WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can't help but think about the inflation and something has to give

2Driver

Reaction score
Supply and demand or cost induced it’s all inflation and it’s in gear.

As you say not enough supply and too many people with cash chasing too few goods - yep. So what does Biden do, print more cash and introduce another 2 programs for another 4 trillion injection, now you have even more cash chasing the supply shortage and you end up with supply shock inflation.

The reason it isn’t in food yet as it shows up there down stream. Increases in fuel, steel and wages don’t show up in food overnight, but they will. That guys commodity chart above says it all, classic beginnings.

RCDave

Reaction score

As you say not enough supply and too many people with cash chasing too few goods - yep. So what does Biden do, print more cash and introduce another 2 programs for another 4 trillion injection, now you have even more cash chasing the supply shortage and you end up with supply shock inflation.

The reason it isn’t in food yet as it shows up there down stream. Increases in fuel, steel and wages don’t show up in food overnight, but they will. That guys commodity chart above says it all, classic beginnings.

This man wins a prize. Spot on

RodnJen

Reaction score

The difference is that President Biden’s plan will create jobs and build much needed infrastructure. The last effort induced stock buy backs and increased the wealth gap.

RCDave

Reaction score
The difference is that President Biden’s plan will create jobs and build much needed infrastructure. The last effort induced stock buy backs and increased the wealth gap.

Take some economics courses. Enlightenment is possible

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Agreed in principle, but once again, hyperinflation it is not, inflation yes.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
4351A6B1-8738-4020-9C16-1C1B5513FE87.jpeg

Yamaha jet boat for $90k
Exhibit A: 🤣
06546DD3-010F-4D1D-BA1E-5C181852E4E7.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I bought my first new car for $3000, and my first house for 30k.....prices of homes in havasu just did a catch up to so-cal,... people from cal sold less of a home for way way more, and bought way way more of a home for way way less in havasu,... and at the same time upped their income level.... they lived in lower income home areas in cal and moved in to upper income homes in havsu, and pocketed money...

That was the case for us as well. The price of Havasu was about 20% of our primary residence. Fortunately for us it was a year and a half ago. The crazones was not there. But we did have the mindset that it was reasonably priced and that we wanted our house and we were willing to go over ask as needed to get the house.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score

How exactly is Bidens plan if that's what you even want to call it creating jobs? Every business owner I've spoken to in all kinds of different industries is telling me the same thing, they can't get people to work because they are getting their checks from the government. They would rather stay home and get a check. Before you blame it on wages people are paying way more due to demand in work and some companies are offering payment incentives to employees if they can get people to work and stay working for more then 60 days.

You need to step out of your bubble once in awhile and see what's really going on in the world.

DLC

Reaction score
are you talking about all those shovel ready jobs Obama / Biden funded / started ?
All the infrastructure spending will be kick backs to all the union people - shit look at schools going back to in class teaching! It’s a huge pay off that we the tax payers are funding

infrastructure spending is that building more facilities to house illegal oh I mean undocumented immigrants.....

we went from the lowest unemployment rate to paying people extra to stay home and not work.....

petie6464

Reaction score
Wife just read an article saying Havasu housing prices fell 13% in March/April.

This is from my $149,000 house here in LHC. What's funny is the price doesn't include the pool I put in a few years ago. If I were to list it today I would list it @ $619,900 and wait for the best over asking offer. Couple new houses gone up down the street all over $850.

Screenshot_20210430-214446_Zillow.jpg

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
We are absolutely experiencing inflation. Built a new house last year, and I could make 200k easy if I were to sell. Same model in a new build is minimum 100k more with a lottery to get in. Rent for a decent 3 bedroom apartment is equal to my mortgage. Cars are up 20-30%+, try finding a diesel truck. Food has absolutely gone up. Discounts are down/ non-existent. Fuel is up. Overall cost of living is up. Govt is printing money like it’s going out of style. My wages have not. Prices in the Midwest/tax/etc are the same and wages are even lower. I don’t see how any family without 2 solid skilled wages can survive right now. And that’s without spending on vacations and shit due to covid. Not to mention California money artificially inflating prices in places people leaving are moving to. My new build neighborhood is 50% cali transplants. Not a gripe, just an observation. Most have cashed out and have no job while buying 400k+ houses with a driveway full of new cars and toys.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
How exactly is Bidens plan if that's what you even want to call it creating jobs? Every business owner I've spoken to in all kinds of different industries is telling me the same thing, they can't get people to work because they are getting their checks from the government. They would rather stay home and get a check. Before you blame it on wages people are paying way more due to demand in work and some companies are offering payment incentives to employees if they can get people to work and stay working for more then 60 days.

You need to step out of your bubble once in awhile and see what's really going on in the world.

His bubble has no doors or windows just a TV screen tuned to MSNBC. 🤗

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Welcome to 70s era inflation. It’s here. And short of another 08 financial meltdown it’s not going to end anytime soon. And I don’t think we are in that situation. This is more than supply and demand. This is going to be painful. Can only kick the can down the road for so long without consequences.

76sanger

Reaction score
So it sounds like to me that Havasu is going to be a lost cause as well. I mean with all these Nazifornians moving in, they may move, but they will still vote the same.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
as inflation happens the dollars are worth less.. so do we all empty out our mattresses and go buy gold and diamonds now? Or do we buy Magic’s abd hope that trend continues? Lol

at this point the dollar is the biggest depreciating asset I have! Truck is up, boat is up, motorhome is up etc.. dollar? I get less with it now than I did last year or the year before?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Landlords got bent over severely. The government gave away their rent.
Im lucky I got a dentist renting my place in LA.

I was lucky as well, all my tenants paid. One is a nurse.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
hmmm. 'dollars' as a depreciating 'asset'. that is an interesting proposal. USA has had record low inflation for around 20 years now, and many economists were worried about deflation, as in the Japanese experience. Deflation was threatening because productivity was continually outstripping the demand for dollars worldwide. (germany actually has a negative interest rate for DeutscheMarks ...you have to pay to park your money at a bank)

FWIW, a bout of inflation does solve one problem...external deficit. inflate the dollar and the value of contracts (US bonds) with other governments (China) is reduced.

Chinese stuff becomes more expensive...can we afford that? Costco and WalMart (& home depot, lowes) will start to look a little barren/expensive as the cheap stuff is suddenly more expensive...will US challengers arise to fill the gap? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score

are you talking about all those shovel ready jobs Obama / Biden funded / started ?
All the infrastructure spending will be kick backs to all the union people - shit look at schools going back to in class teaching! It’s a huge pay off that we the tax payers are funding

infrastructure spending is that building more facilities to house illegal oh I mean undocumented immigrants.....

we went from the lowest unemployment rate to paying people extra to stay home and not work.....

Good paying skilled labor jobs are what built this country. Not sure what you are afraid of.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It doesn’t appear to be much of an issue. I’m sure there are instances but seems to be more the exception.

Huh? The chart you provided shows 20-25% of renters didn’t pay.

Using your logic, why did we shut down at all in the first place? 1.4% of people dying from Covid seems to be the exception, not the rule.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So it sounds like to me that Havasu is going to be a lost cause as well. I mean with all these Nazifornians moving in, they may move, but they will still vote the same.
and they bring their ideas of how things should be..... I'm about sick of,.. "This is how we did it in so-cal....so cal lady got in the mvd,.. first thing that happened was adding 35 bucks to every reg for public safety awareness,.. then removal of all the chairs and make every one stand... then make it harder and harder to get a car reg..... aint it great... just like cal.....

RodnJen

Reaction score

Using your logic, why did we shut down at all in the first place? 1.4% of people dying from Covid seems to be the exception, not the rule.

What it shows is that the delinquency rate has little change from pre-COVID levels.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and to make it even more like cal... at havasu you now have to stand in line out side and wait an hour to eat at a restaurant ..... and wait for 2 green lights at intersections

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
just like cal
money talks. i think you may know the rest of the jaunder...alot of posts here talk about putting the place up for sale. to whom? will you get to choose between losing your locale to wealthier people because of - what?- greed? or is it merely the free market acting the way it should?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and now this.... traffic was backed up over the hill top last weekend trying to get on the forty

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

and there's no real proof of the 1.4%,... and how bout them using people as test rats,... i bet only 1 in 10 thousand really got the vaccine,.. the rest got saline... and of the 1 in 10k,.. they monitored the reactions...

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
and to make it even more like cal... at havasu you now have to stand in line out side and wait an hour to eat at a restaurant ..... and wait for 2 green lights at intersections
and now this.... traffic was backed up over the hill top last weekend trying to get on the forty

So what did you expect for one of the larger event weekends of the year? You ought to know better than to leave at the same time as everyone else by now. 😂😉

LowRiver2

Reaction score
24A596A7-90D1-48DE-8376-B12CDBE2820D.jpeg

Very nice boat , probably take a long time to make a new one with shortages?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So what did you expect for one of the larger event weekends of the year? You ought to know better than to leave at the same time as everyone else by now. 😂😉
the cost of having guests at your vacation home... we all had to go to breakfast sunday morning... I would have left a 3 am when I got up and had breakfast in searchlight

Reaction score
Anyone else remember “stagflation”?

Yep. 1970s. Triggered by the Arab oil crisis. Thankfully, Joe Biden didn’t cave to the environmentalists, maintained the Keystone pipeline, energy independence and isolated the U.S. economy from the turbulence of some geo political incident in the Middle East 🙄.

Last edited:

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

What’s always wrong with your theory or mindset is you continually fail to ignore the basic accounting principles of what it would take to get there and whether or not it is sustainable without increasing taxes. You make the assumption that it can be accomplished in one fail swoop of investment and that everything else just falls into place. You are blinded by your party to fully consider that the initial investment will require huge amounts of venture capital or taxpayer investment to support a model which is not proven to be sustainable. So typical of the left and those that are not impacted by big government agenda. Do your party a favor and take an accounting class so that you may start to understand the cost of your position and theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
What’s always wrong with your theory or mindset is you continually fail to ignore the basic accounting principles of what it would take to get there and whether or not it is sustainable without increasing taxes. You make the assumption that it can be accomplished in one fail swoop of investment and that everything else just falls into place. You are blinded by your party to fully consider that the initial investment will require huge amounts of venture capital or taxpayer investment to support a model which is not proven to be sustainable. So typical of the left and those that are not impacted by big government agenda. Do your party a favor and take an accounting class so that you may start to understand the cost of your position and theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, sounds like you’ve got it all figured out.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Do you guys know exactly what is included in the formula to calculate inflation?

i do not believe they include gasoline or even possibly food. I may be wrong on that. Its just numbers to be manipulated regardless.

you know if inflation is effecting you or not simply just by being aware of prices

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know exactly what is included in the formula to calculate inflation?

i do not believe they include gasoline or even possibly food. I may be wrong on that. Its just numbers to be manipulated regardless.

you know if inflation is effecting you or not simply just by being aware of prices

I agree, you have Chioces in life. You can live your life accrding to hopefully some "Common Sense" and although there are Some?Many things you want,BUT!! Get a Plan and enjoy yourself. Health First and then Ignore Foolish Charts, Polls and Predictions. The important thing is If you are comfortable where you are and feel the future is manageable, with Little or No Debt from TOYS etc. I wave witnessed every senario there is with people and at least for me, I can see what does and what does NOT work.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am quite annoyed with the "never finance a toy" crowd who talked me out of buying a boat 2 years ago. I have now saved up to buy what used to be a decent boat with cash, and now anything decent is flying off the market in a day.

If I wasn't in hawaii when it was listed, i would have been all over the 240 that @gqchris just bought.

Dude you should of asked me.
Id NEVER give you bad advise like that!

Hell I would have had you max out your credit line, then float even more on a CC for a minuscule down payment...in fact the least possible amount down, AND got more boat in the process!

If one TRULY believes that everyday should be lived to the fullest, then one can’t worry about the triviality of debt!

RCDave

Reaction score

Governments Calc of inflation is extremely misleading. It excludes many of the most expensive living expense items. Food, energy, etc

RodnJen

Reaction score
Dude you should of asked me.
Id NEVER give you bad advise like that!

Hell I would have had you max out your credit line, then float even more on a CC for a minuscule down payment...in fact the least possible amount down, AND got more boat in the process!

If one TRULY believes that everyday should be lived to the fullest, then one can’t worry about the triviality of debt!

Maybe decaf?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here’s the thing.
If he had financed a boat 2 years ago instead of saving cash for it, would the loan interest paid over 2 years (and for the life of the loan) outweigh extrapolated “inflation” (monetary devaluation in this example) for the same timeframe?
Keeping in mind he had/ has no boat while saving a steadily devaluating commodity (cash).
Plus the normally devaluating “toy” is actually building worth due to the same inflation.

In other words, he could have had a boat, made loan payments, and probably would have not cost much different all things considered.

My last irresponsible purchase is my douche vette.
But guess what? It’s worth more now than 2 years ago. It costs me 90 bucks a month right now in interest to own it, and the purchase price was about half of what you guys spend on an F250.

So to park that Z51 in the garage and keep over $40K in the bank cost me less than $125 a month since the word go.

That’s how I use inflation to my advantage.