WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can't Wait For This to Get to the USA

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Tesla Is Hiking Supercharger Prices "Significantly" Across Europe

teaser image
...it used to cost no more than $5 or $10 for a full charge at a Supercharger. Now, prices are approaching $30.

MON SEP 19, AT 12:02 PM

NPC crying glasses.jpeg

😆

River Runnin

Reaction score
I can't go anywhere or even to work! .. My electricity was out, got turned off, I forgot to plug it in, Power hasn't been turned back on yet by Government for not doing what they dictate! -- To control the Slaves! -- They need to control the GRID! -- And ALL this electric BullShit is making it easier and falling right into place. :(

traquer

Reaction score
And Don't forget a RainBow sticker! :D
Yes for sure! Funny me and my dad on the drive out to texas got into a discussion with this liberal professor lady moving from Berkeley to Austin. She was charging at the Hampton Inn at Van Horn. It was a funny conversation. I couldn't take it and went back to the room to drink, my father has the patience of a saint!

530RL

Reaction score
400 miles for 30 bucks or 7.5 cents a mile.

I am not interested in an electric car but even I can admit that economically beats the shit out of any ICE vehicle I have.

BingerFang

Reaction score

I am not interested in an electric car but even I can admit that economically beats the shit out of any ICE vehicle I have.

I think the real range is like 300 miles. Sonata hybrid gets 50mpg which would be a wash for half the price and you still get to stop at the pump.

530RL

Reaction score
What EV is getting even close to a real world 400 miles on a single charge?
Fair enough, call it 300 miles. Ten cents a mile.

Still a fraction of the cost for the performance.

Like I said, I don't want a glorified golf cart, but I can certainly do math well enough to understand that 30 bucks a charge is cheaper than pumping Ethyl into an equivalent performance ICE powered car.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Not when the car costs 2-3x as much to buy up front.

And 400 miles out of a Tesla is a pipe dream. It’s about 300 in perfect conditions and down from there.

MSum661

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He’s conveniently dismissing upstream costs, which are sure to rise proportionately to EV sales and ownership.

Most EV fanatics seem to. I get the draw, if you were gonna spend $60k+ on a car sure it is the cheapest option.

It’s not the cheapest yet equal transportation when you consider overall TCO.

Watch.. the fanatics will come for me. 😂They always do when I say that.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Most EV fanatics seem to. I get the draw, if you were gonna spend $60k+ on a car sure it is the cheapest option.

It’s not the cheapest yet equal transportation when you consider overall TCO.

Watch.. the fanatics will come for me. 😂They always do when I say that.

Imagine an electric speed car.
They’d fucking hang you!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You think it its going to stop at 4 bucks a gallon? :oops:

That is the question. What has more room to run? gas or electric? What is going to pay for the massive infrastructure needed to charge these cars? By the time there is enough chargers to fill up all the EVs sitting at condos, apartments etc. that can’t be charged at night, what is a 20 min “top off” at the charging station down the street going to cost? $50? You are holding those people hostage pretty much. They don’t have the benefit of $100k of infrastructure on their roof and side yard to “smart charge” their cars for the lowest cost possible.

Without a massive change in battery tech, you can only quick charge what, 20-30% in about 20-30 mins?

In 15 years if what they say is true in CA (it won’t happen) and only EVs are sold, it is going to cost more per mile to charge than fill up with gas.. and it will be like waiting at Costco every charge up.

Why in TF would anyone in that situation get an EV?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My time is worth way more than the cost differences between gas and electric. I’m not spending an hour charging my car every 300 miles. I have the wealth and means to pay for fuel and not have to wait. I can never get my time back.

Many of these electric cars have a cost premium over their fossil fuel counterparts that negates any advantage electric has over fuel. It would take years to break even and most people are not keeping their vehicles that long.

I stopped at Target on the way home. They have a huge Tesla charging station in the corner of the Target parking lot. Tesla owners were still waiting for an open charging station. So on top of the time it takes to charge the vehicle you’ve added time waiting for someone else to charge their vehicle.

timstoy

Reaction score
You think it is going to stop at 4 bucks a gallon? :oops:
Not with Biden running the show! Our strategic oil reserves are reaching all time low’s! What is Biden going to do when the reserves run out? Do you think electric prices will go down with more demand? In California we don’t have enough electricity now with no plans to build additional power plants. How are we going to keep up with demand? Don’t forget about the millions of illegal aliens coming to California placing even more strain on water, housing,gas, and electricity. It won’t work! God help us if Biden gets us in a war witch is a real possibility.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not a genius, or a prophet, but I bought the POS just after the election.

Energy is defined as the capacity to work. Electricity, gas, diesel...all are energy, and all cost money. If one goes higher, so will the others. Even if you ride a bicycle, the cost for calories has shot up as well.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Lubbock just got a grant for electric busses. Jusst leave that there.

L.A. used to have extensive system of electric streetcars/busses. Not battery bullshit. I remember the tracks.
Here, there is a bus service that runs from Levelland to Lubbock. Local around town trips, trips $1. Into Lubbock and back, $6.00 each way. So $12 for a 70 mile RT. Not bad. Spartan Transportation Services.
New Ford gas chassis, wheelchair lift, slick aluminum WC anchor point tracks when the seats flip up. Done it a few times.

Dollar Times, dollartimes.com, has a cost per mile calculator. At $4.00 a gallon the 454 RT will cost well past $20.
At $3.00 a gallon, now, it's cheaper, but (in fuel,) better to take a modern V6. $8.00 RT. So $12.00 a 70 RT, no wear and tear. If you do the .50 cents per mile rate. $35.

My neighbor has a tiny Fiat, 38mpg. Personally, I really liked the Prius V. A 2012, coming out of a 2006 BMW 325I it was fun to test drive a few cars but, for a GF needing a commuter, compared to say, a Volvo wagon, the Prius was far superior.

It's all bullshit. Another designer attack on personal freedom, curtailing mobility. Gavin gotta save the planet. Besides, can't have the Peasants freely roaming the countryside. They might take a pitchfork on a Pikes Peak road trip...

Enen

Reaction score
I've been daily driving a Model S Plaid for the last year. Happy to share my first hand experience with adding an EV to the stable. Tesla claims 400 miles of range. It will likely do it with a full charge and a driver with greater discipline over their right foot than me. The catch is Tesla recommends you only charge the battery to 80% every night. They recommend full charges for the occasional road trips.

One of the biggest things I'm not fond of is the lack of sound from an engine. It simply lacks proper stimulation of all 5 senses. That is my biggest gripe and probably the main reason I'd describe the ownership experience as simply.. meh..

The performance of this Plaid is almost indescribable. I have lined up with pretty much every high-line exotic. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, tuned 911 Turbo, a twin-turbo Viper, and a 1300hp GTR (that guy was pissed when he lost 😬) I walked them all like they forgot to take the parking brake off. From a dig and a roll. It wasn't even close. The closest thing to hang was a Hayabusa with an extended swing arm. We rolled into it on the freeway and I had him by a couple lengths until my son chimed in " Hey Dad, you're doing 175". Shit that comes up soo fast.. Maybe one day I'll cross paths with a UGR Huracan. If that happens I'll likely lose.

So in conclusion, you can throw all the muppet economics you want at Tesla or any other EV. It won't change the fact that a 5xxx lb car can beat a modified crotch rocket. In my book thats pretty cool.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I've been daily driving a Model S Plaid for the last year. Happy to share my first hand experience with adding an EV to the stable. Tesla claims 400 miles of range. It will likely do it with a full charge and a driver with greater discipline over their right foot than me. The catch is Tesla recommends you only charge the battery to 80% every night. They recommend full charges for the occasional road trips.

One of the biggest things I'm not fond of is the lack of sound from an engine. It simply lacks proper stimulation of all 5 senses. That is my biggest gripe and probably the main reason I'd describe the ownership experience as simply.. meh..

The performance of this Plaid is almost indescribable. I have lined up with pretty much every high-line exotic. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, tuned 911 Turbo, a twin-turbo Viper, and a 1300hp GTR (that guy was pissed when he lost 😬) I walked them all like they forgot to take the parking brake off. From a dig and a roll. It wasn't even close. The closest thing to hang was a Hayabusa with an extended swing arm. We rolled into it on the freeway and I had him by a couple lengths until my son chimed in " Hey Dad, you're doing 175". Shit that comes up soo fast.. Maybe one day I'll cross paths with a UGR Huracan. If that happens I'll likely lose.

So in conclusion, you can throw all the muppet economics you want at Tesla or any other EV. It won't change the fact that a 5xxx lb car can beat a modified crotch rocket. In my book thats pretty cool.

That’s pretty damn impressive!!