WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cargo ships multiplying off Ca Coast

Xring01

Reaction score
What about the video posted in the other thread here yesterday of the truck driver waiting in line for 4 hours to load with dozens of other trucks, 4 lanes wide, plenty of trailers stacked up, yet nothing was moving? That doesn't fit the stories we are being told of a truck/driver shortage and it would eliminate most of the storage issues. Really seems like the longshoremen are just choking the fuck out of everything when you loop that video and other first hand accounts into the mix.
So you are absolutely positive the Ports have enough space, to hold all the containers of all those ships at one time?

If you are saying that, then you might have my attention.

But my red neck math is telling me there is only so much shit you can put in one closet. Eventually the door wont close.

Xring01

Reaction score
You missed california fucking up the trucking industry. The govt continuing the hand outs.
You guys are not picking up, what I am putting down.
The problem is alot more than just one component.
The problem, its the entire SUPPLY CHAIN that has problems, not just the truckers, or the long shoremen, storage space, or ___________________.
They all have problems, that impact other aspects of that chain.
Even if you fix one aspect of that CHAIN... the other aspects still have there problems,

WHICH IS WHY IS REFERRED TO AS A CHAIN..... LINKS OF A CHAIN.... IF YOU HAVE ONE WEAK LINK THEN THE CHAIN FAILS....

Its going to take time, there is no easy fix/solution that can happen overnight. Anyone who thinks it can is just fooling themselves.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So you are absolutely positive the Ports have enough space, to hold all the containers of all those ships at one time?

If you are saying that, then you might have my attention.

But my red neck math is telling me there is only so much shit you can put in one closet. Eventually the door wont close.
No. and they dont need to. Thats the point. The port should NEVER have storage for all the container ships. There should always be one waiting for a short period of time as well. The trucks and trains combined SHOULD be loading as quickly as they can offload a ship. The containers should be in a yard for only how long it takes Customs to do their job and then out they go. Having trucks and/or trains waiting to be loaded (obviously it takes a good amount of time to fully load a train) indicates that the longshoremen and/or their tasks are the major bottle neck.

Now if there were no Trains coming in to load nor were there empty trucks coming in then there is no issue with the longshoremen/port. But there are.

Why the ports are not running 24/7 is beyond any reason nor comprehension for the current situation.

HotRod82

Reaction score
What I don't get, is where there hasn't been any investigative reporting on mainstream media on this. I'd expect there to be some major stories about why its happening, what the problem is, how they're gonna fix it, etc. Seems like it's been crickets. Then again - I don't watch the news much anymore, cause its bullshit lol. But I haven't seen anything pop up anywhere with stories like these. It's like its being completely ignored by both media and government

Exactly.....no reporting or government news conferences. The simple question I have is a simple one....What is the average number of containers offloaded in a month? And how many were offloaded last month?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Exactly.....no reporting or government news conferences. The simple question I have is a simple one....What is the average number of containers offloaded in a month? And how many were offloaded last month?
I talked to one of the longshoremen he said there dock has handled 300k more containers already this year than last. They could hire more guys but would be stuck paying unemployment when it does catch up. Have not talked to the casuals I know imagine there working as much as possible to log hours.

The other thing I heard was they have had to move containers several times instead of once. It wastes time shuffling them around instead of loading them on trucks or rail.

arch stanton

Reaction score
check the link i posted

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
What I don't get, is where there hasn't been any investigative reporting on mainstream media on this. I'd expect there to be some major stories about why its happening, what the problem is, how they're gonna fix it, etc. Seems like it's been crickets. Then again - I don't watch the news much anymore, cause its bullshit lol. But I haven't seen anything pop up anywhere with stories like these. It's like its being completely ignored by both media and government

Because they haven't figured out a way to blame Trump or republicans yet.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I talked to one of the longshoremen he said there dock has handled 300k more containers already this year than last. They could hire more guys but would be stuck paying unemployment when it does catch up. Have not talked to the casuals I know imagine there working as much as possible to log hours.

The other thing I heard was they have had to move containers several times instead of once. It wastes time shuffling them around instead of loading them on trucks or rail.
Makes sense but….
Was last year exceptionally slow? What’s normal?
The unemployment makes sense but how many employees are normal.
How does this pencil out only running 1 shift compared to the normal 2 or 3?
As with most things nowadays my simple mind adds 1+1+1+1 and gets 43to the 12th power.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Let’s go Brandon 👏👏
136D23B6-06B2-4A1A-9F50-53F04CF63F84.jpeg

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Would love to live in lhh. Great concerts in the park.

c_land

Reaction score
Biden is on TV Live now stroking himself off that L.A. and Long Beach ports are going to operate 24/7.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Emperor jao just said he wants the ports to run 24/7 until the backlog clears. We're all saved!

traquer

Reaction score
So the shipping companies are making a bank, anyone else profiting off of this? I'm thinking how can I get in on this action and help the supply chain, there must be a way? Then again, without connections it wouldn't be smart to. Perhaps something digital like an app or technology that can help a tiny portion of the big mess go a little smoother?

BingerFang

Reaction score
Just sold my house off Janine. Looking in the heights.

Heck yea! Let me know where you end up, I’ll keep my eyes peeled if I see anything in my area pop up.

Email Jan Fiore, she is the best and helped me tremendously on my place. I know Ray Fernandez is pretty good as well but Jan is the OG up here.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Emperor jao just said he wants the ports to run 24/7 until the backlog clears. We're all saved!
Maybe him and Newscum should also roll back of the CARB non-sense so that all trucks can come back into California and help get ahead of this.

Makes complete sense that ships can sit idle burning diesel both ship and generators for weeks on end yet they wont let a non compliant CARB truck drive down the road. IDIOTS

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Joe's gotta get the money flowing back to his homeland.byou see the Dems can't afford to have a big made in America push because they might have to reverse some of their EPA bullshit, and they can't have that.

Xring01

Reaction score
Maybe him and Newscum should also roll back of the CARB non-sense so that all trucks can come back into California and help get ahead of this.

Makes complete sense that ships can sit idle burning diesel both ship and generators for weeks on end yet they wont let a non compliant CARB truck drive down the road. IDIOTS
Actually there is CA legislation, that requires the ships to shut down, and run on shore power when they are docked.
Yes, when they are anchored, they can run, but not in port. Which is actually has and more expensive for the ship and causes higher maintenance. But thats Ca for ya.

What crack me up. When I lived in San Diego, why do Ca cars have to get Smogged, but we allow 250,000 cars / day minimum from Tijuana into San Diego, with out being smogged?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Business and money magazine did in investigation recently there are excellent articles there’s many many factors that caused this. That’s having to do specifically with the amount of containers coming in the price is basically extortion by the shipping lines pure and simple.

As to a comment above about not buying anything from China imports I can only speak to our business which is the importation of aluminum finished products.

Want to comes to aluminum North America can only produce 43% of the material needed this is a fact it’s indisputable. Are used to be more but our demand for Aluminum Primero in the automotive industry for sheet panels and framework has driven the need for high-end aluminum alloy up over the last few years which is not a bad thing it’s a good thing.

There’s a few things going on in the aluminum industry in the southwest United States most interestingly we learned just last week there’s a shortage of billet so two major mills are shut down and the employees laid off because I don’t have the aluminum to push through a die and press. My wife has been in the industry 30 years, she has never heard of anything like this.

We discovered this since we started and currently is high shipping cost we are reaching out to local extruders we actually need a source for about two or 3,000,000 pounds a year, we sell two or three times that.

After several weeks of investigating we realize we’re going to go nowhere with USA suppliers either can’t do it there at capacity they don’t need new customers because they just don’t wanna deal with new vendors and leave their current customers short.

So we stick to the plan we’ve always had imported from Indonesia which is an excellent country very experienced in aluminum production, and a democratic nation. It’s the least expensive country to produce a high-quality alloy with many different metals within it including titanium and a little bit of silver for the products that we produce. Not to mention the coatings that we have done, everything from anodization to a high end powder coating.

Through this process in addition our employees in two states, we have other new distributors and other states that employ people and of course the contractors well over 200 of them now. They buy our products throughout the southwest and employ many Americans in this outdoor shade structure industry.

Our best interest sources tell us it’s going to continue through the second quarter of next year in pricing and then the slow down in the delivery.
I can concur to everything you said. I have one of my products manufactured from aluminum extrusion and have pulled my hair out trying to find a manufacture to work with. My original manufacture down in So. Cal. doesn't have a press large enough for my new profile, so I've had to seek a new manufacture. Even my old manufacture had a 4-5 month lead time for existing customers. He states that the high demand, lack of raw material and lack of labor atributes to the backup. He was trying to hire 15 new employees to run another shift and couldn't get 15 people to apply. Another manufacture told me that the lead times have been bilding for the past couple of years. When Trump went to war with China a lot of manufacturing did come back to the states and extrusion manufactures got busier. Now with the massive labor shortage, shortage of raw material and extra high demand most extrusion manufactures will not even entertain taking on new business, as they are struggling to supply existing customers.

clarence

Reaction score
Last week, the Florida Ports Council put out a press release telling shippers that the state’s ports are open, staffed, and ready for business. “Florida is where your success comes in, and our seaports are the solution to ensure the cargo shipping logjam doesn’t become the grinch that stole Christmas,” said Florida Ports Council President and CEO Michael Rubin. He added, “With inflation growing, shipping and manufacturing industries can save time and money by calling on Florida ports. Why pay to moor off the coast of California, when Florida shipping lanes are open and serving as the gateway for getting goods to America’s market?”

More than 60 ships holding thousands of shipping containers were moored off the California coast when the council sent the letter. Rubin asserted, “Florida is open for business, and we are the solution to help resolve the global supply chain crisis. Instead of waiting off the coast of California, cargo vessels can offload and move their product to Florida and other discretionary markets in the same time it takes to find space in an increasingly congested California.” . . .

Hopefully, shippers will reward Florida’s proactive attitude so that all of the sneakers, toilet paper, toys, and Christmas trees can come ashore sooner than anticipated. According to the Washington Post, the port crisis is also causing rail yards to back up and logjams for truckers. California passed AB 5, which eliminated owner-operators. Another law put restrictions on the age of trucks that could legally operate in the state. These restrictions further impede getting products out of the ports and in and out of the rail yards. Florida doesn’t have any of these restrictive rules.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What about the video posted in the other thread here yesterday of the truck driver waiting in line for 4 hours to load with dozens of other trucks, 4 lanes wide, plenty of trailers stacked up, yet nothing was moving? That doesn't fit the stories we are being told of a truck/driver shortage and it would eliminate most of the storage issues. Really seems like the longshoremen are just choking the fuck out of everything when you loop that video and other first hand accounts into the mix.
if there are 50 links in the chain and at any given point one of them fails, the rest of the chain sits there on the floor with it's dick in it's hand until the broken link is fixed. All the links are on the edge of breaking all the time right now.

hman442

Reaction score
Found this, don't know how accurate, but sounds reasonable.

Robert Bishop

The NEWS says the California port situation is caused by a driver shortage.
Not so fast: It is in part caused by a California Truck Ban which says all trucks must be 2011 or newer and a law called AB 5 which prohibits Owner Operators.
Traditionally the ports have been served by Owner Operators (non union). California has now banned Owner Operators.
Long term, truckers in California are not investing in new trucks because California has a law that makes them illegal in 2035. The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.
And in the words of Paul Harvey, “Now you know the rest of the story”
BUSINESS
CARB to begin blocking certain trucks’ DMV registrations in 2020
Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020 or their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV, the state has said.
The new “health-based requirements” will need to be met before a driver is allowed to register his or her truck through the Department of Motor Vehicles, CARB says. A new enforcement tool used by the DMV beginning in 2020 will automatically block 2010 and older trucks from registration

Jack Daniel

Reaction score
Yes there has been over 300k more cans unloaded this year compared to last year so far. If you stop and think about the whole situation it's fucked. With so many people working from home these days they now are buying a desk, computer, office chair, file cabinet, paper shredder etc. No buddy buys stuff made in USA its all from China. Then all the gyms close down, so what do people do, they buy weights and treadmills and work out pads, all coming from China and not the USA. Just add all the free money that's getting passed out by our government, people are sitting on their ass all day not trying to get a job but they are on Amazon buying stuff from China. There are plenty of truck drivers, train cars and longshoreman, most longshoreman are working 6 to 7 shifts a week. The casual hall cycles almost every day. Everyone can blame who ever they want to make themselves feel better and talk. But the blame can be pointed at yourself for not buying from the USA made stuff and the government giving free money out like it Halloween candy.

Backlash

Reaction score
My Grandfather said this years ago....

"Every time you buy something that's made overseas, you put another American worker out of work."

If he only knew how accurate that statement was.

I'm guilty of that too, so I can't say much about it. It is almost impossible to find or buy things that are "Made in the USA." I try, but its futile. I like and use Milwaukee tools. You used to be able to buy their power tools that were made here, but rarely is that the case now. Craftsman went down the drain years ago, and you can no longer find a Sears store, much less anything they make that's domestic. Their tools are pretty much garbage. Clothing. I find myself scouring Ebay looking for clothing made by Cabelas or Woolrich, that's "Vintage" and made domestically. It's almost impossible to find. You can buy Danner boots that are made here, but you're going to pay a boatload of money for them. Allen Edmonds shoes are some of the best quality dress shoes made, and they too are made in USA, and also outrageously expensive. The nice thing about Danner and AE is you can have them "Recrafted," so it prevents you from having to buy another pair. But other well known brands such as Levi's, Dickies, Hanes, The North Face, Columbia, etc. are all made elsewhere, which sucks.

We as a society have created this situation buy NOT buying and manufacturing products domestically. But how do we reverse the disaster we have all created? Is that even possible? I dont think it is.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
My Grandfather said this years ago....

"Every time you buy something that's made overseas, you put another American worker out of work."

If he only knew how accurate that statement was.

I'm guilty of that too, so I can't say much about it. It is almost impossible to find or buy things that are "Made in the USA." I try, but its futile. I like and use Milwaukee tools. You used to be able to buy their power tools that were made here, but rarely is that the case now. Craftsman went down the drain years ago, and you can no longer find a Sears store, much less anything they make that's domestic. Their tools are pretty much garbage. Clothing. I find myself scouring Ebay looking for clothing made by Cabelas or Woolrich, that's "Vintage" and made domestically. It's almost impossible to find. You can buy Danner boots that are made here, but you're going to pay a boatload of money for them. Allen Edmonds shoes are some of the best quality dress shoes made, and they too are made in USA, and also outrageously expensive. The nice thing about Danner and AE is you can have them "Recrafted," so it prevents you from having to buy another pair. But other well known brands such as Levi's, Dickies, Hanes, The North Face, Columbia, etc. are all made elsewhere, which sucks.

We as a society have created this situation buy NOT buying and manufacturing products domestically. But how do we reverse the disaster we have all created? Is that even possible? I dont think it is.

The SAD thing is Shareholders Want/Demand Profits and Do Not care where they come from Or Who Makes it. I am NOT Anti-Union, but Companies made a decision Long Ago to Not Argue and Moved overseas. The Buy American push has brought some Foreign products assembled here, BUT"?"

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Here is what I KNOW....my Daughter boyfriends father is a longshoreman.

It is so control burdened by the feds and the process lengthy just to get a container on a chassis and a truck out the exit gate. The truck lines are long and it takes many hrs to get a truck in and out. Truckers get paid by the load and sitting around waiting on the port cycle of bullshit, truckers just don't want to do it. Add in the chassis maintenance with leaky airlines and tire bullshit falls on the trucker most the time with reimbursement almost non existent.

Speed the process and have it so the truckers can make a profit and you will have unlimited trucks. Currently its trucker abusive.

Right now the truth is not being reported. The actual inner workings of the port policies and procedures are the bottleneck. Having Gruesome and Retarden saying just work longer hours wont solve much. How about the feds bulk up and move those shoe boxes through a little quicker.

There it is. In the mean time the shippers are just sticking it to the consumer for the wait time and blaming the trucker.

Total IQ on task...58

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
We sure love over seas products.

530RL

Reaction score
I can concur to everything you said. I have one of my products manufactured from aluminum extrusion and have pulled my hair out trying to find a manufacture to work with. My original manufacture down in So. Cal. doesn't have a press large enough for my new profile, so I've had to seek a new manufacture. Even my old manufacture had a 4-5 month lead time for existing customers. He states that the high demand, lack of raw material and lack of labor atributes to the backup. He was trying to hire 15 new employees to run another shift and couldn't get 15 people to apply. Another manufacture told me that the lead times have been bilding for the past couple of years. When Trump went to war with China a lot of manufacturing did come back to the states and extrusion manufactures got busier. Now with the massive labor shortage, shortage of raw material and extra high demand most extrusion manufactures will not even entertain taking on new business, as they are struggling to supply existing customers.
Yes there has been over 300k more cans unloaded this year compared to last year so far. If you stop and think about the whole situation it's fucked. With so many people working from home these days they now are buying a desk, computer, office chair, file cabinet, paper shredder etc. No buddy buys stuff made in USA its all from China. Then all the gyms close down, so what do people do, they buy weights and treadmills and work out pads, all coming from China and not the USA. Just add all the free money that's getting passed out by our government, people are sitting on their ass all day not trying to get a job but they are on Amazon buying stuff from China. There are plenty of truck drivers, train cars and longshoreman, most longshoreman are working 6 to 7 shifts a week. The casual hall cycles almost every day. Everyone can blame who ever they want to make themselves feel better and talk. But the blame can be pointed at yourself for not buying from the USA made stuff and the government giving free money out like it Halloween candy.

As Tom slick points out there simply is no more capacity to manufacture in the US as there is no more labor who is either trained or willing to grow capacity.

The shelves are not just empty of Chinese and other foreign made stuff but also American made stuff. Demand objectively exceeds supply and until those equalize, which means higher prices, there will continue to be a mismatch. It is not that Americans are buying foreign product over American product, they are buying whatever is available and in some cases not buying as nothing is available.

Output is a function of workers times productivity. Unless America finds more workers with the currently required skills, or achieves large gains in productivity, our capacity is limited in its ability to grow and fulfill the demand that exceeds the supply at the current time.

thetub

Reaction score
As Tom slick points out there simply is no more capacity to manufacture in the US as there is no more labor who is either trained or willing to grow capacity.

The shelves are not just empty of Chinese and other foreign made stuff but also American made stuff. Demand objectively exceeds supply and until those equalize, which means higher prices, there will continue to be a mismatch. It is not that Americans are buying foreign product over American product, they are buying whatever is available and in some cases not buying as nothing is available.

Output is a function of workers times productivity. Unless America finds more workers with the currently required skills, or achieves large gains in productivity, our capacity is limited in its ability to grow and fulfill the demand that exceeds the supply at the current time.

ive got the solution pay people to stay home allow them to not pay for bills like rent and mortgages slap on the most regulatory practices on business via in the name and of climate and the kids and make owner operators non existent through government kickabacks (unions) along with corporate kickbacks via insider trading and God knows what else to yore politicians...

oh and almost forgot nail small businesses with higher taxes and monitor their 600 transactions... that otta get em

sounds like a plan...

more conservative government at work

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
The JIT supply chain and many vendors drop shipping everything instead of carrying actual stock have not helped the shortage either. It is much more difficult to adapt to changes in demand when only one or 2 warehouses in the country hold most of the stock.

This will turn out great for me, I think. I’m stocking my caliper components in bulk, and while they do come from mostly China, I air freight them in. Cost is irrelevant if I’m the only one that has them. I’m sitting on at least a 3 year supply.

I charge $30/kit while others (who don’t have stock) used to be under $10. I smile every time I ship a couple sandwich bags with a few rubber parts in them for $60+

Last edited:

Mikes56

Reaction score
Found this, don't know how accurate, but sounds reasonable.

Robert Bishop

The NEWS says the California port situation is caused by a driver shortage.
Not so fast: It is in part caused by a California Truck Ban which says all trucks must be 2011 or newer and a law called AB 5 which prohibits Owner Operators.
Traditionally the ports have been served by Owner Operators (non union). California has now banned Owner Operators.
Long term, truckers in California are not investing in new trucks because California has a law that makes them illegal in 2035. The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.
And in the words of Paul Harvey, “Now you know the rest of the story”
BUSINESS
CARB to begin blocking certain trucks’ DMV registrations in 2020
Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020 or their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV, the state has said.
The new “health-based requirements” will need to be met before a driver is allowed to register his or her truck through the Department of Motor Vehicles, CARB says. A new enforcement tool used by the DMV beginning in 2020 will automatically block 2010 and older trucks from registration
This is most likely the problem,

A few years ago I would go to the Port of Long Beach for work. I talked to several of the truck drivers. These were poor people that had managed to purchase a used and worn out old semi truck to try and make a living. Now the idiot Governor Newsome made all these trucks illegal and unable to be registered, so there isn’t the truck drivers to move the containers. When I was going to the Port, the drivers would wait at least an hour in line to pick up their load. I think one of them told me that they only got $45.00 per load, and that had to cover their fuel, wear and tear, truck payment, etc, and then a little profit was left over. One driver told me he had to make ten trips a day to make any money.

Ill be really surprised if they get this problem resolve unless they change something with the trucking issue.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Don't know how big of problem this is, but heard yesterday that a lot of containers are owned by companies no longer in business and they're clogging the system.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Here is what I KNOW....my Daughter boyfriends father is a longshoreman.

It is so control burdened by the feds and the process lengthy just to get a container on a chassis and a truck out the exit gate. The truck lines are long and it takes many hrs to get a truck in and out. Truckers get paid by the load and sitting around waiting on the port cycle of bullshit, truckers just don't want to do it. Add in the chassis maintenance with leaky airlines and tire bullshit falls on the trucker most the time with reimbursement almost non existent.

Speed the process and have it so the truckers can make a profit and you will have unlimited trucks. Currently its trucker abusive.

Right now the truth is not being reported. The actual inner workings of the port policies and procedures are the bottleneck. Having Gruesome and Retarden saying just work longer hours wont solve much. How about the feds bulk up and move those shoe boxes through a little quicker.

There it is. In the mean time the shippers are just sticking it to the consumer for the wait time and blaming the trucker.

Total IQ on task...58
Managers manage. Bureaucrats, Fuk shit up. Let's GO Buttitgetsge. Maternity leave? I don't even want to know what position he plays.

By definition: an official in a government department, in particular one perceived as being concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of the people's needs.

The current POS DOT SEC Isn't even up to the pathetic performance Webster describes above.

Let's GO Brandon

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
This is one of the folks I have been watching on this issue.
Our government, ever vigilant, has taken steps. LOL. Watch this guy, he updates regularly and has a number of informative and clear videos about this crisis on his channel. Hope you find it worth your time.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
The article only mentions Port of LA, which may or may not include Long Beach volume. Either way the volume is down and many importers have moved to other ports.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Every time I talk to a politician the subject comes up about how they could do more if they had a stable revenue stream. The underline problem in most States and City Governments. Ports of entry by volume is equal to lose revenue in taxes by 5 times. People wonder why we are $31.4T in debt.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
It's all about China. Their Covid lockdowns, energy shutdowns, and companies' reduction in buying from China all are contributing to a major reduction in shipping traffic now and prices are down

motormonkey

Reaction score
Every time I talk to a politician the subject comes up about how they could do more if they had a stable revenue stream. The underline problem in most States and City Governments. Ports of entry by volume is equal to lose revenue in taxes by 5 times. People wonder why we are $31.4T in debt.
I think 90 percent of our issues start with politicians thinking they need a steady revenue stream. We are in $31.4T debt for that reason only.