WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carl's Toast tonight at 6:00

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just an informational post.. Carl went out on his own terms at 4:45 instead of after the family meeting and decision at 6:00. God bless that man that he was classy till the end..

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Rest in Paradise Carl.

image.jpg

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Anybody "toying" with the idea of going to the Billy B show in Needles next weekend should definitely make the effort to go, we will be hoisting them high in Carl's honor

~Bilge

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
No Pic, sorry
Didn't have the damn phone in my pocket.Probably wouldn't have been able to use it anyway.
I poured it, and went out on the deck facing due west into an invisible sunset...it is cloudy, drizzling. Been raining all day.
As I put the glass to my lips I could've sworn, for 5 seconds or so, a slight glimpse of the sun broke through the clouds, shining into the Single Barrel n my glass.
By the time my mind registered what I saw and I pulled the glass down to get a better look, it was gone.
As was the whiskey.
Adios, and Godspeed, sir.
I hop and pray that when I leave this earth we can shake hands and shoot the breeze while sharing a campfire that never needs wood and never blows smoke at in our faces.

Sbarry

Reaction score
Cheers to a good ol boy I never had the pleasure of meeting.

I should've gone to last year's Damn Dam Run like you said [emoji57]

Here's to many more in your honor, Carl.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455945548.788447.jpg

dryhoze1

Reaction score
***** Carl ********
Today I had a moment!!!
I am not a religious person by any means, but this evening I had a moment.
After reading Rd's 6 PM post & toast I wanted to make sure I participated in Carl's memory.
As my family was prepping to head out to dinner for the night, I snuck out into the garage at 5:57. Not that I needed to sneak, but just wanted to have a quiet moment in Carl's memory. Before I get ahead of myself, I live in San Juan Capistrano where the mission bells ring every hour on the hour 24/7. I have spent countless hours out in my garage restoring my boat for the last several years & can honestly say I only hear the bells on Sunday mornings anymore when the city is quiet. We live at least 3 miles as the crow flies & on Sunday's, I still hear those bells early as I plan my days objectives on the boat. With today's hustle & bustle, Sunday's are really the only day I hear the bells anymore.
Back to the moment,
My wife jenifers all time favorite movie is its a wonderful life. Those of you familiar with the story know that when they hear the bell ring an Angel gets his wings.

As I stepped out into the garage to have my own personal toast to Carl.
I have a garage fridge filled with beer, but I also have a bottle of single barrel Jack that was given to me by a dear friend. Knowing Carl loved the JD, I figured it would be the appropriate toast to his life. So just as I took a shot for Carl & I felt the JD hit the back of my throat the clock hit 6:00. Standing in my garage right at that second I heard the mission bells clearly as if it was a Sunday morning at 6:00 am.
It hit me ~ Carl had just received his wings.

I actually said to myself, are you fucking kidding me..
Anyone that knew him, consider yourself blessed

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Although I never met this man, I have enjoyed him on the forums for years. Here is yet another testament to all the hearts and thoughts he is in tonight. He and his family have been in my thoughts all week. I cheers you Carl. Godspeed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455946482.066620.jpg

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
CC - I appreciate the hospitality you extended to me and others. :thumbsup

Peak2Peak Yesterday
image.jpg

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
This is a series of posts from a Needles Billy B Show thread on PB from 2011 :tbi

What time approx does the parade/cacklefest start on Friday. Anyone except Rattle Can can respond due to the fact I'd really like accurate info and not some hillbilly interpretation of around 2 oclock being ya Don just be there 3 billygoat peckers past teatime or some other retarded Idaho outback shit.

The festivities begin with Carmel Campbell's Poker Run - participants follow a designated course through historic Needles California on an action packed quest for fame and fortune!
Cards are gathered along the way at checkpoints that alternate between tanning salons and liquor stores.

Now, that's funny! :D

No it ain't............................. :)

Among his other attributes, Carl was also one hell of a good sport - RIP Brother

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Had a Toast to CC at 6:00 last night with some Fireball... RIP Sir

I enjoyed his presence on threads here and on PB. He was very knowledgeable with many topics. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet him. I was going to join the Damn Dam run but my boat has had a few issues so we weren't confident enough to participate.

Hoping to be able to join in a Damn Dam run in the future in Carl's memory.