WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Car buying has changed!

westair

Reaction score
All through the internet ..... then you drive to a building and put your token in. My son's new (to him) car

Attachments

• IMG_3489.mov
    3.3 MB

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I've been buying vehicles (8) like that for 16 years. Send Jay an email or text, swap a few phone calls, have the car dropped in my driveway within 24 hours. Nothing new at all.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
All these car buying services and vending machines are for people that don't know how to buy a car. Where do you think all the brokers are buying the vehicles? And they're not doing it for free..... 😂

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
All these car buying services and vending machines are for people that don't know how to buy a car. Where do you think all the brokers are buying the vehicles? And they're not doing it for free..... 😂

pretty much. the prices are pretty terrible as well. theres no "deal" to be had and the lenders arent exactly top notch either. theres no reason why someone needs to use an app to buy a car other than they dont have the skills to negotiate a price or quality for a traditional car loan at a dealer. total gimmick. we have a carvana spot off the 405 over here and the parking lot is always empty.

congrats on the car.

westair

Reaction score
It was a rental so not sure where the car was bought .... but for his situation it worked out. He did this pretty much on his own .... not the best credit score because of no history, and little negotiating skills .... everything up front, fixed price. Carvana
2018 Mustang convertible eco premium
30K miles
Factory warranty 60K 5 years
Price ..19k

Kbach

Reaction score
It was a rental so not sure where the car was bought .... but for his situation it worked out. He did this pretty much on his own .... not the best credit score because of no history, and little negotiating skills .... everything up front, fixed price. Carvana
2018 Mustang convertible eco premium
30K miles
Factory warranty 60K 5 years
Price ..19k

Congrats to him for doing it on his own.

My first new car was an S-10 that I bought on my own at a dealership. Went to a few shopping prices and features and got what I felt was a good deal. Was it the best, nope, but I learned a lot about being self sufficient and my Pops was damn proud of me.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Congrats on the car purchase. Always wanted to see how that process worked.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
pretty much. the prices are pretty terrible as well. theres no "deal" to be had and the lenders arent exactly top notch either. theres no reason why someone needs to use an app to buy a car other than they dont have the skills to negotiate a price or quality for a traditional car loan at a dealer. total gimmick. we have a carvana spot off the 405 over here and the parking lot is always empty.

congrats on the car.
It's not a task everyone cares to tackle so I can see the appeal for some folks. Perhaps compare it to a CEO telling his secretary to go find him a red corvette......pay for convenience.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Congrats!

I don’t blame him for going this route. I HATE negotiating deals so stuff like this appeals to me. If the price is right, then I’d pull the trigger.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
Congrats!

I don’t blame him for going this route. I HATE negotiating deals so stuff like this appeals to me. If the price is right, then I’d pull the trigger.

It's an easy way to get a car if you don't have any personal skills or backbone. Not many enjoy going to a dealer, I get that, but geez, you pay for the petting.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It's an easy way to get a car if you don't have any personal skills or backbone. Not many enjoy going to a dealer, I get that, but geez, you pay for the petting.
I guess that's one way of looking at it. I personally think my time is worth more than spending the day haggling over a price if I can already afford the agreed-upon price, and it's already a good deal.

Ex. My Tesla buying experience was amazing. Everyone pays the same price, no haggling, it's delivered to my house, go over the tech, sign a few papers, and it's mine. My Lexus was CPO, and they had just dropped the price. Comps had it stated at a great deal so I went in and paid. If a few thousand dollars is going to sway my buy/no buy decision, I probably have no business buying the car.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Damn. I want to buy a used car next week. I'm screwed.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If it's a used car , you HAVE to have someone inspect it . Buying online is great until something goes wrong , then you are left holding the bag.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If it's a used car , you HAVE to have someone inspect it . Buying online is great until something goes wrong , then you are left holding the bag.

I bought my used/CPO Silverado sight-unseen from a dealer in Michigan...posted about it a few years back when I did it.

Full factory-backed warranty helps.

IMHO, CPO cars are commodities.
Buying like I did basically is for folks who need “a vehicle” but not “their dream vehicle”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro