WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Car stolen, recovered sitting on rotors, now what?

cflores3

Reaction score
Looking for some information on what to expect. My car was stolen and the stock wheels and tires were stolen. The car was found a few hours laters minus wheels.

Backstory: I was trying to sell the car and recently detailed it and replaced the tires. Car was sitting on its rotors. Tomorrow when the adjuster calls me what should i expect? at the very least new tires, and rotors/pads? Any help would greatly be appreciated. My insurance company is Wawanesa.

Thanks

senorpdog

Reaction score
Yep it should be pretty painless with wawanesa they will tow it to a wawanesa express shop and replace it all if you have a receipt for the new tires it will help them with the betterment.

boatpi

Reaction score
If you have your receipt for anything new they will just replace it receipts and photographs are everything

cflores3

Reaction score
what about kid car seats? is it standard practice for them to replace the rotors and pads, or is that something I have to insist on? What about spare tire jack, batter jumpstart pack, etc?
thanks for the replies

boatpi

Reaction score
You need to look at your policy but anything that's part of the auto will be resolved as part of the claim is probably a part of your policy that lowers for other additional items and side up to a certain dollar amount

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Is the car after the hit gonna be recognized as a theft recovery? I would want protection against that. Otherwise shouldn't be an issue.

senorpdog

Reaction score
The children’s car seats should be replaced because they have no idea what was done while the car was stolen. They will replace them for the liability reasons.

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Check your policy, sometimes they will refer you to go through your homeowners insurance if the car was parked at home for the personal items taken out of the car....