WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

car show things that make you go HMMMMM?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that alot of the stuff i think looks good on cars some wont. thats part of what makes it cool, you can personalize a car for your taste or function. But every now and then i see something that just makes me shake my head, i very rarely take pictures at shows but this was too good. i actually forget what specific car it was, but it was a early mopar gasser. looked really clean when it pulled in, but what instantly made me want to see it was "mechanical injection" something about those 8 stacks sticking up from a engine i just love. i walked up to the car from behind, body straight nice cage and interior work, got to the engine and saw this:eek::oops: it actually took me a minute to figure out what it was. i just kind of shook my head and walked away. any of you guys ever see anything like this? it ruined the car for me, felt like telling the owner just put a air cleaner on in and it would be 10x cooler.
IMG_6046.jpg

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve see those before.
No, I’d never, ever do that on a car I owned.
But I don’t have anything to take to a car show right now, so who am I to talk?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I had a 6-71 polished with an Enderle and the drive and pulley all polished. But it was gutted for a carb. Friend wanted it bad so I eventually sold it to him.
Ya anything that tries that hard….

Tank

Reaction score
Lol. That’s some ghetto ass shit.

Wonder if when the hoods down you can’t tell. Like only the stacks are sticking up.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I like when people do stuff that makes you think, i would have been fine with the fake stacks if it was executed better, the fit and finish on that was poor at best. The is a pretty well know cracker box that has a couple things on it that dont do a dam thing but make people look real had and try to figure out what the hell it is.. I like that.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that alot of the stuff i think looks good on cars some wont. thats part of what makes it cool, you can personalize a car for your taste or function. But every now and then i see something that just makes me shake my head, i very rarely take pictures at shows but this was too good. i actually forget what specific car it was, but it was a early mopar gasser. looked really clean when it pulled in, but what instantly made me want to see it was "mechanical injection" something about those 8 stacks sticking up from a engine i just love. i walked up to the car from behind, body straight nice cage and interior work, got to the engine and saw this:eek::oops: it actually took me a minute to figure out what it was. i just kind of shook my head and walked away. any of you guys ever see anything like this? it ruined the car for me, felt like telling the owner just put a air cleaner on in and it would be 10x cooler. View attachment 1163000

That is like seeing a super hot chick...

...All excited to check it out..

...then you see the adams apple😳🤮

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Maybe it just needs 8 more injector nozzles???…and to be named Little Surfer…(Only a few will get the joke)…

Last edited:

bonesfab

Reaction score
In what used to be the Hilton in Vegas. Where the sema show is held. In the lobby across from the cantina was a black 32-34 ford coupe. Sporting the fake set up pictured above. It was there a few years and I chuckled every time I went by it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For some reason, padded bra comes to mind...

Anyone remember a car in Hot Rod from maybe 88-89, "The Great Pretender"? Pro Street Chevette iirc...big tubs and wheelie bars...stock drivetrain:oops:

Think of it this way...it lured in a hard-core Mopar guy. His fishing game makes GRADS look like yarn an a paperclip;)

BB132

Reaction score
Back in the day there was a bolt on
fake 8 stack fuel injection on the market endorsed by Don Garlits.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Back in the day there was a bolt on
fake 8 stack fuel injection on the market endorsed by Don Garlits.
I believe that’s what these are. I remember seeing them in the magazines and saying why.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that alot of the stuff i think looks good on cars some wont. thats part of what makes it cool, you can personalize a car for your taste or function. But every now and then i see something that just makes me shake my head, i very rarely take pictures at shows but this was too good. i actually forget what specific car it was, but it was a early mopar gasser. looked really clean when it pulled in, but what instantly made me want to see it was "mechanical injection" something about those 8 stacks sticking up from a engine i just love. i walked up to the car from behind, body straight nice cage and interior work, got to the engine and saw this:eek::oops: it actually took me a minute to figure out what it was. i just kind of shook my head and walked away. any of you guys ever see anything like this? it ruined the car for me, felt like telling the owner just put a air cleaner on in and it would be 10x cooler. View attachment 1163000

$1500

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…The real deal in the way of Enderles…

…I am 90% sure that our Enderles were the first set cast for a small block Chevy…This would have been early 1965…

7A6C2EB3-4367-4BE2-89F8-B8BA66486E55.jpeg
08E30AFF-C0EB-43DB-A566-371A12416F34.jpeg

Last edited: