WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Car Decision??

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
So the lease is up on my MBZ S550 i took this lease because i thought my kids would go out to dinner with us all the time and i would need a 4 door. Well they all prefer to drive themselves. So here is my question which car would you choose either a Jaguar F-type R a Porsche Panamera 4S or a tesla?

I am interested in your thoughts this is a company car lease so i dont even have to pay for it.

MillerTime

Reaction score
I think the jag would be cool! Panamaras are everywhere anymore. Tesla S might be fun too!
Sorry im not much help! :)
Id probably pick the jag as long as it doesn't spend half its life in the shop.

Husqy510

Reaction score
Jag is the best looking one, but I'd make sure you drive the Tesla before you make a decision. I'm a car guy and never thought I'd enjoy electric cars, but the acceleration is incredible. Ours isn't even the performance model, but I still wouldn't line up against it in my 2015 Mustang GT. It's also nice not stopping at a gas station.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Porsche has no room for anything, can’t even do Costco in one. Have you looked at the Audi A8? Or S7 bad ass with all the technology as Bentley Spur for 30% of the cost. TESLA is great but gives me range anxiety.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You have a sedan and stated you don’t need a sedan. So that kills the Panamera and Tesla...

I’d get a 911.
Get away from a conventional layout and put the motor in back like God intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdog

Reaction score
P cars rule. All other are luxury trying to be sporty.

Unless you want a Tesla electric abortion. Sure it’s fast in a straight line but it’s ugly and has no soul.

Albert

Reaction score
My vote

upload_2018-5-19_9-2-44.jpeg

Albert

Reaction score
What a great problem to have....Porsche ....Jag....Tesla.....hmmm and here I am just a squirell trying to get a nut . With those choices I would be more confused than a cow on astroturf.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
P cars rule. All other are luxury trying to be sporty.

Unless you want a Tesla electric abortion. Sure it’s fast in a straight line to 80 but it’s ugly and has no soul.

Fixed.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Id go for the Porsche..... The Jag looks stylish but it isn't put together well. It looks like cheap materials in person. Tesla is just fast in a straight line and are boring to drive otherwise. My dad looked at them........

Audi Guy

Reaction score
Have you considered the Audi RS7? If not, you should drive one before making any decisions. It is a beast of a car!

pronstar

Reaction score
Id go for the Porsche..... The Jag looks stylish but it isn't put together well. It looks like cheap materials in person. Tesla is just fast in a straight line and are boring to drive otherwise. My dad looked at them........

I agree.
Jag interiors used to set the standard. Now, they look more like cost-cutting.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I agree.
Jag interiors used to set the standard. Now, they look more like cost-cutting.

Back in the day, yep really nice. Now it looks like they robbed the economy parts bin of another manufacture.

530RL

Reaction score
Go drive the Jag. They are a great car.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Drive the jag f type r. The v8 sound is insane. It hauls ass and man that sound. Remember that the sound is going to be with you always though and for some people it can get annoying. Those people are called pussies and should be driving a tesla. The jag is a snarling snorting Dragon of a car.

If I were looking at a Porsche it would be a 911 or a cayman. The Cayman might have been the best handling car I have ever driven.

Couple of friends have tesla's like others have said they are fun in a straight line but there is something missing.

I know they aren't reliable and they are completely impractical but the Alfa Romeo coupe and sedan are pretty damn special to drive.

There's always the safe choice of the Mercedes sl.

The audi r8 and rs 5 are great cars.

boatpi

Reaction score
Porsche Panamera, look at the hybrid about to come out, a rocket ship, 2nd is Jag.

nowski

Reaction score
He isnt paying for it..Company lease
I got caught up in all the choices and missed the punch line the company is flipping the bill. In that case a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon would be my choice...

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Have you been in the Porsche? Had one as a loaner awhile back and thought it had tons of trunk space.
Porsche has no room for anything, can’t even do Costco in one. Have you looked at the Audi A8? Or S7 bad ass with all the technology as Bentley Spur for 30% of the cost. TESLA is great but gives me range anxiety.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Don't know what your funding limit is, but have you checked out the Mercedes Benz S560 coupe?

2018-S-COUPE-GALLERY-001-SET-R-WP.jpg

sml

Reaction score
Jaguar has grown on me since i’m in them
all the time. Most people talking smack must not have drove or ridden in one in awhile. I’d take the f pace over the comparable land rover every day of the week and twice on sunday.

As for the company car question go drive the f type. You might be surprised. This project 7 lives near me and it is a beast of a car, apparently 1 of 50 in the states.

IMG_2467.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
Jaguar has grown on me since i’m in them
all the time. Most people talking smack must not have drove or ridden in one in awhile. I’d take the f pace over the comparable land rover every day of the week and twice on sunday.

The only people “talking smack” commented on the interiors.

Compared to the German 3 or even sister company Land Rover, they look spartan.

It’s not just two random forum posters, google it...buff books and even Jag enthusiast forums forums overwhelmingly agree.

The auto industry used to fawn over Jaguar interior craftsmanship. Even as the rest of the car left much to be desired.

Now it’s high-end Mercedes-Benz and BMW.

This says nothing about the driving dynamics of the cars, which are largely considered pretty good.

Reactions: sml

sml

Reaction score
The only people “talking smack” commented on the interiors.

Compared to the German 3 or even sister company Land Rover, they look spartan.

It’s not just two random forum posters, google it...buff books and even Jag enthusiast forums forums overwhelmingly agree.

The auto industry used to fawn over Jaguar interior craftsmanship. Even as the rest of the car left much to be desired.

Now it’s high-end Mercedes-Benz and BMW.

This says nothing about the driving dynamics of the cars, which are largely considered pretty good.

Lots of people talk down on the jags outside of the forum too so my comment was also including that.....i was just giving my .02, not like it is gospel or anything...everyone should go form their own opinion in person if they are considering one.

I am in and around and work on the newest bmw, mercedes, jag and the land rover lines every day. They are like rv’s, all pieces of shit. It’s just picking the one that is the least piece of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
For myself? It would depend on my use.

if the in town road trip ratio is 80/20 town - Id go with the Telsa.
If the ratio is 80/20 road I'd go with the P car.

Town

Tesla rules - Stop light to stoplight - the teslas a monster. especially a d motor car.
Basically you fill up at home for cheap every night and have a full tank every morning -
My 120 mile commute from house to shop is a slam dunk with 250+ or more on a full tap
P car would hold its own stoplight to stoplight
J car would be fun - until it breaks.

Road trip

The Telsa restrict you to a few supercharging schedules per trip, its a little time consuming but workable for me.
The P car will swallow tons of miles effortlessly on a long trip
The Jag will swallow tons of miles effortlessly - until it breaks.

UD

Ultra912

Reaction score
Audi RS5. Bought mine 5 years ago and it still has the looks and the performance is Porsche quality.

stolen

Reaction score
I'd definitely do the Panamera over the Jag, but then again, I would pick anything over the Jag. I only drive vehicles with V8's and horrible gas milage, so asking me about a Tesla is a bad idea. My BMW 650 is going away at the end of the summer, so I've been pricing stuff out. My number 1 pick right now is the S560 coupe, but spec'd out the way I want it is over $150K. Not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on a car I won't drive much. I'll probably end up with the new 8 Series BMW.

DWC

Reaction score
I’d go Tesla if you’re not driving a ton everyday. I’ve had a GT500 and a CTSV and loved both them. Drove my buddies Tesla P85 performance model and it was every bit as fun. Quick as all hell.
Second would be the Porsche. Rode in one at the Porsche experience and it was super impressive. Holy shit that guy could drive and that car was awesome.
Nothing bad to say about the Jag. Nice looking car. If it’s a work lease who gives a shit if it’s going to fall apart.

pronstar

Reaction score
I’d go Tesla if you’re not driving a ton everyday.

Curious what your definition of “driving a ton” is. The car has a 250-300 mile range.

I consider “a ton of driving” ~50
miles per day LOL

Or do you just not find it comfortable to drive...the ride quality can be a bit goofy.

DWC

Reaction score
Curious what your definition of “driving a ton” is. The car has a 250-300 mile range.

I consider “a ton of driving” ~50
miles per day LOL

Or do you just not find it comfortable to drive...the ride quality can be a bit goofy.

A couple hundred miles a day would be a lot. I do regular trips to San Diego and the central coast. Whether it’s a day trip or a 2-3 day visit i would have some anxiety watching the battery levels.
That’s coming from a person who always buys the largest mophie for my phone and rarely drops below 1/2 tank in the truck though

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Jag: Chick car with absolutely no room inside. And if you're a big guy you won't likely find the seats comfortable. Jags are nowhere near the quality or performance of a Porsche.

Tesla: For tree huggers trying to make a statement

Porsche/Pcar: Best all around performing cars and SUVs. The new Panameras are awesome looking - best yet. And if you can spend that kind of money - go for the most expensive 911 you can afford on your company lease. Ideally it'd be a Turbo but the Porsche Carrera S (about $105k) will put a smile on your and your passenger's face.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Have you been in the Porsche? Had one as a loaner awhile back and thought it had tons of trunk space.

Yes. Have had a few different ones I get from Porsche for the weekend, was going to Vegas just the wife and I, packed our stuff and went to drop the kids at a friends and they had to put their bags on their laps.

Cayenne is amazing and the Macan is super fun to drive.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You have a sedan and stated you don’t need a sedan. So that kills the Panamera and Tesla...

I’d get a 911.
Get away from a conventional layout and put the motor in back like God intended.

Cayman GTS3 IMO is a better choice than a 911.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JDKRXW

Reaction score
What's wrong with another S550?
It's one of the best all around cars made.

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Since you’re asking between the three, here’s my suggestion... if you can do this first....

Get the company to rent you each one for a week. Drive each one for a week and after that, I think you can make a pretty good decision on what suits you best.

I think all three cars are great in their own respect and have their shining points as well as their detriments.

If you can’t get them to foot this, then lead with the one that your penis points to the most for overall satisfaction.

Like previously mentioned, although it is out of your “3 choice request”, I’d seriously look at the S550 or S63 Coupe. It’s a fantastic car no matter how you look at it.

LocoGringo “out”

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve driven the Tesla and liked it. Although between the three, the cool factor of the Panamera would do it for me.