leave and be with her child.
A rare form of blood cancer that is treated with Arsenic among many other drugs the wife told me. It can be beat.

Oh brother did they raise the funds. Businesses from the greater area all donated money and raffle items. Deluxe raffle items like suspension systems and Disney cruises. We were in awe of the turnout.

At this time CART T leukemia chemo was being tested with the wife involved and her hospitals cancer research center. Looked effective at first,,, then the cancers came roaring back.
Near same results with a lung cancer program but they made strides and they can cure some forms.

No silver bullets out there. Put those thoughts right in there with we faked the moon landing.

Different Cancers mutate and hide. Then attacks your bodies immune system causing your immune system to attack itself. Mutate makes the chemo ineffective.
Avastin fought my cancer. Another chemo fought and shrunk my 25 cent size tumor. Another chemo carried that tumor off like ants at a picnic. Another chemo prevented my immune system from attacking itself.
It's a system.
No silver bullets.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Prostate Cancer seems to be in the news so often anymore. I haven't really heard of anything in the way of Prevention?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
PSA tests are standard in men's physicals.
When did anyone in this thread last have a physical?
If they didn't do a PSA test then change doctors.

Dudes don't want the needle in the blood test.
Nor do they want the finger wave. Ya don't need it if your PSA numbers are cool.
Read this:

Last edited:

Looking Glass

Reaction score
When did you last have a physical?

YES, BUT I have been told that is NOT a Tell All?

Looking Glass

Reaction score

Nor do they want the finger wave. Ya don't need it if your PSA numbers are cool.
Read this:
[/QUOTE

What a Relief that is!! I had ONE = Up the Rear End Dealio's. And honestly do not know if that is Doable again. Maybe All in the Mind, but it was a Not Good experience, Been Avoiding.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Read this:

PSA and scope last year!
PSA good, 2 pre-c polyps removed.
Same as 6 years ago on the scope.
Doc said I was right on the cusp for 10 year intervals. I said “see you in 5...”

Reactions: TPC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Prostate Cancer seems to be in the news so often anymore. I haven't really heard of anything in the way of Prevention?

It’s all statistical.
There is a million different stats

“Men over 50 that only eat red meat on Fridays and have tomato sauce 3 times a week while standing on one foot have a 0.67% less chance of prostate cancer...”

These types of stats are endless. But not meaningless.
Some stats are definitive. Smoking and obesity are 2 that simply can’t be ignored.
Dietary stats are significant for some cancers.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It’s all statistical.

“Men over 50 that only eat red meat on Fridays and have tomato sauce 3 times a week while standing on one foot have a 0.67% less chance of prostate cancer...”

Some stats are definitive. Smoking and obesity are 2 that simply can’t be ignored.

.67%o_O

Andy B.

Reaction score
It’s all statistical.

I eat very well exercise 5-6 days a week low body fat cancer doesn't care its in your genes ask me how I know!! All three of the men in our family .......

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Everyone I know that had Prostrate cancer had their prostrate removed. They just said fuck it,, take it.

When you get a cancer diagnosis you instantly become a myopic Cyclops and what you cherish most is all you see or think about. It's a empty feeling like none other you ever experienced. Getting as far away from cancer as fast as you can is THE most foremost on your mind after your loved ones.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
PSA and scope last year!
PSA good, 2 pre-c polyps removed.
Same as 6 years ago on the scope.
Doc said I was right on the cusp for 10 year intervals. I said “see you in 5...”
About once a month after I pee the wife walks in behind me with a blood in urine test.
Positives turned out to be kidney stones.
Don't drink diet drinks.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Everyone I know that had Prostrate cancer had their prostrate removed. They just said fuck it,, take it.

When you get a cancer diagnosis you instantly become a myopic Cyclops and what you cherish most is all you see or think about. It's a empty feeling like none other you ever experienced. Getting as far away from cancer as fast as you can is THE most foremost on your mind after your loved ones.

Dad had his out at 55, but jt was too late. He did make it 13 more years before being steamrolled though, dying at 68.
They estimated he had cancer for 15 years before the surgery. He just never went to the doctor for anything.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I got lucky my brother ordered me( said he would get on a plane to take me to doctor if I didn't call him back within the week) he's 3 years older same lifestyle he ignored symptoms. Had his removed got lucky didn't leave his prostate.! I had no symptoms no cancer on one side 25% on the other side didn't leave the prostate. I had an excellent surgeon was able to save both nerve sacs my wife is very happy 😂!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
I was 53 when I had mine removed 55 now start checking PSA (all blood work) at 45 at least your spouse will thank you and make sure surgeon is top notch!! Robotic surgery can even see 3 of the 5 incisions.

I Don't post personal crap but if it can save a life fuck it im in.

Reactions: DLC

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I got lucky my brother ordered me( said he would get on a plane to take me to doctor if I didn't call him back within the week) he's 3 years older same lifestyle he ignored symptoms. Had his removed got lucky didn't leave his prostate.! I had no symptoms no cancer on one side 25% on the other side didn't leave the prostate. I had an excellent surgeon was able to save both nerve sacs my wife is very happy 😂!!

Thanks!!, I think one of the biggest misconceptions is once you have your Prostate removed your sex Life is OVER?

I have heard that more times than I can recall. 🤔

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah we're getting anywhere.
HUGE developments.
I've told this before I know:

About 3 years ago was the first to be givin the chemo Avastin for colon cancer. My symptoms vanished by the morning of the third day. My cancer 3 months later. It's now been approved to treat Ovarian and Cervical cancer.
By using Avastin I didn't need radiation that will cause horrible permanent side effects nor a colostomy bag.

Theirs no silver bullet out there and they aren't holding anything back. Thinking that isn't good during treatment. You attitude effects your immune system. Stress shuts it down.

My ex was working for AMGEN.
They were onto the cancer drug Epogen.
They needed a quick 5 Billion $$ to keep the development going and billions more to get the product perfected and onto market. They were 10 years away.
Epogen builds white blood cells in cancer patients and that is essential for recovery. Everyone gets it during their treatment. It is a miracle drug.

My ex's boss spoke perfect Japanese and got a phone call their was a threesome about to T up at Los Robles and they wanted a fourth golfer.
He was there in minutes.
The other three golfers were execs with Kirin beer out here from Japan to set up a brewing contract with Budweiser.
The golf starter knew nothing of this nor that the Ex's boss spoke Japanese. It was just dumb luck he hooked them all up.

During the 18 holes the Kirin execs learned all about Epogen and a month later they gave AMGEN the $5 billion they needed to keep the program afloat. Billions more as the development hit promising milestones.
BTW:
Chinese Chugai Pharma stole all the technology and it was Kirin that took them to court and won.

So much truth.

When I delivered Deb to Stanford I was literally begging her to stay alive. We left Redding in the middle of the night to be there at 7AM. I don’t think she would have made it another week if I hadn’t have called her surgeon at my wits end. The local cancer center had been bought out by Mercy and all the doctors quit. This was almost a year after diagnosis and about 6 months after her initial chemo and radiation. We didn’t know any better, we thought it was over. We got left hanging with countless other patients. Many did not have the resources to change paths and simply died.
Anyway, they took one look at her at Stanford and were shocked. They put her straight into the chair and plugged into her port for a marathon 7 hour, 3 bag initial infusion blend. Herceptin, Chemo, and something else. Half speed to see her reactions. Well, about 1 hour in the started to go into toxic shock because the pulverized cancer cells were plugging up her kidneys from being blasted by the chemo. The Herceptin carried that chemo straight in for the kill and just started blasting that shit apart. Remember, she had tumors everywhere at that point, so it was a battle Royale.
So they put her in the emergency room ICU for the next 18 hours and kept the chemo at a trickle. When they finally got all the chemo in almost 24 hours after they started, she was a different person. She walked out of there her normal self. Like night and day from when I almost carried her into the facility. That’s when we first heard of Neupogen. Don’t know if it’s the same as Epogen, but it is a white blood cell stimulant.
So from then on she did 3 injections of Neupogen (one per day) after every infusion...which was every week for a year at Stanford.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Sitting in ER with wife now. Been going through chemo for about a year and a half. First found in colon, removed mass and put colon back together so no bag. 6 months later blood work showed cancer again. PET scan showed 3 hotspots in her liver. 6 months of chemo then surgery to remove the infected areas. More chemo and everything looked good. Took her off chemo for 2 months then PET scan showed back in liver. More chemo then they could not
get the chemical that goes in the pump. So they put her on pills she has to take everyday for 2 weeks. Now instead of feeling sick for a day or so after pump comes off, it’s everyday. This cancer thing suck balls

JDKRXW

Reaction score
There's

There's a very, very simple answer as to why the LESS of the elite die from cancer than the rest of us;
They take way better care of themselves than we do.
Biden, Gates, Buffett (and all their ilk), the Queen, every Saudi royal etc. etc have t.h.e. best doctors on staff - every day.
They sneeze and they get checked out.
At the first sign of trouble and they're getting treated. It's been this way since medicine was started to be practiced and this is why for example that there's lots of examples of Nobility living crazy long times throughout history.
Its been mentioned multiple times in this thread - practice prevention and don't wait to get problems looked at.

Cdog

Reaction score
We’re dealing with this now. Wife has stage 2 triple negative in left breast. Found the lump from her annual exam. We pushed like hell to expedite things and went from biopsy to first chemo treatment in 3 weeks. Weekly chemo through her port. 3 weeks in & she’s now losing her hair. The last 1.5 months have been an emotional roller coaster.

infield

Reaction score
I had prostate cancer surgery 3 years ago. PSA 9. Needle biopsy showed cancer in about 7 of the 10 samples taken. Pathologist assumed it had broached the prostate wall and had spread. Did the non nerve sparing surgery. Well the good news was the examination by the pathologist after removal indicated it did not leave the prostate. My PSA went to undetectable and has stayed that way since.
Dr. indicated to me that I would die fairly soon when first discovered. He still can't believe my recovery. I told him at diagnosis that I could out work anyone in the city of Wichita and expected to be able to after surgery. And I still can. This happened when I was 63 and now I'm 67. It takes some serious chemicals to achieve sexual function but it is bullet proof when you commit to it.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
RDP

I keep looking and hoping someone comes up with something....

I've been carved on more times than I can count... from Skin Cancer..

This Doc has cured many patients (so they say)...

still in Biz

just passing along....

Screenshot_20230603-111514_Telegram.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Lost my mother in 1971 to brain tumors, that was a tough time in my life to watch her go through it all. My father in 1998 and my little sister in 2004. What a horrible disease to watch anyone much less a loved to perish to.
FUCK CANCER
TTT...CANCER SUXS!

DLC

Reaction score
A lot of Excellent Information in here!

Thank you!

F Cancer !

I’m going to make a Dr appointment

I need a check up

DWC

Reaction score
We’re dealing with this now. Wife has stage 2 triple negative in left breast. Found the lump from her annual exam. We pushed like hell to expedite things and went from biopsy to first chemo treatment in 3 weeks. Weekly chemo through her port. 3 weeks in & she’s now losing her hair. The last 1.5 months have been an emotional roller coaster.
So sorry to hear. Good for you pushing forward. The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part. The good thing is the technology gets better every single day.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I’m so sorry to read this. Your wife is a warrior and so are you being by her side. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of the wife’s fight. This reminds me the wife needs to go get a second check that she has been delaying. I hope that your wife kicks cancer’s ass and out lives you like most wives do. LOL. I know it can be hard but keep your head up as best you can. 👍